Luis Suarez

Been reading a bit of that rawk forum there. Half of them seem to think they are doing this to punish liverpool, do they not realize only way to punish is to keep him away from football. Should be angry at Suarez not Fifa!

RAWK is well known for their delusional view of the world, very well known, they are basically a running joke.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy words from Chiellini...

Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini - the player bitten by Luis Suarez - says he believes the punishment given to the Uruguay striker is "excessive".

Suarez has been given a nine-match international ban, as well as four-suspension from all football, meaning he can no longer be in contact with the Uruguay squad.

"I have always considered unequivocal the disciplinary interventions by the competent bodies, but at the same time I believe that the proposed formula is excessive," said Chiellini.

"I sincerely hope that he will be allowed, at least, to stay close to his team-mates during the games because such a ban is really alienating for a player."

Chiellini, who was involved in the incident with Suarez during the 1-0 win that sent Uruguay through to the last 16 and put Italy out, has released a statement on his website.

"Now inside me there's no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Suarez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that's done," he said.

"There only remains the anger and the disappointment about the match. At the moment my only thought is for Luis and his family, because they will face a very difficult period."

From BBC Website.

Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini - the player bitten by Luis Suarez - says he believes the punishment given to the Uruguay striker is "excessive".

Suarez has been given a nine-match international ban, as well as four-suspension from all football, meaning he can no longer be in contact with the Uruguay squad.

"I have always considered unequivocal the disciplinary interventions by the competent bodies, but at the same time I believe that the proposed formula is excessive," said Chiellini.

"I sincerely hope that he will be allowed, at least, to stay close to his team-mates during the games because such a ban is really alienating for a player."

Chiellini, who was involved in the incident with Suarez during the 1-0 win that sent Uruguay through to the last 16 and put Italy out, has released a statement on his website.

"Now inside me there's no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Suarez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that's done," he said.

"There only remains the anger and the disappointment about the match. At the moment my only thought is for Luis and his family, because they will face a very difficult period."

From BBC Website.

Fairly gracious considering Uruguay were basically trying to blame Chiellini for getting bitten :lol:

From BBC Website.

He's probably worried about being targeted by one of Suarez's nuttier fans.

From BBC Website.

Spot the difference in the level of class shown from him compared to everything that's came out of the Uruguay camp.

Having reviewed the full report of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, FIFPro is aware of the positions taken by the respective parties in the case relating to Luis Suarez.

FIFPro stands by the principle of fair play and the importance of upholding the duty of care each player owes his fellow professional. FIFPro reminds all players it represents across the world of the responsibility they carry as role models, a privilege which is magnified at World Cup level.

With his case subject to appeal, Luis Suarez has the right to due process. FIFPro believes all affected parties may benefit with time to remove the emotion, reflect and re-establish the facts in a calm and considered setting.

This is a very serious matter, as reflected by the sanctions imposed by FIFA's Disciplinary Committee. The sanction will be reviewed and FIFA will have to focus especially on the accumulation of sanctions including a four-month ban from all football activity.

The fact that Suarez is prohibited from working for a long period must be addressed as it directly infringes his right to work. Also the fact that Liverpool FC is affected needs to be an important issue.

Luis Suarez should receive all the support he needs to deal with any off-field issues he may be experiencing at this time. This means that the focus should be on the rehabilitation and serious treatment of the player. FIFPro believes that treatment must be a part of any sanction.

Luis Suarez deserves all the support he needs including legal support in the appeal case in order to achieve a reduction of the sanctions.

All affected parties will benefit from a well-advised decision especially when done in the interests of ensuring that he makes a successful return to the game.

http://www.fifpro.org/suarez-fair-solution-is-still-possible.html

Having reviewed the full report of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, FIFPro is aware of the positions taken by the respective parties in the case relating to Luis Suarez.

FIFPro stands by the principle of fair play and the importance of upholding the duty of care each player owes his fellow professional. FIFPro reminds all players it represents across the world of the responsibility they carry as role models, a privilege which is magnified at World Cup level.

With his case subject to appeal, Luis Suarez has the right to due process. FIFPro believes all affected parties may benefit with time to remove the emotion, reflect and re-establish the facts in a calm and considered setting.

This is a very serious matter, as reflected by the sanctions imposed by FIFA's Disciplinary Committee. The sanction will be reviewed and FIFA will have to focus especially on the accumulation of sanctions including a four-month ban from all football activity.

The fact that Suarez is prohibited from working for a long period must be addressed as it directly infringes his right to work. Also the fact that Liverpool FC is affected needs to be an important issue.

Luis Suarez should receive all the support he needs to deal with any off-field issues he may be experiencing at this time. This means that the focus should be on the rehabilitation and serious treatment of the player. FIFPro believes that treatment must be a part of any sanction.

Luis Suarez deserves all the support he needs including legal support in the appeal case in order to achieve a reduction of the sanctions.

All affected parties will benefit from a well-advised decision especially when done in the interests of ensuring that he makes a successful return to the game.

http://www.fifpro.or...l-possible.html

What a load of pish. Suarez is a menace. More than that, he's a menace who's had two bans in the last four years for biting other players. He can count himself very lucky to only be getting a four month ban and, compared to his salary level, a derisory fine.

What has become even more outrageous is the support he is receiving. He is an animal. A scum bag. Yet, in the last 2 days, he is being portrayed as a victim by so many. People are resigning in protest over a lenient ban on a man who has bitten 3 individual opponents. Those who would defend him in such a way are just as deserving of contempt, in my opinion.