Rangers Youth at Milk Cup

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the bottom of all my posts there is a link to the blog I publish on the youths. I regularly watch the youths teams at Murray Park.

I don't like naming younger youth players on Internet forums., as a rule of thumb I wait till the Victory Shield season which is under 16's. The U16's are just over half this squad so are effectively U17 squad members, in my opinion the top three to look out for Sam Jamieson, Liam Burt and Aidan Wilson.

Eight of the squad are U15's who if anything are better squad than last years 15's. but I won't name them on the forum at the moment.

What I would say is come and watch them at Murray Park and see for yourself, there are talented players at all age groups.

I work with Aidan's dad. Who's out there watching them this week. Hoping he does well. (tu)

Apparently the match tonight was the largest ever attendance for a Milk Cup match.

Gutted that I haven't been able to see any of the games, I've been working.

One of the Rangers games really should've been in Coleraine.

My mates at it. He says it's like being in BF1!

Indeed it was as the main choirmaster of the evening I can say it wqs an excellent atmosphere, so much so that the tv cameras repositioned at half time to get us in shot.

At the final whistle I led a load of young kids down to the side of the pitch and waved the Rangers players over and I'd like to thank each of them who came over to shake their hands and have photos taken. This is how we rear the next generation of Rangers fans

Indeed it was as the main choirmaster of the evening I can say it wqs an excellent atmosphere, so much so that the tv cameras repositioned at half time to get us in shot.

At the final whistle I led a load of young kids down to the side of the pitch and waved the Rangers players over and I'd like to thank each of them who came over to shake their hands and have photos taken. This is how we rear the next generation of Rangers fans

Good to read the young guys doing so well.

Is it on tv? Can I watch highlights anywhere? As there is no way I can get over there to watch them

Just back from the match, great performance tonight.

Rangers looked much more physical than Liverpool and had great pace going forward. Jamieson scored both goals and looks the part, excellent display all round.

Although I haven't seen all the other teams involved id have to say that Rangers side will take some beating.

Well done lads.

I had my young lad with me in the main stand and we seen you all at pitch side after the game. Great to see and well done with the singing section. I'm sure none of those kids from either team have ever played in that sort of arena and atmosphere.

I had my young lad with me in the main stand and we seen you all at pitch side after the game. Great to see and well done with the singing section. I'm sure none of those kids from either team have ever played in that sort of arena and atmosphere.

You should've came round. 1st half we had our supporters club and a few others, start of the 2nd half the stand was full!

If you look at the bottom of all my posts there is a link to the blog I publish on the youths. I regularly watch the youths teams at Murray Park.

I don't like naming younger youth players on Internet forums., as a rule of thumb I wait till the Victory Shield season which is under 16's. The U16's are just over half this squad so are effectively U17 squad members, in my opinion the top three to look out for Sam Jamieson, Liam Burt and Aidan Wilson.

Eight of the squad are U15's who if anything are better squad than last years 15's. but I won't name them on the forum at the moment.

What I would say is come and watch them at Murray Park and see for yourself, there are talented players at all age groups.

Cheers.

I have read your blog a few times, that's why I was wondering how you knew so much about the youth teams. I thought you were maybe a coach or had a son who played.

I stay too far away to make it up to Murray Park, so cheers for taking the time to let the likes of me know how the kids are doing.

Is it on tv? Can I watch highlights anywhere? As there is no way I can get over there to watch them

The finals used to be on live, and they had a catch-up of the previous days highlights every night, but I think the Commonwealth games TV coverage has caused it to be binned this year. I know which one I'd rather watch!

Regardless, on the BBC regional news (Newsline) you will get highlights of the previous day so have a look this evening on BBC1 NI at 6:30pm...

25 years ago this week I played in the U16 tournament. Was an amazing experience...

The finals used to be on live, and they had a catch-up of the previous days highlights every night, but I think the Commonwealth games TV coverage has caused it to be binned this year. I know which one I'd rather watch!

Regardless, on the BBC regional news (Newsline) you will get highlights of the previous day so have a look this evening on BBC1 NI at 6:30pm...

25 years ago this week I played in the U16 tournament. Was an amazing experience...

FFS! I'm still not home from work at that time. Will see if the Mrs can record it.