Kenny Miller Medical Tomorrow

Don54

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the youngsters just aren't good enough? What if the likes of Robbie Crawford and Kane Hemmings just weren't up for playing every week for a team that had to win all of their games?

Everyone always seems to think that a young player with a bit of talent can do it week in week out, but the key to bleeding youngsters into a team is to do it progressively, while they're surrounded by experienced heads to guide them.

Totally agree. This perception that we have missed some golden opportunity in last 2 years is nonsense IMO. We have 3 or 4 good youngsters who may make the grade with the right encouragement, we don't have the Busby babes waiting in the wings. Even if we did discover the next Ronaldo or Messi playing in our U17s, with our current position they would be off to another club as quick as their agent could set it up. Look at the likes of Ness and McCabe, they didn't see it as glorious opportunity to be with us, they were off at first opportunity.

Miller's signing is not ideal but hopefully it should help us back to the top league, we can then build from there when we will a more attractive proposition for better players.

Having said all of the above, Ally really needs to give the few prospects we have more game time next season. IMO, barring injury, Templeton, McLeod, and Aird should be regulars next year. And the fans need to do their part and not slaughter them at every mistake.

If we sign this older player it will be important to know how much it is costing us. If it is not too much then he can do a job and younger pros can learn from him. But our track record recently suggests we're wasting money and getting fairly little in return.

I'd rather see us bringing back a past defender to sit alongside our younger lads, teach them, keep them in line than blow big money on someones retirement plan.

So did Mo Jo, and didn't Miller play for us before he had ever played for Celtic?

Not to get involved in this, but Maurice Johnston was never a Ranger and is certainly still not.

Might have been a footballer but not a Ranger in the sense of what that word means.

A key goal is to win promotion next season (the review document spells out the objecftives for the next 3 seasons). Playing for Rangers in such a vital season as the one coming up would require a blend of team that has enough experience in key areas. Miller knows what sort of pressure to expect in playing for Rangers so I guess its no surprise that Ally would see such a signing as having a lot more positives in the quest for promotion than negatives.

The strategy - it seems - remains to get to the top flight as fast as possible and we'll take it from there. With a team whose core is experience to deal with the pressures. Would not be surprised if a further experienced addition to the strike force takes place.

Have had a few mates text me saying 16k a wk but surely to fuck that is wrong if not then I really despair.

not a snowballs chance in hell are we paying KM that type of money.

5-6k per week is way more realistic.

You won't get me disagreeing with that, my issue is referring to anyone who has taken the papish pound as a 'Ranger'.

Agreed.

He's a money chaser who happened to kiss our badge just like theirs.

He's anything but a 'Ranger'

It's a fucking embarrassment he's back here when he's finished as a footballer.

He should be on the dole with McCoist