04/08/1979

Was there that day but couldn't appreciate Davies goal at the time as it was at the other end.

Lets also not forget Sandy's goal in the same game. If the coverage back then was like today, with different camera angles etc both goals would be shown to this day.

Two of the classiest players in our history, both taken far too soon. In footballing terms both played like continentals in terms of technique and vision.

Think I remember you. Young bloke at the Rangers end with the blue white and red scarf, and the flared denims ?

Yeah, that was me.

I had a bottle of Pomagne in my back pocket!

Took a bottle the following year to the Scottish cup final where it came in handy! :ph34r:

He should have had tons more caps but when Greig was manager he refused to play him regularly for selfish reasons.

Remember reading about him after a game a supporter was at,and he could not believe that Davie was sitting at a bus stop waiting for a bus beside him.,changed days.

He was a home bird,but could have played anywhere in Europe,but his love for Rangers was all he needed.

One of my all time favourite games and nearly didn't make it as I was getting persuaded to go see Led Zeppelin that week. Thankfully I decided to go and just see Zep the week after and not missed what are probably the two best goals I've seen . I'd have regretted that these last 35 years.

Oh , and John McDonald's goal wasnae bad either !

He should have had tons more caps but when Greig was manager he refused to play him regularly for selfish reasons.

Remember reading about him after a game a supporter was at,and he could not believe that Davie was sitting at a bus stop waiting for a bus beside him.,changed days.

He was a home bird,but could have played anywhere in Europe,but his love for Rangers was all he needed.

Got invited inside Ibrox by" Big Jock" before a game v Morton in 84, he said he'd get someone to show us around, thought some old employee would appear but in stepped Davie, He was brilliant and its something you never forget. Shed a tear the day he died, as no doubt did many.others.

Got invited inside Ibrox by" Big Jock" before a game v Morton in 84, he said he'd get someone to show us around, thought some old employee would appear but in stepped Davie, He was brilliant and its something you never forget. Shed a tear the day he died, as no doubt did many.others.

That really is superb (tu)

That really is superb (tu)

Think it was the game after we had played in Dublin (Big Jock had a couple of stories from there ) Simply went to ask him for his autograph as my younger brother and his friend were too shy.big man asked where we came from and what time we had left in the morning. Called us teuchters and fishermen and invited us inside.

Davie showed us the trophy room, dressing room. down the tunnel to the pitch and finally into where the team were sitting having lunch (watching Saint & Greavsie on tv)..Gave me the key to the trophy room and said "hand it in at the front door when you're finished looking around". Spent another 15-20 mins wandering around inside, once in a lifetime experience.

Think it was the game after we had played in Dublin (Big Jock had a couple of stories from there ) Simply went to ask him for his autograph as my younger brother and his friend were too shy.big man asked where we came from and what time we had left in the morning. Called us teuchters and fishermen and invited us inside.

Davie showed us the trophy room, dressing room. down the tunnel to the pitch and finally into where the team were sitting having lunch (watching Saint & Greavsie on tv)..Gave me the key to the trophy room and said "hand it in at the front door when you're finished looking around". Spent another 15-20 mins wandering around inside, once in a lifetime experience.

Think luck was definitely with you all that day , lucky barstewards