Nothing for granted ?

bawsburst

McCoist wants Rangers to Rock on in Championship

ALLY McCOIST insists Rangers will take nothing for granted against bottom-of-the-table Dumbarton tomorrow.

ChrisJack.jpg

Chris Jack Group Sports Writer

Friday 22/08/2014

25119187.jpg

Ally McCoist vowed Rangers will show respect to lowly Dumbarton

The Light Blues got their first SPFL Championship points on the board with victory over Falkirk last Friday before hitting the goal trail and blasting eight past Clyde in the Petrofac Training Cup this week.

It has been a poor start to the season for their opponents tomorrow, however, with Ian Murray's side losing to both Raith Rovers and Queen of the South in the opening fortnight.

And McCoist is determined to add to the Sons' sorrows at Ibrox as the League One champions look to build some momentum for their title challenge.

He said: "It's a game we are looking forward to. I was down at Dumbarton last Saturday and saw Queen of the South win 4-0.

"They will obviously be looking to do a lot better than that and it was a bad day at the office for them.

"I don't like to comment on other teams because that's other managers' jobs but I'm sure Ian will admit that.

"It was the first time I've seen Dumbarton have a bad day at the office and I've seen them a good few times. They're a far better side than they showed last weekend.

"They will want to make amends for that and they've got experience in their side. They've brought in David van Zanten and Lee Mair, while big Colin Nish is up front.

"It has been a tough start to the league campaign for Dumbarton and they will be very eager to start picking up points, but we'd like to continue winning."

While Rangers romped to the League One crown last term, Murray took Dumbarton to the brink of a Championship play-off spot as the part-time team defied the odds in the second tier.

The former Light Blues defender has emerged as one of the brightest young managers in the country as he has transformed the Sons' fortunes.

And McCoist is pleased to see the 33-year-old enjoying success on the other side of the white line.

He said: "Dumbarton is a great football club and Ian is learning his trade down there. I thought they did really well last season.

"They held their own and played some good stuff. That's obviously down to the work the coaching staff did.

"I know Ian's assistant, Jack Ross, is away to take the youths at Hearts and maybe that has been a little bit of a blow to him.

"At the same time, Ian is certainly one of the more respected younger coaches in the country and this just the start of what I'm sure will be a great career for him in that department."

I look forward to some desperate attempts to find a negative attitude towards the quotes from Ally here, can't see anything that anyone can take any offence it, but I am sure they will try.

But Surely Ally should be coming out every week and show disrespect to all teams with smaller budget and also take a view on the number of goal we will win by, while belittling the efforts if the other team?

Ally gets criticism often, and where deserved imo, for some of the pish he spouts. Some love Ally just tooooooooo much and can't accept this.

Nothing in this article is cringeworthy, nothing warranting criticism. In fact, I'm always pleased to hear he's out and about be it assessing opponents, potentially assessing signing targets, watching our youth games. Have heard more evidence of this recently so fair do's and well done for fulfilling this part of his role.

Those who refuse to acknowledge any positives, ie his role in a very good performance and 8-1 victory are equally as bad as those who refuse to accept criticism of him - like our recently returned 10-day holidaymaker.

I look forward to some desperate attempts to find a negative attitude towards the quotes from Ally here, can't see anything that anyone can take any offence it, but I am sure they will try.

Dont you see what you are doing?Just wanting someone to bite.Wee all dont love Ally It's about time you give it a rest ffs .

How do you plan to "give it a rest" when your post is the first one which brings the for/ against Ally debate into yet another thread LB?

It is tiresome that every thread gets side tracked this way by such posts.

Yes, I should be ashamed of myself for continually pushing these Ally arguments, I know it is all because of me.

Edit. If I have 'started' this in this thread, just ask yourself why the thread is titled the way it is.

Is anyone telling you that you shouldn't? You aren't putting journalists comments as though they are quotes from Ally again surely?

Surely .......I need to check with you before posting....maybe not...on second thoughts you sound like one of these types invisible dave alluded to... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But Surely Ally should be coming out every week and show disrespect to all teams with smaller budget and also take a view on the number of goal we will win by, while belittling the efforts if the other team?

youd be as well to give some consideration to your recent ten day hiatus

Yes, I should be ashamed of myself for continually pushing these Ally arguments, I know it is all because of me.

Edit. If I have 'started' this in this thread, just ask yourself why the thread is titled the way it is.

Its a thread about his views on our next opponent not his ability ffs. So why make it a for / against Ally sidetrack. Likely because you cant help yourself. The title is as qouted in the first line of the article. With a question mark. Does a question mark now instigate an auto defence of ally even where no negativity is posted towards him?If you cant see it, you've lost any impartiality and thats a pity.

youd be as well to give some consideration to your recent ten day hiatus

I've had 10 days to reflect and concluded my faith in Ally is justified and that this board has a small selection of panic merchants, bottlers and whingers, who also post prolifically, and my positive influence and balance is much needed!

Its a thread about his views on our next opponent not his ability ffs. So why make it a for / against Ally sidetrack. Likely because you cant help yourself. The title is as qouted in the first line of the article. With a question mark. Does a question mark now instigate an auto defence of ally even where no negativity is posted towards him?If you cant see it, you've lost any impartiality and thats a pity.

As I said, thoroughly ashamed.

And the question mark does, yes.

"It was the first time I've seen Dumbarton have a bad day at the office and I've seen them a good few times. They're a far better side than they showed last weekend.

"They will want to make amends for that and they've got experience in their side. They've brought in David van Zanten and Lee Mair, while big Colin Nish is up front.

What a great guy Ally is,eh?

A professional football manager offering praise and encouragement to the opposition just before we play them..

Let's hope he's made plans to deal with "big Colin Nish up front".

McCoist is an imposter, an amateur masquerading as a professional.