Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

See this is why Smith is the perfect example. You can be mates with the players and friendly with them, but at the same time you need to show them exactly who the boss is. Gazza always said Smith was the best manager he worked under, he could to him for anything, but it didn't stop Smith from giving him the boot in the baws he needed at times.

McCoist needs to do the same. But he's just not capable. I'd have forced they players to stay on that pitch at full time yesterday until every fan at Ibrox had left.

What Nicky Law did yesterday too was a disgrace. He should be fined and made to apologise for that.

Won't happen though - secretly, McCoist has probably consoled him for the torment caused...

This I'm afraid was the Problem with big Ham and Egg when he took over.

When JG took over he was Friends with the whole Team he managed and it was a recipe for disaster too.

JG was hard as nails and strict as fuck on the Pitch but couldn't take that on as amanager.

The pals act needs to end and Fucking Gullane Sands should be introduced to these Slackers.

I'm sick to the Teeth of it now and contemplating not returning until Mcoist and his cohorts are gone.

Its breaking my Heart to say that as its the only way Mcoist will be removed.

Been watching this now since we came back from Admin and the Soul has been ripped out our Club by the antics of this Management Team and players.

No discipline a lack of fight and ambition and failure to recognise what this club means to the Fans.

I understand your anguish, but what's the difference between staying away from Ibrox until

Ally goes and staying away until the hedge funds go?

For what it's worth I'm beginning to accept that Ally may not be managerial material, but I'd be very reluctant to see him depart just now. He's the only real link we have left with the past and I trust him to do his damnedest to resist any moves by the Board to sell players or downgrade Murray Park in any way. Let's sort out the club's ownership problem first. Get the right people into the Boardroom. And then think about the football management side of things.

After the blatant incompetence shown by the manager, throw in wagesgate and sharesgate, fans being treated with contempt and wasting of resources........we are to apologise for wanting the perpetrator removed ?

There are now stories doing the rounds that no reductions in wages have been applied, if this is also true it makes Wallace's position untenable too.

This better be fucking bullshitt my good man.

For the sake of Mr Wallace.

I understand your anguish, but what's the difference between staying away from Ibrox until

For what it's worth I'm beginning to accept that Ally may not be managerial material, but I'd be very reluctant to see him depart just now. He's the only real link we have left with the past and I trust him to do his damnedest to resist any moves by the Board to sell players or downgrade Murray Park in any way. Let's sort out the club's ownership problem first. Get the right people into the Boardroom. And then think about the football management side of things.

:lol:

Oh look Comedy Cat finally ventures out the board room forum, to er..talk about the board.

Jog on ya clown.

You are a fucking roaster, go back to the boardroom section

Links to the past, its they fucking links thats driving us down

Ally McCoist should be judged on the present as a Manager and not on the past.

As a Manager he has benefited through both the shares he was effectively given and the remuneration package he accepted that was out of all kilter with where the Club was sitting financially and league wise at the time. This would perhaps be palatable (just) if he had shown he was capable of delivering. But he has failed to do that. Yes he took a pay cut (with caveats) but even that pay cut as drastic as it was still represents a level of payment that is worlds away from where we are.

Football wise his management has been turgid. Yes he gained the promotions. But what should have been spectacular was brutal. Achieved through Big Spending against teams that his personal salary would likely enough have covered their wage bill. The Ramsdens Cup performance was a disgrace.

He has the Club over a barrel. Simply as things stand it is very difficult for the Club to get rid of him and the rest of his assistants in our current financial situation. The Club is looking for a fresh cash injection. They would probably need a similar cash injection to fund paying off McCoist. Which brings us to Green. McCoist should be grateful to Green for effectively giving him the initial package that has placed him in such an impregnable position. Now the Club needs money Green is back (apparently in the picture) and our poor footballing performance is once again according to Ally- Greens fault.

FFS both these guys have profited hugely out of Rangers- they are the ultimate profiteering tag team. I agree with Ally on one thing- I too am sick of the side show. The performance on the side of the pitch is pathetic. Trying to blame yesterday's defeat on Green and bringing Sandy Jardines name into that argument was a leap of crassness far to far.

