406 members have voted

1. 1. as title

• yes
    • no

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just goes to show how high the standards are at this club when we can go a full season unbeaten get to a cup final and a semi final and its still nowhere near good enough .

Although an unbeaten league campaign is good, I think the performances in the cup games speak volumes. The team was put to a proper test and failed every time. Struggled to beat Albion over 2 legs, losses to Forfar, Raith and Scumdee just arent good enough.

It's a no for me.

Winning the league and going unbeaten was expected, losing the Ramsdens was a huge dissapointment, getting knocked out in the first round of the League Cup was even worse and although getting to the Scottish Cup semi-final seemed a good thing, we got a really easy run to it.

I said before the season, anything other than winning the league and the Ramsdens would be an unsuccessful season so I stand by that.

Why? Let's be honest, its pure mickey mouse stuff. A cup without top league opposition is not worth aiming for. I've always thought this about this cup, haven't changed my mind about at all.

Mickey mouse stuff yet we have failed to win it two years in a row.

If we go 3 years in a row without winning it, it will be very humiliating. Do you not want to be the only club in the country to win every senior trophy?

We got the job done as expected in the league but the football has been terrible for months now. The last time I can remember us playing in the league was away at Dunfermline the last time and that was at Christmas IIRC? Going undefeated is better than I expected, I thought we would lose a couple of games along the way, but considering the level we are at it's not really something to play up and praise either.

Embarassed in the League Cup & Ramsdens Cup which isn't acceptable. Two attempts at the Ramsdans Cup and we still haven't managed to win it.

Had a fantastic chance in the Scottish Cup. In all honesty I still don't know how we went in losing taht game against Dundee United at half time, but the second half was poor and we went out with a whimper as a result.

Lack of opportunity for youngsters who are standing out every week for the U20 team while guys like Mohsni (became complacent after a couple of months), Daly (looks dead on his feet) and Law (been in horrible form for months now) continue to play regardless of form.

Mixed bag overall and if you had to put a numebr to I'd give it a 6/10.

No from me...the facts read:

2nd highest wage bill in Scottish football - should equate to 2nd best team in scottish football given the gulf in wages we're giving players...even compared to Dundee Utd/Aberdeen - not good enpugh!

Sick of hearing shite about transfer embargo's...backroom board struggles as excuses - not good enough!

McCoist might see himself as the football expert, but ffs - signing Black? Shiels, even Templeton - fair enough if those signings were made this close season then fair enough as championship will be competitive...but if if he signed them on the basis of winning a cup he's failed - pure and simple!

That said...Super will always be a legend at the club - just maybe not as management material

Mickey mouse stuff yet we have failed to win it two years in a row.

If we go 3 years in a row without winning it, it will be very humiliating. Do you not want to be the only club in the country to win every senior trophy?

This competion is a no win scenario. We win..... big deal as we would all probably start saying that we should be beating the competion hands down. We lose...... Look at the vitriol that it has brought to Ally and the players since. Maybe if we played the youth team for this competition, we could all see their development. However, as long as we are playing full team players in this third rate competition then I will continue to be disinterested.

Yes from me, unbeaten in the league shows we have been up for the fight. Cup final an a semi final whilst playing against poor teams week in week out. Its true what they say the better teams you play against the better you become. Next season will see us step up another gear. Be positive gers, I for one cannot wait to pump hearts

Drawing with Albion Rovers at home in the cup was the last straw on my Ally tolerance wagon

Agree mate. That was the first time I thought we needed a change. Raith was worse for me, considering all the build up, win it for the fans etc, then such a lacklusture performance. And we went out with a whimper against scumdee, albeit and improved performance.

Well we did what we set out to do, win the title, but it's been awful stuff to watch and the disappointments in the cups, especially the Ramsdens has been too much to accept it as a successful season. There has been zero forward movement and lots of backward steps.

The Forfar game in the League Cup set the trend and the Ramsdens cup debacle put the tin lid on it. They have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory all season and I blame the management for it, no inspiration from people who should be laden with it. But despite it all I have renewed my season ticket but then that has always been a given. Hopefully somebody will take over that will pass the 'fit and proper person' test and clean the place out with a Christmas tree because it still fuckin needs it. Full of ponces takin plenty out and puttin hee haw in and believing they are doin a great job ! Needs new blood !