Sandy Jardine Stand

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clearly a great gesture to name a stand after Sandy, however, I feel a different tribute would be more fitting. We do only have four stands and as the club moves forward some will contribute as much, or more, to the club than Sandy. Arguably, some already have. How should they be remembered and recognised? We have the Bill Struth Main Stand and now the Govan has been renamed. Will we only have two more people worthy of such an honour? I don't think so. At Old Trafford there are statues of Law, Best and Charlton - a similar tribute would, imo, would be better.

It's clearly a great gesture to name a stand after Sandy, however, I feel a different tribute would be more fitting. We do only have four stands and as the club moves forward some will contribute as much, or more, to the club than Sandy. Arguably, some already have. How should they be remembered and recognised? We have the Bill Struth Main Stand and now the Govan has been renamed. Will we only have two more people worthy of such an honour? I don't think so. At Old Trafford there are statues of Law, Best and Charlton - a similar tribute would, imo, would be better.

Sandy was a rock during our troubled times, more than many Club Legends who argubaly have contributed more yet stayed mute. Well deserved in my opinon.

Costs nothing to rename the stand but i do get your point and something that is always available going forward.

Ive always liked the idea of a walk of fame around the stadium similar to hollywood stars on the ground.

It could be a source of fresh income in a similar way to the brick names but in this case each slab on the walkway had a different great ranger with the supporters names underneath who have paid to be on said "star"

Imo it would have fitted into the tour and walkway to a rangers museum.

Not sure about statues but I completely agree with your point.