He played pretty well. Think of the way Rosol hit winners when he beat Nadal and you've got Anderson last night.

Sometimes there's not a lot you can do.

Fair comment...as I say I didn't see the match just those Andersen stats...ridiculous to be honest.

Interestingly enough big Kev has won the last 4 matches against Stan Wawrinka I believe.

:lol:

Anderson was firing winners left, right and centre and played the game of his life against a superior player (see Darcis, Rosol, Stahkovsky, Brown etc)

I don't understand how you think Murray could attack the serve any better than he did. Some of the volleying from Anderson was out of this world as well.

He was firing winners but much of that was because Murray has no sting on his forehand, as the commentators were saying its the slowest he has

hit his forehands throughout the year so Anderson could tee off on them. When Murray actually attacked him he won the point but when he let the rally run on

Anderson took control hence him running far more throughout the match.

Add to that his serving was the worst Ive seen it for a while, 2nd serve was being punished every time.

In my opinion he is still far too passive and gets punished against the heavy hitting guys e.g Anderson

Add to that his serving was the worst Ive seen it for a while, 2nd serve was being punished every time.

86/109 (79%)

1st serve points won

66/87 (76%)

26/62 (42%)

2nd serve points won

27/61 (44%)

Winners

Unforced errors

Murray actually won a better percentage of points on his 2nd serve.

The damage was done on Anderson's first serve... it was almost impossible to read and get back so relax a little

86/109 (79%)

1st serve points won

66/87 (76%)

26/62 (42%)

2nd serve points won

27/61 (44%)

Winners

Unforced errors

The damage was done on Anderson's first serve... it was almost impossible to read and get back so relax a little

Im relaxed man.

His second serve is probably the weakest in the top 10 in my opinion and costs him games/matches.

86/109 (79%)

1st serve points won

66/87 (76%)

26/62 (42%)

2nd serve points won

27/61 (44%)

Winners

Unforced errors

He probably won more on his 2nd serve because his 1st serve was absolute wank, the amount of times he hits the net with his 1st serve is frustrating as fuck.

I hope Federer wins but don't see him beating Djok in a 5 set match if he beats Cillic whos basically stayed under the radar the whole tournament again.

Lendl didn't want to spend the time required to be Murray's coach.

I agree.. This is now in the past.

I'd like Courier personally if iy doesn't work out with Bjorkman.

He's had a very solid season.. Probably one of his best really.

1 slam final, 2 slam semis, ( one the French against Novak in a 5 set thriller) and a close 4th round loss against Anderson in the US.

Winning on clay in masters, finals in hard courts in masters, winning queens, carrying team GB in Davis Cup, I think he has nothing to be ashamed of.

We all know his strengths and weaknesses.. I don't think hiring Lendl again will guarantee a slam.

It's consistency on serve and not folding mentally when not on his game that will see him through.

Fed, as has been mentioned on here, served probably as good as, or if not better than he ever has at Wimbledon against him, and Fed even said he was surprised as he rates Murray and Novak as a couple of the best returners ever, then Anderson just caught lightening the other night.

Murray hates Armstong, that and a sublime perfance from Anderson doesn't mean phone Ivan.

I still think his target is the Australian.

It is hotting up nicely.

Andy and Nadal are the two who are struggling for similar reasons.

They have had injury and both their games are very physical. Yes they have lost it mentally a bit too but that comes with play and form.

This is tennis. Any of those top 50 players can turn it on in a streak match and go for broke.

Andy and Nadal are like those boxers who have had to fight rather than box. That can catch up. Still, Andy has done tremendous, even if he never wins another Slam. I mean, Roger is the Sugar Ray Leonard of tennis .

I would like Roger to get this Slam. Will it just go with seeding now? Anyone could pull something out now though........all Slam winners. It's on the day.

It is hotting up nicely.

Andy and Nadal are the two who are struggling for similar reasons.

