Andy Little or Kenny Miller?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither looks to be a long term option though, Miller because he's too old and Little because he's not good enough so in that sense Miller is the better option

Agreed but i still think we are going the wrong way about things. I just cant help thinking of the fantastic opportunity to really give young talent like McKay, Gallagher, Telfer, Stoney and Murdoch a chance to shine in the lower leagues and have a young hungry team with a few solid experienced pros mixed in but instead we have a strike force of Daly and Miller and a Striker turned midfielder at CB instead of a young internationalist like Gasparotto.

Maybe not all the young lads would of amounted to much but we haven't even tried to find out and if the pressure of next season means youth is overlooked yet again just how bad will the first year back competing against the bheasts be? We had a unique chance to change our outlook and build for the future and the pics of Kenny Miller being paraded at Ibrox just remind me how badly we failed.

Miller but, Little was so unlucky last season. Really hate having to say that because Little is a legend for us no matter what anyone says.

Stayed with us when other so called legends didn't.

What young lads are left to learn from Kenny Miller, McCoist has papped them all.

In his 2nd spell at Rangers Miller was terrific, at 35 he is done,

His biggest asset was always his speed and energy, That has gone now.

He has no real physical presence, his touch is poor and other than 1 season he has never been a prolific goal scorer.

This has to be the worse managerial decision in the history of football.

Releasing a 25 year old international who is 3-4 years away from his prime and signing an ex international who is 3 years past his prime is ludicrous.

Clark an Gallagher. 35 does not always equal done.

He might have lost half a step ( genuinely dont know if he has) but even that will be fast enough IMO. He doesn't have to play 90 minutes every game, so energy might not be a huge issue.

Not sure about the worst in football, that will be something we can retrospectively look at AFTER he plays for the year ( maybe two)

IMO Little is half the player, maybe not even as much as half the player, that Miller was. Little contract ran out, and at his age he would be highly unlikely to sign a one year deal. We would have had to give him at least 3 years, and we have no idea of his wage demands.

This is by no means an inspiring signing, but i don't think it's near as bad as some are making out. He isonly here on a one year deal. This gives us time to get the scouting up and running, and look for better players, and really start to play the transfer market. you have to remember that we currently have no scouts, and we are not exactly flush with cash right now.

Also are we really going to moan about kenny miller may be losing a wee bit of pace, when we have had to watch Jon Daly try to run for a year now. KM could probably give Daly a 3 second head start and still beat hi in a 100m race.

Also are we really going to moan about kenny miller may be losing a wee bit of pace, when we have had to watch Jon Daly try to run for a year now. KM could probably give Daly a 3 second head start and still beat hi in a 100m race.

3 seconds?

He could give him 3 days because I doubt big Jon could actually run 100 yards

Kenny Miller looked after his fitness and is considered too old to play in the second division of Scottish football at 34 years of age.

Ryan Giggs looked after his fitness and wasn't considered too old to play in the English premier league at 40 years of age.

The fact is we don't know what Kenny Miller is capable of in terms of fitness, but he sure as fuck is a far better player than Andy Little and a lot fitter and quicker than Jon Daly. :pipe:

I maintain it was a bad decision to let Little go. He was unlucky this year with injury the year before he scored a lot of goals for us.

Even when Little played consistently at the end of the 11-12 season in the top flight he had a good scoring return.

Miller I imagine is the better player (I've not seen him that much since he left us) but we were still wrong to get rid of Little in my opinion (tu)

Better first touch, Little

Most pace, Little now Miller's legs have gone.

I will give Miller his goal scoring better finisher than Little.

Resale value, Little. Miller is money poured down the drain that we just can't afford to do.

Remind me of all the offers we had for Little?

Remind me of all the offers we had for Little?

Did we even try and manage his contract properly so we could get something for him? Knowing Rangers not bloody likely.

Remind me in 2 years what we get for Miller. :lol:

Who wants to put money on a job on the coaching staff for Kenny along side Jig that must be some Friday afternoon 5's side Ally is getting together.

Better first touch, Little Wrong

Most pace, Little now Miller's legs have gone. Wrong

I will give Miller his goal scoring better finisher than Little.

Resale value, Little. Miller is money poured down the drain that we just can't afford to do.

Anyone that understands football would take a look and understand that what Miller has to offer is of significantly greater value than Little ever did or is likely to. I thought Little was decent for us at best and i would have kept him, but Miller offers so much more. The fantasy that his touch is poor is just that, fantasy. He maybe mis-controls once or twice a match, but show me a player that doesn't? That was said once and it's stuck, so every time it happens people who don't observe properly shout "see!".

Miller may have lost half a yard of pace but even that still makes him quicker than most. Anyway, the first yard is in your head, speed of thought, which he has, will see him, and us alright. He's not Ryan Giggs and I'm not comparing him to Giggs, but he's looked after himself and been thoroughly professional in his career. He could easily have another four good years left in him.

You're a Ranger again Kenny. Pull on that blue shirt, give it your all and you'll have my support.

Anyone that understands football would take a look and understand that what Miller has to offer is of significantly greater value than Little ever did or is likely to. I thought Little was decent for us at best and i would have kept him, but Miller offers so much more. The fantasy that his touch is poor is just that, fantasy. He maybe mis-controls once or twice a match, but show me a player that doesn't? That was said once and it's stuck, so every time it happens people who don't observe properly shout "see!".

Miller may have lost half a yard of pace but even that still makes him quicker than most. Anyway, the first yard is in your head, speed of thought, which he has, will see him, and us alright. He's not Ryan Giggs and I'm not comparing him to Giggs, but he's looked after himself and been thoroughly professional in his career. He could easily have another four good years left in him.

You're a Ranger again Kenny. Pull on that blue shirt, give it your all and you'll have my support.

Absence does cloud the judgement it seems, Miller had a crap first touch when he was at his best never mind at the end of his career and the pace that made up for that poor first touch is on the slide as well.

4 years left in him. :lol:

Absence does cloud the judgement it seems, Miller had a crap first touch when he was at his best never mind at the end of his career and the pace that made up for that poor first touch is on the slide as well.

4 years left in him. :lol:

To be fair, I've seen a fair bit of him since he left us. I watch a lot of English football and I recall on more than a few occasions MotD pundits extolling Millers touch, movement and awareness! And it's only a year since his MotM performance against England.

If you keep adopting the confirmation-bias attitude you'll always see it.

We'll agree to differ but we'll discuss again mid-season. (tu)

At cardiff 2 years ago,Millers 1st touch was probably about 2 yards from his body,his pace was non existent,and he scorded 1 goal between Xmas and the end of the season,couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo,oh yeah,he also missed 2 pens in that time.

You wouldn't have seen much of him on MOTD,he had one season there with Derby,prob 5 years ago,and returned,if I remember correctly 3 goals.His touch and finishing at Cardiff were junior league standard

To be fair, I've seen a fair bit of him since he left us. I watch a lot of English football and I recall on more than a few occasions MotD pundits extolling Millers touch, movement and awareness! And it's only a year since his MotM performance against England.

If you keep adopting the confirmation-bias attitude you'll always see it.

We'll agree to differ but we'll discuss again mid-season. (tu)