Dougie Freedman

Robespierre

The best possible candidate. This man has to be McCoist's replacement. Bolton are skint, so any fee needed to poach him would be minimal, and he's a notorious bear, so again wages wouldn't be an issue. Please Wallace, make it happen.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/dougie-freedman-i-want-to-manage-in-scotland-1531841

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best possible candidate. This man has to be McCoist's replacement. Bolton are skint, so any fee needed to poach him would be minimal, and he's a notorious bear, so again wages wouldn't be an issue. Please Wallace, make it happen.

http://www.dailyreco...cotland-1531841

Not the worst idea but the next question how to get rid of Ally

Not the worst idea but the next question how to get rid of Ally

The board request he resigns with some of his dignity intact. If he refuses, the board announces to the press McCoist is refusing to resign, and by doing so, he is only damaging the club by remaining in post.

I don't get his "he's a bear, wages won't be an issue" thing. Ally is a bear and he's by far the highest paid manager in Scotland.

He clearly states in the article cited above that he'd be willing to take a wage cut if he were to manage in Scottish football.

What are managers on down South. Like Hull, Palace. What do they pay managers?

Michael Laudrup was on £500k when Ally was on £825k.

I know Laudrup was in the EPL but Ally had to put up with a £6M wage bill to beat part timers.

Michael Laudrup was on £500k when Ally was on £825k.

I know Laudrup was in the EPL but Ally had to put up with a £6M wage bill to beat part timers.

Wow that's scary money.

Surely we good attract someone half decent on £400k a year :lol:

Someone who isn't going to play Jig at CB

What are managers on down South. Like Hull, Palace. What do they pay managers?

Average salary for managers in the English Championship around 50% of what McCostalot is earning and some of these guys are good reliable experienced managers. A cardboard of Sir Alex would do a better job than McCostalot.

Average salary for managers in the English Championship around 50% of what McCostalot is earning and some of these guys are good reliable experienced managers. A cardboard of Sir Alex would do a better job than McCostalot.

Here is my list for replacing him.

Davies, McInnes, Mccall, Holloway,McLeish.

Not necessaryly in that order.

Any one from that list would be on lower wages than Ally and could guarantee a better job.

No thanks, if we're going to change lets change to a style of football worth watching.

We should have done that in the summer of 2012, we've ruined it. We now need a manager who will get us challenging for trophies and titles as quick as possible. Smith is that man.

We should have done that in the summer of 2012, we've ruined it. We now need a manager who will get us challenging for trophies and titles as quick as possible. Smith is that man.

I disagree. Fuck the trophies. Either we change the style of football or there will be no new fans to replace the current ones.

I would take smith over any manager in the world but there is no chance he would come back to replace McCoist and to work for this board

I would take smith over any manager in the world but there is no chance he would come back to replace McCoist and to work for this board

You'd take Walter Smith over Mourinho, Simeone, Jogi Low, Van Gaal, Wenger etc?

Christ almighty.

How is he the best possible candidate? He's done nothing at Bolton

my thoughts too.

We need an experienced manager because the club is a shambles. We can all suggest names but I would sack McCoist and advertise to gauge the level of interest.

Having said that I have no faith in the Board's football knowledge to appoint the right man. After all they are watching the same shite as us with the difference being we can moan whilst they can act.