They have had injury and both their games are very physical. Yes they have lost it mentally a bit too but that comes with play and form.

This is tennis. Any of those top 50 players can turn it on in a streak match and go for broke.

Andy and Nadal are like those boxers who have had to fight rather than box. That can catch up. Still, Andy has done tremendous, even if he never wins another Slam. I mean, Roger is the Sugar Ray Leonard of tennis .

I would like Roger to get this Slam. Will it just go with seeding now? Anyone could pull something out now though........all Slam winners. It's on the day.

there's not much of this post I agree with. Andy has a couple of masters 1000's under his belt and beat Djokovic in one final. He has got to the Australia open , French semi, Wimbledon semi while Nadal has done nothing. Lost it mentally? He lost to Anderson having the game of his life on a court andy hates.

There is no comparison between Murray and Nadal this year.

Injury is the comparison. Andy has climbed a mountain to get back. Nadal is climbing his too. The latter has lost to some of the best tennis you will see in majors ever......from lower players. My comparison is not on their form this year. You only need look at their rankings and seeding to see that.

Andy is not winning Slams. He is still short of something when it comes crunch in them.

Mentally not as tough as his Wimbledon Slam period. That was the best mentally and attitude wise I have seen him. That comes with form too.

Things just moved on for Nadal and Murray while they were out. Others won Slams and broke through. Djo and Roger even upped their game.

Andy has not quite got the steam again yet to take Djo in a Slam. Forget Masters titles.......it's Slam time!

The achievement for Roger is fantastic. I don't know about the elderly thing. He is playing peak tennis not elderly tennis.

Serving as well as ever. Moving as well too and getting to finals. Of course DJO is favourite but will still need to play top top tennis.

If he doesn't, then King Roger could get that slam. Surely we are all rooting for him?

I am delighted for the 32 yr old Italian girl. Serena still great but seems to be involved in so many 3 set matches now. She will get another Slam but the Grand Slam is getting out of reach now.

Not a bad record for Italian women now with little Shiavone bagging a French at a late age too.

The achievement for Roger is fantastic. I don't know about the elderly thing. He is playing peak tennis not elderly tennis.

Serving as well as ever. Moving as well too and getting to finals. Of course DJO is favourite but will still need to play top top tennis.

If he doesn't, then King Roger could get that slam. Surely we are all rooting for him?

I am delighted for the 32 yr old Italian girl. Serena still great but seems to be involved in so many 3 set matches now. She will get another Slam but the Grand Slam is getting out of reach now.

Not a bad record for Italian women now with little Shiavone bagging a French at a late age too.

'Peak tennis'

No he isn't

Peak tennis against Andy at Wimbledon. Is he serving as well as he did? Is he hitting and moving as well as he did? I would say yes. He is winning the big points and he hits as many winners. I don't see any signs of tiring either. He has just demolished a recent double Slam winner in a semi. Only one of the other "greats" is beating Roger to Slams atm. If Serena Williams at 32 is still playing peak( recent slams prove it) why would Roger not still be able to produce at the same age. Serena is playing her same tennis but has not got a Djo to compete with........another "great). She has had it easier with demise of The Belgians.

If Roger was not still playing peak, he would not be charging to Slam finals past Andy and Stan, like they weren't there.

Unless you are saying that a 28yr old Roger could never lose to this 28yr old Djo? I don't believe that. This tennis that Djo plays combined with the movement and athleticism could match or better anyone. Roger is best "tennis player" ever. He is also a heck of an athlete. That's why he can still play his peak standard. I honestly think that if he thought he could not do that, he would quit.

Serena Williams.What a bullshitter. " I have told you press guys, i never feel fear on court".

She froze, she blew it. The best chance in 30 yrs to get a Grand Slam and it got to her. In a US open with the talented but inconsistent Simona Halep at no 2 seed? Womens tennis was quite weak this US open. She is deflecting and it got to her so bad that she walked out of press.