The ultimate nearly men...

GOAT

I even remember huge paper talk at one time about Klinsman. Maybe Batistuta too? Not sure about that one. There's probably a million others. The thing is, they were viable targets (just about) back then, purely in terms of our financial capability.

Spoke to Richard Gough last year in San Francisco he said when he transferred from Spurs to Rangers Rangers were the highest paying club in the UK at that time, oh how times have changed.

Spoke to Richard Gough last year in San Francisco he said when he transferred from Spurs to Rangers Rangers were the highest paying club in the UK at that time, oh how times have changed.

Did you? He mention anything about his plan ?

Guys we nearly signed, and never. When you think back, you could actually cry. :lol:

Messi

Missed that one, was that before he went to Barcelona? 13 or 14 I think he went there, they paid £1200 per month for growth hormone injections as well.

Missed that one, was that before he went to Barcelona? 13 or 14 I think he went there, they paid £1200 per month for growth hormone injections as well.

I think it was 2004 we were linked with him, well before his debut.

McLeish tried to sign him on loan.