21,000 ST Renewed (updated)

one55

It sickens me to see people online taking some kind of victory in this....."look we are in the majority not renewing"......it's pathetic. The damage done to our club by alleged fans is disgusting!

And then with no sense of irony will slate the club for not spending our securing the clubs future.....

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the announcement we were arguing about how many renewed, do we really want to start arguing about why some did or didn't renew?

The board should find out and sort it FFS.

What can the board do to satisfy these alleged fans though? They are bringing our costs under control, have laid out a plan to improve scouting etc, have offered to create a fan board and membership scheme.....what can they actually do? Whilst me king hides away the question is what is the plan?

I was stuck between two places when it came to renewing. One was the expense of buying 4 tickets the other was the dire football on offer, so, somewhat reluctantly I let my tickets slide. Been gnawing away at me for the past few weeks , thinking of family members no longer with us who set me on this path. More important to me than the Board the uof, sos, Mccoists failings as a manager... The fact that I am one of The Chosen. Went to ticket office yesterday morning and renewed. Watp

I've renewed. However 17k bearing in mind the statement previously which suggested 20k (before the public sale) is quite poor. The thing which annoys me about this current board is releasing statements which are not true as they will always come back to haunt you. Well done to all who have renewed though.

What can the board do to satisfy these alleged fans though? They are bringing our costs under control, have laid out a plan to improve scouting etc, have offered to create a fan board and membership scheme.....what can they actually do? Whilst me king hides away the question is what is the plan?

I don't know, but finding out why they didn't renew has to be the first step. They can't just throw their hands in the air and say "oh well we tried"

For arguments sake lets say it is a 50% reduction, that is unprecedented and has to be addressed IMO. It's not as if they have chose to support another club.

(tu)

let me try to make a bit of sense - 17000 renewals plus what 10000 public??? = 27000k

and no need for short term investment/loans etc???

so what the fuck happened to the cash from the other 10 -12 thousand sold over the last couple of years (retorical question, think we all know)

I don't know, could you tell me?

Some supporters need to wake up .this board have lost 20000 season ticket holders. You lot must have massive faith in what they are doing to be excusing that.More have not renewed than have.

THis is actually not the case.

At the end of renewals last year we had sold 30k ST. so we are 13k short ( not 20k)

and 17k from 30k is more than half, so the other part of your sentence is wrong too.

(tu)

Blame McCoist for that

and no, its a disgrace so called fans chose not to renew on the word of King and Gough.

wait WHAT?

How the hell can Ally be blamed for there being no scouting system in place, just how is that even possible?

I've not renewed yet, nothing to do with the boardroom pish because I lost interest in that months ago.

An atrocious style of football, a clueless manager in the dugout and poor signings are the key factors for not renewing yet, I may do so soon though but I'm currently 50 - 50.

I've not renewed yet, nothing to do with the boardroom pish because I lost interest in that months ago.

An atrocious style of football, a clueless manager in the dugout and poor signings are the key factors for not renewing yet, I may do so soon though but I'm currently 50 - 50.

There will be others like you, many of them. Anyone claiming all non-renewals are for one reason are mentalists, likewise anyone claiming to know what proportion are for what reason.

I hope you, and all others who are undecided, end up renewing. Hopefully those who are determined not to renew in order to try to force change realise when (if?) it becomes clear it won't work, and renew because Rangers are more important than squabbling.

There will be others like you, many of them. Anyone claiming all non-renewals are for one reason are mentalists, likewise anyone claiming to know what proportion are for what reason.

I hope you, and all others who are undecided, end up renewing. Hopefully those who are determined not to renew in order to try to force change realise when (if?) it becomes clear it won't work, and renew because Rangers are more important than squabbling.

Aye true, there will be a variety of reasons for people not renewing.

But for those specifically not renewing or being undecided for footballing reasons, signing the likes of Darren McGregor and Kenny Miller and handing a new contract to Kyle Hutton just isn't appealing. Well that's just my opinion I suppose but I wouldn't be surprised if many others agreed.

