Our biggest problem is central midfield

Dibble

Just my opinion, so feel free to disagree...

I think our biggest issue in the central midfield pairing. Over my time watching Rangers, we've had

McCall and Ferguson

Gascoigne and Gattuso

Barry Ferguson and Van Bronckhorst

Mendes and Davis

We have always had great combinations in there that can dictate play and provide the ammunition to the attack by creating from the heart of the midfield. Now, I know we are in the Championship and cannot expect to have the level we have had before, but we need much better than we have. Whether this is down to personnel, management or a bit of both, I am not certain.

However, my suggestion (as I know many others would also have) would be to move MacLeod into the middle and to partner him with a new signing. I am not convinced any of the current squad are up to the standard, except MacLeod. I see Lewis as the main creative central midfielder, capable of box to box play. I feel we need a solid, holding midfielder next to him, but obviously to a higher standard than Black or Hutton, neither of whom is good enough in my opinion. We need someone with energy and bite in there beside MacLeod and this should have been a signing priority of McCoist's. It's not to late to make this change but I fear, along with many others, that we have a season of Law and Black ahead of us… On current form, that is a complete and utter disaster and Boyd and Miller will not score that many goals with those two in the heart of the midfield.

Signing Boyd and Miller yet providing Black and Law as ammunition for them would be like buying a nice, quick, powerful car without a key to get it started.

I reckon it's the Spine.

You need to have a Commanding GK and CH we do not have that at Set Pieces. IMO.

Then you have to have a proper dominant Central Midfielder like Ferguson who could Tackle, had a great Engine was solid and could pass a Ball with vision.

We don't have that either.

Also our RB posn has been woeful for Years and going forward we have no pace unless Aird is out right.

His problem is his final ball and we have no one who will have a dig outside the Box either.

We really really are a shambles on the Pitch with no balance at all.

We have been exposed time and time again, even in the lower Leagues and Cups, yet nothingness improved.

Worse Rangers team and Manager I've ever seen.

I think the biggest problem the central midfield have is that they need the services of a good chiropractor for the crick they get in their necks as the watch the ball being launched over their heads.

Have you watched our defending?

I would say the problem is we don't have any proper defenders except from wallace, I would also class wallace as a very attacking fullback. Our midfield is also a big problem, apart from lewis the words that pop into my head straight away are disjointed and lazyy.

We have a quality CM in Lewis but Ally keeps playing him out of position. Lewis should be our first choice CM but obviously Ally doesn't see it that way. Keep in mind, Ally went out and signed Ian Black from Hearts. Ian Black never has been and never will be a footballer.

It's worse than that, we have problems all over the pitch from our keeper, defence, midfield and up front. Problems range from people out of position, people not fit enough, favouritism, people hiding I could go on and on.

It has got to the stage I now don't see things improving, and we need to be thankful the Hibs game was a cup tie or that'd be 5 points dropped.

On way home today it's a mixture of anger, embarrassment and thinking how will be let down next.

Heard a few shouts about putting Peralta in CM. Whats the opinions on that? Preferably Id have him at RB instead of that idiot Foster.

I agree with signing a new CM but I dont trust Ally or anyone in the coaching staffs judgement in the transfer market, and his pals law and black wont be dropped.

I reckon it's the Spine.

You need to have a Commanding GK and CH we do not have that at Set Pieces. IMO.

Then you have to have a proper dominant Central Midfielder like Ferguson who could Tackle, had a great Engine was solid and could pass a Ball with vision.

We don't have that either.

Also our RB posn has been woeful for Years and going forward we have no pace unless Aird is out right.

His problem is his final ball and we have no one who will have a dig outside the Box either.

We really really are a shambles on the Pitch with no balance at all.

We have been exposed time and time again, even in the lower Leagues and Cups, yet nothingness improved.

Worse Rangers team and Manager I've ever seen.

Summed it up perfectly.

We have a crap goalkeeper, crap centre half and midfielders. No balance in the team. No leadership on the park and a manager who knows he is hopeless but wants his 800 K to walk away.

You could start several different threads sating our main problem is Defence,Attack or Midfield the simple fact is that its currently all over the parl and that is simply down to our management team.

Our team during pre season and the first two matches look like they have just met and don't look to know how they've been set out to play.

We play players out of position and make bizarre substitutions.

You can't single out one are of the pitch when all of it is in a mess just now. Only one or two individuals get any kind of pass marks from our opening matches.

With the squad off players we have, and all played in their proper positition,and with decent leadership in the dugout we would skate this league.

But no we have a manager who is now using Charles Green in his post match interview as an excuse for the players underperforming.

Your post match interviews are an Embarrassment, i will never stop going but for Christ sake Ally will you please just just go.

Ally is our biggest problem, but agree on the pitch the midfield is the biggest weakness - we just don't have one. Teams walk through it onto our defence, and when we go forward, the defenders can't locate it so punt it up the park.

The midfield is definately the weakest we,ve had at ibrox for a while

Problem being they are only capable to do 50% of what they need to do

they are happy in their own half - thats it

Their failure is being in the attacking half and supplying our oap strikers .

So we have a midfield that are lazy supplying a striker that can score but cant run.

I wouldnt trust ally in the transfer market - we are sadly stuck with the what we have

The team sheet will have the same faces friday night

Black has been found out, no pace or strength! Kevin thomson wouldnt have been a bad shout but again thats a step past. None of the youth coming through are good enough as a holding midfielder imo. Wouldnt be surprised if we get a cm in on loan once epl decide who is surplus to requirements. Until thats sorted we xan forget boyd and miller getting 40+ goals. 3-5-2 with bell

zaluskas mcculloch mcgregor

Law mcleoad

Peralta templalton wallace

Boyd miller

We lack pace; the only players, in the team with any semblance of pace were Wallace and Foster and the latter is, clueless and unable to pass to a team mate. Midfield is slow and unimaginative as well as lazy and sloppy. central defence is immobile and our front two are 4 years off the pace.

When you look at Hearts who were prepared to pass forward on the deck and move and support and how easily they cut through our midfield and then compare our efforts it makes me wonder if we really do any ball work in training.