Another unbeaten league season?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Rangers media, never seen such a negative shower, dont see that lot in the Championship giving us much trouble, a few signings and we will be raring to go, another unbeaten season will set us up for our glorious return to the top table.

I think we should be more concerned about coming 1st or 2nd.

Think hearts will be our main challengers for the title, with QoS and Falkirk being our main contenders for second, and it is very dissapointing having to admit that.

i'd say no. Couple this with the fact that there is the real possibility of no one new coming in despite half a dozen players leaving due to lower season ticket sales I say we will be stuck with last years team.

Players who should win the league at a canter. I just wish all this boardroom guff was sorted out last season so we can go into what looks like our most important season in decades concentrating on football.

The whole "my willy is bigger than yours" antics of the board and supporters groups will have an effect on the game we play though.

I certainly hope it doesnt pan out like this season. By all means get the business done and dusted as early as we can. Then lets try something different and inovative like playing some of the fringe players or even playing players in their prefered positions. Giving some of the youth players a chance as well.

More chance of comedy cat slating Dave King.

You will also get better odds on seeing a UFO landing on the Ibrox centre circle and Lord Lucan riding out of it on Shergar.

You'll even get a better bet on bumping into Bobby Sands in the queue down the chippy.

Seen a few championship games last season. We will definitely drop points. Confident we will still win the league, but won't be easy. Dunfermline were 2nd to us last season, they aren't even close to being championship level.

Cowdenbeath away will be a bloody culture shock for players and fans. Really small pitch, crap playing surface. All the away games will be a lot harder than last two seasons.

Unless the current squad improves the quality of their play or we sign some new players to improve the quality of the squad it will be an achievement to win the title never mind go through the season undefeated.

Last season we were playing butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. Next season we will be playing full time teams who will raise their game against us and are on a par, and in some cases better, than Raith Rovers.

I seriously doubt that Rangers of last season would have got promoted ahead of Dundee and Hamilton.

Next season will not be a walk in the park and none of the club's should be underestimated.

At this point, given the money that has been spent and the two year learning period in the lower leagues, we should be in a great position with a quality squad which is improving at every step but what we have is an overpaid squad that is led by a manager short of ideas and who has shown little in his reading of matches and his ability to make effectual changes when it matters. He also has a coaching team that has not improved the team or individual players in two easy seasons.

I'm looking forward to next season as it promises to be an exciting and competitive league but Rangers are not in a position where we can count our chickens before they hatch.