Rangers Create Official Fans Board

North Rd

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that those named on the RFC web site are basically the selection committee. They will not be on the final board. I know Mhairi and Rev Stuart MacQ. The "Rev" was on our RSC bus years ago. Had a coffee with him a few months back and we reminisced about old times and games.

The candidate applications will be limited to season ticket holders and club members. I expect that candidates will need to submit a CV on why they should be chosen.

Are you throwing your hat in the ring?

In all seriousness id absolute love d'art to have an involvement of this. I know that he would be a person a huge amount of the fan base could identify with.

He's eloquent, he's always speaking from the heart and the guy cares so much about Rangers it's unreal. His blogs, his hounding of hmrc and the police. His constant striving to defend us and our people.

D'art doesn't receive a penny for it, he doesnt do it for acclaim nor a blazer. His only interest is Rangers and its fans and what's best for the club. I really hope he considers it. In fact ill pm him I think and tell him incase he doesn't make derby since its his round :D

While I'm 100% behind this, my thoughts are turning to egos and high profile Rangers fans. If people who have put themselves in the spotlight were to be disqualify themselves, and show us all that they have the best intentions of this doing what it's meant to, then I would be happy.

They can carry on as usual with their ideas to move the club forward, and have a set of people who would bring any ideas up at the meetings. However, I'm being very sceptical in how this will pan out.

We all have an opinion to express, let's chose the right people who can take this to its potential.

In all seriousness id absolute love d'art to have an involvement of this. I know that he would be a person a huge amount of the fan base could identify with.

He's eloquent, he's always speaking from the heart and the guy cares so much about Rangers it's unreal. His blogs, his hounding of hmrc and the police. His constant striving to defend us and our people.

D'art doesn't receive a penny for it, he doesnt do it for acclaim nor a blazer. His only interest is Rangers and its fans and what's best for the club. I really hope he considers it. In fact ill pm him I think and tell him incase he doesn't make derby since its his round :D

100 % agree (tu)

I have noticed some people dismissing this straight away as it is being implemented by the current regime, also people slagging it as only ST holders are allowed to be nominated.

I myself believe that having a ST must be the bare minimum for being a candidate, I also be live that the individuals must not make any money from rangers related events, but can have expenses covered.

I have noticed some people dismissing this straight away as it is being implemented by the current regime, also people slagging it as only ST holders are allowed to be nominated.

I myself believe that having a ST must be the bare minimum for being a candidate, I also be live that the individuals must not make any money from rangers related events, but can have expenses covered.

Agreed.

Season ticket holder should be a necessary criteria.

I would expect it to be limited to ST holders and members initially. After that it can be widened to cover others but we need to ensure there is some criteria which excludes malicious applications. In that respect there would need to be some kind of fee for non-ST holders plus a bit of checking up.

AND INCASE US DONT NO ROSS HARDIE IS A RABID YES VOTER WHO IS DUE TO TAKE TO THE STAGE WITH TOMMY THE LIEIN SCUMBAG SHERIDEN IS HE THE TYPE THAT SHOULD BE ANY WHERE NEAR OOR CLUB I THINK NO TRAITOR IF U ASK ME

He is entitled to have his opinion heard as a Rangers fan.

NOT FOR ME HE SUPPORT S PARTY THAT WANTS OOR CLUB DEAD

The Labour Party?

That's the only one in Scotland that you can point that finger at.

Race, Religion and politics should not come in to this. His view as a Rangers fan is all that counts.

And at least he has stepped up and tried to help in a positive way.

From what I believe these people are only overseeing the voting process, and not actuallu part of the board.

Ctrl + will also increase the size of your browser if on a PC, if on an iPad go to settings , accessibility , larger text.