Was there trouble at the game?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stupid analogy? Surely not, here I was thinking I was making a serious point.

However, if you want to be serious, then the day when a mob start deciding which laws are important enough to be obeyed is the beginning of a slippery slope that leads to anarchy.

We must already be on that slippery slope because there are millions amongst the population who pick and choose what laws they obey, particularly when it comes to driving when every day millions drive over the legal speed limit and/or use their phones whilst driving.

Both very common crimes that have much more serious consequences than drunks at the football.

What this thread has shown more than anything is that there are some in our support who can't resist the chance to stick the boot in to fellow fans. It also highlights the SAD fact that unless you know the guys sitting around you at a match there is a good chance of being reported or shunned by people within our own support.

Further evidence that the law is an ass is evident when you consider that not one person has been charged nevermind found guilty of acts that destroyed our club but hey a few individuals jostling with the police is more of a major concern to the apologists in our support.

I am not condoning what went on yesterday but in the grand scheme of things associated with the history of our club it is a trivial matter.

We must already be on that slippery slope because there are millions amongst the population who pick and choose what laws they obey, particularly when it comes to driving when every day millions drive over the legal speed limit and/or use their phones whilst driving.

Both very common crimes that have much more serious consequences than drunks at the football.

What this thread has shown more than anything is that there are some in our support who can't resist the chance to stick the boot in to fellow fans. It also highlights the SAD fact that unless you know the guys sitting around you at a match there is a good chance of being reported or shunned by people within our own support.

Further evidence that the law is an ass is evident when you consider that not one person has been charged nevermind found guilty of acts that destroyed our club but hey a few individuals jostling with the police is more of a major concern to the apologists in our support.

I am not condoning what went on yesterday but in the grand scheme of things associated with the history of our club it is a trivial matter.

I don't disagree about the fact that people have broken laws around things like speeding, etc, in the past. However, the difference for me is that when I have been caught speeding, I took the points/fine, and the second time, I took the class. I didn't expect anyone to join forces with me to fight the man. I did the crime, and took the punishment.

My concern about mob rule is that this sort of thing leads to potential escalations, what other circumstances would see this group close ranks and protect themselves/someone? What are the consequences?

I don't think it is a matter of being an apologist, although I am happy to always be dumped into the 'handwringer' box, I am just one of these people who thinks we should all be able to take responsibility for our own actions.

I don't disagree about the fact that people have broken laws around things like speeding, etc, in the past. However, the difference for me is that when I have been caught speeding, I took the points/fine, and the second time, I took the class. I didn't expect anyone to join forces with me to fight the man. I did the crime, and took the punishment.

My concern about mob rule is that this sort of thing leads to potential escalations, what other circumstances would see this group close ranks and protect themselves/someone? What are the consequences?

I don't think it is a matter of being an apologist, although I am happy to always be dumped into the 'handwringer' box, I am just one of these people who thinks we should all be able to take responsibility for our own actions.

And those involved yesterday should take responsibility for their own actions.

The biggest issue I have is that the club should not be held responsible in the same way that we should not have been punished for the actions of owners and directors.

This could set a bad precedent. I hope it doesn't become a habit as it could have very bad consequences for the club and for the fans in general.

Next away game we will all be treated like criminals, and even more time will be spent focusing on us with the hope of instigating trouble.

The filth swarm round our fans simply because it is a golden opportunity to pick up some nice easy arrests. Unless your the coach drive why was this guy such a problem and why have they arrest two children? Easier to bully?

They do not do this to other fans as it would cause uproar in the press and from the clubs.

Our club will do nothing other than support the police. Super salary has already done this, like Smith before him the only thing he defends is an attack on his big ego.

Celtic not only defend each other when attacked by the police but there board also defends them, parading a fan that fought Dutch police war like a hero, Scottish Labour and SNP politicians will also defend them. The Scottish press will ignore their bad behaviour and excuse it if it is forced onto the national news.

We are fair game for the police.

It is a good start if fans are defending each other.

The advice is never to co oporate with the bastards.

Do not answer there questions, ask them questions, name number other than that say nothing.

Most people convicted talk them selves into the conviction by being tricked into confessing their guilt.

Force them into court and defend yourself to the hilt.

There is an excellent clip on youtube "dont talk to police" american but still good advice.

You do know that the process is normally that the police decide whether there is enough evidence to warrant bringing someone before the court so the court can then decide guilt or otherwise?

I've got the fiscal on the phone here, he feels you're giving others credit for the work he does. The police investigate and make a report to the fiscal who then decides the above.

I've got the fiscal on the phone here, he feels you're giving others credit for the work he does. The police investigate and make a report to the fiscal who then decides the above.

I think in the context of what I was saying, the rest you haven't quoted, you know the point I'm making. I also think you know I'm fully aware that the process is police assess-fiscal assesses-court assesses.

That video is pretty embarassing.

Fucking cringe every time I hear anyone singing that 'supporting yer team is not a crime'

supporting your team isn't a crime. getting arrested for singing songs sums up everything that is wrong with this country

supporting your team isn't a crime. getting arrested for singing songs sums up everything that is wrong with this country

I agree with you that it's pathetic that people are getting into trouble for singing a song, but if it is illegal, you can't act surprised if you get arrested for it.

I agree with you that it's pathetic that people are getting into trouble for singing a song, but if it is illegal, you can't act surprised if you get arrested for it.

just cos something is illegal in the eyes of the law, doesn't automatically gaurantee it is a bad thing, sometimes the law gets it wrong too:

apartheid was perfectly legal in south africa not that long ago for example.

controlling what fans can and cannot sing at games is a step too far down the wrong path for me

Just to be clear, nobody has said supporting your team is a crime. Doing things which are illegal while supporting your team would be a crime.

just cos something is illegal in the eyes of the law, doesn't automatically gaurantee it is a bad thing, sometimes the law gets it wrong too:

apartheid was perfectly legal in south africa not that long ago for example.

controlling what fans can and cannot sing at games is a step too far down the wrong path for me

I totally agree with you that the law is wrong. It's still the law though, wether it's right or wrong.

I was right next to it, loads of pure mento wee guys almost caused a riot when they pulled a guy away from the police who they were trying to take out. Letting the rest of our fans down these daftys.

Fuck off..imagine guys stopping their mate from being jailed for singing..It's the Scottish ISIS.

Well done they boys for standing tall like we used to do.