Mo Edu on Rangers

delamonty

Watching a show on TV last night about the US of A's road to the World Cup. Interviewed Edu who basically said that one of the reasons he left Rangers was because of racial abuse from 1 supporter as he left Ibrox in his car. Damaged our brand no doubt.

He never mentioned the fantastic support offered him throughout his years here. Yes he was a shite player(mostly)... but the vast majority of us supported him because he was a Rangers player.

ffs. One supporter and he brings that up in an interview probably seens by millions of Americans? I'm sorry he was abused by some idiot. But he should realise we're not all like that.

Thanks Maurice. Great injury time winner vs the scum etc.. but engage your brain before you speak!

TV companies have a habit of editing out all but the most incendiary of comments from these interviews. I'm sad he bothered to mention an isolated, atypical incident, but wouldn't assume he said nothing nice about us at all.

Watching a show on TV last night about the US of A's road to the World Cup. Interviewed Edu who basically said that one of the reasons he left Rangers was because of racial abuse from 1 supporter as he left Ibrox in his car. Damaged our brand no doubt.

He never mentioned the fantastic support offered him throughout his years here. Yes he was a shite player(mostly)... but the vast majority of us supported him because he was a Rangers player.

ffs. One supporter and he brings that up in an interview probably seens by millions of Americans? I'm sorry he was abused by some idiot. But he should realise we're not all like that.

Thanks Maurice. Great injury time winner vs the scum etc.. but engage your brain before you speak!

Disappointed in him for this. To slander our club and support because of the actions of one racist fuckwit is just wrong. I'd be willing to bet if it had been said with other fans about they would have told the culprit to fuck off there and then. I would.

He was asked what the reasons were for leaving, right? And that was something that was on his mind. Fair enough. I'm sure if you asked him about his positive experiences he would have a few of those too. Certainly he always seems to have time for Rangers fans on Twitter, even to this day. He also honoured his contract, unlike certain others we all know and don't need to name.

i can't condone the incident regardless of where the allegiances of the moron who did it are, but Maurice is a well travelled man and must realise there are idiots like that all over the world, in every place, and I would have hoped he would have the good sense to realise that the huge majority of the Rangers fans would have no truck with racism either.

If that is one of the main reasons he left, its a shame as he was in a better position to confront and prevent it rather than run away from it. Maybe wee Diouffy should have a word with him.

Load of shite. He leaves because of one clown and one bad comment...nah not buying that. Merely hiding the fact he was shite and left for more money elsewhere.

Professional footballers regretfully get abuse every day in life. One comment from one alleged fan makes you leave a club...absolute shite.

If that was the case footballers would be swapping clubs every week.

It isn't just one supporter though, it is numerous supporters.

Be it calling a player a n***er, or Daly a Fenian, it is still aggressive abuse towards players. I have heard it at home, and also at away games, where one instance I turned round to see who was consistently call peralta a n***er not even 5 mins into the game, and then got a use myself from the person.

It seems he doesn't believe what he was saying enough to continue the tirade once the police made their way around the stadium, and finally got to the area we were standing in. Sure Daly scored as well that day, didn't stop the abuse though.

I liked Edu. I know that may go against the grain here , but he put a lot of effort in. No matter where the ball was , he was always alongside to support whoever had it.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was taken out of context because he always spoke well of his time here.

I liked Edu. I know that may go against the grain here , but he put a lot of effort in. No matter where the ball was , he was always alongside to support whoever had it.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was taken out of context because he always spoke well of his time here.

His work rate could not be questioned, his technical ability could. He always tried to get into space or in to help people out, but just one of these guys where our play style.just didn't suit to the best of his abilities.

Which show was that? He's been pretty complimentary in other interviews about his time here.

I can't understand why it is Edu that's getting criticised for been racially abused. Any person who racially abuses anyone else is scum through and through no matter what team he\she supports. I met Edu when he came up to visit the wee guy at Yorkhill and I can only say he was fantastic.

This (tu) or all the good things he said edited out as the other poster said. I don't believe Mo would just say that about his time here and nothing elsem