BBC at it again? Yes or No?

Apparently this appeared on a BBC sketch as part of a meeting in the City Chambers discussing the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.

Is it a typical dig from one of them?

Or, could it be one of us having a go a Glasgow City Council bias?

2laattx.jpg

jp8o77.jpg

Do we know of any bias among those on the credits for it?

Susan Calman ... Host / Presenter

Mark Nelson ... Host / Presenter

James Kirk ... Ensemble (Various Roles)

Gabriel Quigley ... Ensemble (Various Roles)

Paul McCole ... Ensemble (Various Roles)

Sally Reid ... Ensemble (Various Roles)

Arron Usher ... Ensemble (Various Roles)

Writing Team

Susan Calman ... Writer

Steven Dick ... Writer

James Kirk ... Writer

Mark Nelson ... Writer

Production Team

Ian Curtis ... Director

I don't want to jump the gun on this one, as it's potentially ambiguous. Any thoughts?

I think its just a joke and we should leave it at that

You know, my feeling is it's one of us mocking GCC.

I would actually like to see the sketch to judge it fairly. Not often I say that about BBC Scotland comedy.

I'm guessing from the suggested context that it's the council being mocked here.

FF are on the "agenda" agenda, which is actually quite a good name for them of late.

Apparently this appeared on a BBC sketch as part of a meeting in the City Chambers discussing the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.

2laattx.jpg

jp8o77.jpg

I don't want to jump the gun on this one, as it's potentially ambiguous. Any thoughts?

It was a comedy sketch!!!

However, I think the person who made that up must be a bear. Who would argue that some in gcc would really want this to happen.

My point about not jumping the gun appears to be missed, which is ironic, as a few appear to have jumped the gun on my thoughts regarding this.

Lol. Apologies Oleg my point wasn't necessarily directed at you.

I do think it was more of a dig at gcc though

Lol. Apologies Oleg my point wasn't necessarily directed at you.

I do think it was more of a dig at gcc though

No probs. Saw it on Follow Follow and they were mainly in the "typical BBC" frame of mind.

I wanted a perspective, because I felt they'd jumped the gun a bit.

I genuinely think its poking fun at the council and us in equal measures. We say the council is full of tims and then the council as has been shown does have a few earls in the place.

To get worked up at this is quite pathetic (not you oleg). There used to be a time we could laugh at ourselves. Now we just want to be permanently offended.

Some folk were getting worked up at only an excuse ffs :lol:

Here's the show. It's on just after 6:00.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04b6xpx/dont-drop-the-baton-episode-1

It doesn't really feature much, but the context is a sketch mocking the council, as expected, so I still think it's more a dig at the council.

I think FF have gone off on one, almost on auto-pilot.

2laattx.jpg

jp8o77.jpg

I don't know about bias against us but , Paul McCole followed Scum , fc news and scum etc and Anita Vettesse

200.gif

Just like Hugh Dallas comedy email. Funny how we don`t get to complain about this type of thing yet if the shoe was on the other foot they would be protesting. That is why we are where we are today due to people turning the other cheek. If it was a single attack it would be different but we have now endured years of it from them. When someone makes a joke of a person then it can be funny , but when the same person continually makes a jokes about the same person it becomes bullying etc. We need to start standing up against everything they are doing against us and not just turn the other cheek.

Just like Hugh Dallas comedy email. Funny how we don`t get to complain about this type of thing yet if the shoe was on the other foot they would be protesting. That is why we are where we are today due to people turning the other cheek. If it was a single attack it would be different but we have now endured years of it from them. When someone makes a joke of a person then it can be funny , but when the same person continually makes a jokes about the same person it becomes bullying etc. We need to start standing up against everything they are doing against us and not just turn the other cheek.

I've got to agree as it's just another petty dig at us.