Murray needs to get a grip if he wants to have a chance of winning this tournament.

Seems he's slipped into his old ways again of reactive tennis instead of being proactive. Sure a cross court pass from 2/3 feet behind the baseline works n looks good against tennis gatekeepers but sadly the reality is it won't get close to the worlds best..

Fuck knows what was going on inside Murrays head tonight as he was just constantly moaning and shouting at every point he lost.

It's certainly the worst I've seen him play in ages but I take nothing away from Anderson, the big man played some sublime tennis and wouldn't of deserved to lose.

He went back to the old days of defending constantly and hoping Anderson would chuck in mistake after mistake.

If he wants to win another grand slam(don't see it) then he needs to find a no nonense coach who will get him attacking rather than defending and stop his stupid mental breakdowns...Ivan are you there?!

I thought Andy actually played pretty well - Anderson was superb throughout though. Its not easy to get on the front foot when 133mph serves keep whistling past your head and Andersons ground strokes were excellent.

I think Andy has some hard thinking to do now re a coach. The simple fact is he hasn't won a slam since he had Lendle.

He went back to the old days of defending constantly and hoping Anderson would chuck in mistake after mistake.

If he wants to win another grand slam(don't see it) then he needs to find a no nonense coach who will get him attacking rather than defending and stop his stupid mental breakdowns...Ivan are you there?!

:lol:

Anderson was firing winners left, right and centre and played the game of his life against a superior player (see Darcis, Rosol, Stahkovsky, Brown etc)

I don't understand how you think Murray could attack the serve any better than he did. Some of the volleying from Anderson was out of this world as well.

Well that's not what I expected to hear upon landing in Glasgow...sounds like Andy was absolutely awful though!

Also 81 winners and 25 aces...ridiculous stats from Andersen.

He played pretty well. Think of the way Rosol hit winners when he beat Nadal and you've got Anderson last night.

Sometimes there's not a lot you can do.

Check the stats.

Murray didn't play badly and Anderson played out of his skin!

He's had the DC semi final in the back of his mind for a while now and I think its affected him here. Didn't have the same intensity from the start of the tournament

Will see him back to his best against the Aussies