I don't see much (if any) change coming on the park in terms of style of play which just isn't going to cut the mustard especially against a higher level of opposition and more full time teams.

Games against Hearts & Hibs are appealing but I'm resigned to expecting plenty of dull performances unfortunately.

Aye true, there will be a variety of reasons for people not renewing.

But for those specifically not renewing or being undecided for footballing reasons, signing the likes of Darren McGregor and Kenny Miller and handing a new contract to Kyle Hutton just isn't appealing. Well that's just my opinion I suppose but I wouldn't be surprised if many others agreed.

I don't see much (if any) change coming on the park in terms of style of play which just isn't going to cut the mustard especially against a higher level of opposition and more full time teams.

Games against Hearts & Hibs are appealing but I'm resigned to expecting plenty of dull performances unfortunately.

We're all resigned to that, sadly. I can't see it changing much while current management and budgets are in place. Hopefully some increased excitement this year from bigger games and the prospect of returning to the top league should balance some of the drudgery out...

THis is actually not the case.

At the end of renewals last year we had sold 30k ST. so we are 13k short ( not 20k)

and 17k from 30k is more than half, so the other part of your sentence is wrong too.

(tu)

don't agree mate.

why would you not take it from the last total when counting?

Why not count the other 9000 who all had a season ticket last year and choose not to renew? They have lost 22000 on last years total of 39000 sold. The only number to deem loss by is the total available.

I wasn't comparing to this time last year as the renewal dates don't match. Renewals are done not still going so they have lost 22000 season tickets from last years sale. That's 22000 fans who had the oppertunity but refused. 22000 who paid last year to go but who have not made the same purchase this year.

It would only be 13000 and worked on this time last year if that 30000 where the only ones able to renew. They where not, the total able to renew was 39000. The only reason to count from this time last season is to judge whether the amount not renewing is typical.

don't agree mate.

why would you not take it from the last total when counting?

Why not count the other 9000 who all had a season ticket last year and choose not to renew? They have lost 22000 on last years total of 39000 sold. The only number to deem loss by is the total available.

I wasn't comparing to this time last year as the renewal dates don't match. Renewals are done not still going so they have lost 22000 season tickets from last years sale. That's 22000 fans who had the oppertunity but refused. 22000 who paid last year to go but who have not made the same purchase this year.

It would only be 13000 and worked on this time last year if that 30000 where the only ones able to renew. They where not, the total able to renew was 39000. The only reason to count from this time last season is to judge whether the amount not renewing is typical.

Why do feel the need to write something as long as War and Peace everytime you post.

Why do feel the need to write something as long as War and Peace everytime you post.

because when I do short posts they say its bullshit and don't understand what I mean, when I explain the reason it stops the next 5 posts of that's shite hindering. constructive debate.

Not very good at explaining my reasoning in terms that can be fully understood.

Sorry if it annoys you but you can hit ignore.

Went yesterday and got 4 tickets for family in Copland Front, fkng great seats yasssssss been trying to get transfer into there for years and finally got away from the loon tune in GF who shouts the most irrelevant and ridiculous shit you will ever hear. Bring on the Championship..... COPy ROAD LOYAL :7325::party::7325:

snapback.pngsmell the glove, on 13 June 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

It is an utter disgrace that this board has lost half our seasons ticket holders from the last two seasons and still have no scouting system in place.

Not fit for purpose.

Blame McCoist for that

How do you work that out?

Did McCoist knock back the offer of a scouting system when Wallace asked him (hard to imagine)?

Or has Wallace not put the wheels in motion for one and therefore ultimately not doing what he said he would from his long drawn out review which confirmed what we already knew anyway; i.e we have no scouting system and need one (its not hard to start one up I would imagine).

As far as I can tell, the same people not renewing are the same ones moaning their box off about quality of signings and quality of football. What do you expect if you deprive the club of revenue?

Giving McCoist more money to spend will make no difference he will waste it like he has done so far.