*** The Official Rangers TV Technical Issues Discussion Page

govanblue

I don't know if this will work or not, but I thought it would be an idea to keep all the Rangers TV - pre-match technical issues in one thread, to save the same issues being discussed in the match thread.

We can then email the thread link to support@rangerstv.tv and if they are able to have a look at the thread, they may find that more helpful than dealing with a barrage of emails. I dunno, but no harm in trying.

Also a good idea to collate all the technical tips we've learned in our occasional technically-challenging Rangers TV issues.

So, to start things off.

All existing Rangers TV subscribers get today's game (v Brora Rangers) free of charge. That means if you already pay for the £5 a month standard package, or anything higher than that, or sign up for it today, then you get to watch the game live today, then after midnight, you can rewatch it whenever you want.

If you don't currently subscribe, and want to watch the game today it will cost you £6 I think - can someone confirm?

That seems a pretty daft option for anyone here to take,because for only £5 you can sign up for a month, watch the game, then watch as much of the huge quantity of excellent content as you can squeeze into in a month, and then cancel before the next month's payment is due. no questions asked and no hidden charges. Or if you like it, continue to pay £5 a month for as long as you like it.

Top Tip:

If you are an existing Rangers TV subscriber - why not log on now, and check that you can access your account ok. Maybe click play on a random AS-Live game, just to make sure you can play the normal archived content ok. That way you won't get a nasty surprise at 3:01pm when it asks you if you want to buy it now. (tu)

Tried emailing them with this but I'll post it in here too:

Do season ticket holders get RTV for free? Was told this when renewing at the ticket office but can't find the option to activate an account on the site (only monthly, annual subscriptions etc)?

Do season ticket holders get RTV for free? Was told this when renewing at the ticket office but can't find the option to activate an account on the site (only monthly, annual subscriptions etc)?

No mate, not to my knowledge. Unless it's a promotional deal for a select audience that I've not heard of.

Also: I hope not, because that would be a potential £1.8 million in lost revenue. :pipe:

I take that back.

One month free...

http://www.rangerstv...asontickets.php

Edit: I take that back-taking back - apparently that offer was Last Season.

You get 1 month free and should have a voucher code emailed to you

--------------------------------------------------------------

Free one month subscription to RangersTV

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. Free subscription valid for one month from date of voucher code redemption

2. Offer applies to Standard package only

3. You must provide a valid email address at time of renewal. Season ticket holders will be emailed under separate cover with voucher code

4. Offer is only available to season ticket holders and is non transferable

5. For RangersTV.tv technical and support enquiries, contact support@rangerstv.tv

c'mon gb....keep up to date

No mate, not to my knowledge. Unless it's a promotional deal for a select audience that I've not heard of.

Also: I hope not, because that would be a potential £1.8 million in lost revenue. :pipe:

Cheers for the reply, they got back to me there - was just a free sample month they were offering last season!

Usual from the ticket office :belm2:

i signed up on thursday so i could watch these two games. they never took my £5 and now i can't watch any of the programmes. for some reason my payment never went through so they've took my access away. fair enough but it's awfully strange they didn't take my money! i need to resubscribe to watch todays game.

Cheers for the reply, they got back to me there - was just a free sample month they were offering last season!

Usual from the ticket office :belm2:

You get 1 month free and should have a voucher code emailed to you

c'mon gb....keep up to date

:lol: They couldn't hit an elephant from that dist...

i signed up on thursday so i could watch these two games. they never took my £5 and now i can't watch any of the programmes. for some reason my payment never went through so they've took my access away. fair enough but it's awfully strange they didn't take my money! i need to resubscribe to watch todays game.

It's a crappy payment model they use, and it's not connected to the normal Rangers payment systems, so these kind of problems do happen from time to time, but are usually resolved quickly when the support team find out. It happened to me too, but all ended well.

It's a crappy payment model they use, and it's not connected to the normal Rangers payment systems.

it really is. they never took my money and yet i've managed to watch not only the buckie thistle game but also some games from last season and a load of the interviews and such. they should really charge straight away before you even get access to the library. it needs sorting out! this could be exploited by some people.

now i'm away to subscribe again!

I've got the £12 per month subscription but it's asking me to buy the game today. I tried watching a game from last season and it's working fine :(

don't worry, it'll do that. if you can watch archived matches, interviews an all that then you don't need to worry. also check under your account it should show your £12 package. when the game goes live the match page will load the video player. no need to worry :)

I've got the £12 per month subscription but it's asking me to buy the game today. I tried watching a game from last season and it's working fine :(

don't worry, it'll do that. if you can watch archived matches, interviews an all that then you don't need to worry. also check under your account it should show your £12 package. when the game goes live the match page will load the video player. no need to worry :)

That's a better answer. one55 actually read your post properly. :D

cheers mate

On the "watch the game" page...

http://www.rangerstv...13110&act=watch

you will see the club badges until the stream goes live (2:55pm).

brorarangers_200.jpgVReadyCrest_200.jpg

After 2:55pm, if you don't see the game automatically, click refresh (f5)

If you still don't get the game, check this thread to see if others have got it yet.

On the "watch the game" page...

http://www.rangerstv...13110&act=watch

you will see the club badges until the stream goes live (2:55pm).

brorarangers_200.jpgVReadyCrest_200.jpg

After 2:55pm, if you don't see the game automatically, click refresh (f5)

If you still don't get the game, check this thread to see if others have got it yet.

It's live already. We're out warming up wearing the white/red/blue top :) Quite taken a liking to that top. might have to pick it up soon.

Don't worry about there being no sound. It will come on when the match is about to start.

Anyone any idea how to connect a laptop to a TV screen so we can watch the game? What cables you need?

If your laptop has HDMI out and your tv has HDMI in then you should have no problems setting it up. just plug in your HDMI cable right click your mouse/trackpad and select Graphics Options, Output to digital television. this is the same for Windows Vista,7,8,8.1. hope that helps

If you dont have HDMI out on your laptop you may have VGA but you would need VGA on your tv too. go through my steps as above but with VGA. hope this isn't overly confusing.

It's live already. We're out warming up wearing the white/red/blue top :) Quite taken a liking to that top. might have to pick it up soon.

Don't worry about there being no sound. It will come on when the match is about to start.

:lol: So it is. No sound, so I didn't notice.