Ohh Barry Barry

Would love to see him back in some capacity. We haven't had a player like him since he left. Say what you like about his style of play but he gave everything for Rangers.

Too old to play week in week out but maybe a player coach sort of role? Show these boys what it means to be a Ranger.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monster Much caterer maybe, but if not that, I wouldn't want him back. Far too many ex-players cashing in on the Rangers gravy train, which is exactly what we can't afford at the moment.

If theres a coaching vacancy and he's the best candidate available then fine.

If its another jobs for the old boys thing then no.

For me its about the job a coach or manager can do, not whether they used to play for us

Do you think Neville, Butt and Scholes are the best men for coaching Man U? I think a balance between 'best men for the job' and Rangers men is important.

Poor posts , Barry was a terrific player for the club and sorely missed

Well said m8 ,unfortunately on this forum the board get more respect than legends who wore our shirt .Sure Barry not the sharpest tool in the box and made a few mistakes off the park but on it his achievements must earn him more respect.Not least the fact he mixed it with the best in europe and never looked out of his depth.Has played more european games than any other scot and that in itself earns my respect with him being brought up on kick n rush football.

Poor posts , Barry was a terrific player for the club and sorely missed

No he was a good (above average) player in a terrific team; sadly when the terrific players who surrounded him left we saw him in his true light. We had the "oh he can't play alongside Tugay" followed by 'oh he can't play alongside Arteta'. Funny that both Tugay and Arteta went on to more successful careers in the EPL.

Leave aside his walking out on Rangers twice, perhaps he can resue his career as a journalist.

Well said m8 ,unfortunately on this forum the board get more respect than legends who wore our shirt .Sure Barry not the sharpest tool in the box and made a few mistakes off the park but on it his achievements must earn him more respect.Not least the fact he mixed it with the best in europe and never looked out of his depth.Has played more european games than any other scot and that in itself earns my respect with him being brought up on kick n rush football.

You mean his achievements he said weren't as good as winning the Carling cup?