Is Ally McCoist going to be remembered as the man who bled Rangers dry. I sincerely hope not- because already I am beginning to have difficulties reconciling the great memories I have of McCoist the player with the man I see on the sidelines.

Ally is the equivilent of replacing the teacher with the class clown. How was anyone ever expected to take him serious. I feel bad for saying it, but ally knows he is finished with football if he walks...but that time is here.

Thanks.....that's the first I've properly laughed since yesterday!

If he demands a pay off package then he should never be welcomed back at Ibrox again. Look at Le Guen who refused his severance package despite being owed 2 years wages and he wasn't even a Rangers man.

McCoist has already made MILLIONS through our plight and continues to bleed the club dry despite it being painfully clear that he isn't up to the job.

Reasonable OP followed by the expected 'look at me, I tell it like it is' no airs and graces, salt of the earth crew.

You have to laugh at people that think being a smartarse (repeatedly) at the expense of a Rangers legend is reasonable.

Reasonable OP followed by the expected 'look at me, I tell it like it is' no airs and graces, salt of the earth crew.

You have to laugh at people that think being a smartarse (repeatedly) at the expense of a Rangers legend is reasonable.

Rangers legend or not, the people that pay thousands following their club have a right to give whatever opinion they like on McCoist.

Rangers legend or not, the people that pay thousands following their club have a right to give whatever opinion they like on McCoist.

It's easy to give an opinion without being abusive or childish or a smartarse. Even the most critical opinions. Very easy.

Is Ally McCoist going to be remembered as the man who bled Rangers dry. I sincerely hope not- because already I am beginning to have difficulties reconciling the great memories I have of McCoist the player with the man I see on the sidelines.

That by far should be his primary concern just now, he will not turn this team around but he can turn the fans hostile which would be a very bad thing to see. Better to say goodbye and have done with it than get caught in a corner and try to fight against an ever increasing backlash of fan emotion.

Legend as a player, shit manager. But as mentioned by folk earlier, still not a Cunt so pack that in please :P

After the blatant incompetence shown by the manager, throw in wagesgate and sharesgate, fans being treated with contempt and wasting of resources........we are to apologise for wanting the perpetrator removed ?

There are now stories doing the rounds that no reductions in wages have been applied, if this is also true it makes Wallace's position untenable too.

To be fair he does deserve to be treated with dignity and respect he has earned that right as a player and through the difficult time in admin and in the lower leagues. He should never be treated like we would treat a tim. I think Ally time is up and for the love of the club I hope he does the right thing and realises he cant take this club any further and addresses the fans and explains why he is stepping a side all will respect him if he was to do this NOW.

This better be fucking bullshitt my good man.

For the sake of Mr Wallace.

I would hope it is for the sake of our sanity, several people who are said to be in the know have promulgated this thesis, along with another that says there are no wage cuts only a deferment, it is something that needs clearing up along with Brian's "bonus".

As you are aware the chap who is alleged to have raised the matter of Brian's bonus now claims he has no idea what the outcome of that was.

From SoT.

COLIN: "No way. We were very firm that we did not support him and wanted the 200K bonus repaid. I think it has been but never 100% sure how or if it was part of something.

Nothing to fuck off about, you where in your words "going to ram the posts down people's throats" I suppose it would have been better had you listened to the guys who seen the hibs debacle. You where at work but hibs was an even more sickening display than yesterday.

Had el alagoui(sp) been on form that would have been played 2 competitive games lost 2

(tu)

Can't have it both ways.

Slating people who rightly thought we'd struggle ect then hide behind it when they get proved wrong...AGAIN.

People are just venting their anger. McCoist may as well be standing on the touchline with his middle-finger pointing in our direction for the duration of a game - what he is doing to us by putting that team on display is the equivalent of him doing that. No wonder people are calling him a cunt...

Vent your anger in a way that's not the same as you would Lennon or Neil Simpson. Most of the people on here are adults and should be able to control themselves.

No it isn't him sticking his middle finger up. It's him trying to do the job to the best of his ability and his ability, atm, not appearing to be enough. Being shit is not disrespectful. Nor is not realising you're shit.