Has Miller improved the team's training and tactics?

mitre_mouldmaster

Our performances have seemed to start dramatically improve in recent weeks, with the team playing better as a unit.

This could be somewhat explained by us adjusting to the higher level of opposition, but could the impact of the new (old) players on the team be another reason?

Listening to Miller being interviewed, he seems to be very intelligent and his tactical analysis seemed to be pretty decent.

Listening to Boyd previously, I was quite surprised that he actually seemed a fair bit smarter than I had imagined.

I think their impact on the training pitch is starting to rub off on the other players and we are now starting to look like a half decent side.

Bring on ICT, for the first time in 3 years im actually confident going into a game against a top division side, even if they are top of the league!

Can't agree with that.

Yes their experience along with Jigs, and to lesser extents Black, Shiels etc will have a positive effect on the younger players in particular.

For me, what we are seeing is we are finally getting into competitive games where there is no room for coasting victories. It's 100% or fuck off. Players are realising it's time to show they can consistently provide the team and supporters with these performances on a regular basis. Also we have the likes of Aird and Macleod who have played 60 odd games each for the first team and they are learning and improving every game and every season.

There are a multitude of reasons for why we are improving. Whether we credit those individuals or not, for their input into that improvement, is irrelevant. We are getting better and will continue to. It won't be a straightforward sharp rise but if we continue on this curve we will get back to where we belong sooner rather than later, off field issues permitting.

Experienced players bring knowledge but all credit has to go to the manager - after all he takes all the shite if folk think there is something wrong

Yea, thats fair.

The whole playing side has improved recently, McCoist has to get some praise for that. Still paid too much though.

Experienced players bring knowledge but all credit has to go to the manager - after all he takes all the shite if folk think there is something wrong

I have to give you this one, I give him shit when we play shite, so he deserves credit when we play well.

Certainly think Nicky Clark has upped his game big time since Miller signed and that's probably down to having competition for places which we never had last season.

It's good that we now have Boyd, Miller, Daly and Clark all going for a 2 starting place. Every one of these guys knows now they need to produce the goods or they won't get a game.