Something Good? Battle of Britain

delamonty

Let's cheer ourselves up!

I remember being out for dinner for work on the second match with some English mates in London. In a pub.... listening via the 'radio'. One of our best results. Right up there with Bayern in 1972 imho

Love watching these clips, but it's like taking drugs you feel great for awhile then it's back to reality. :lol:

Too true mate (tu) How good were Big Mark and Ally. I think we forget that Leeds were a class side in that day. Better than ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. And we destroyed them -- when the English media said we had no chance.

Sweet memories indeed. We need to get back to those days.

Coisty's second at Elland road was a perfect goal. Back to front.. wide play.. perfect cross...sublime header back across the Keeper. You'll never see a better goal scored from a technical perspective (imho of course) (tu)

Too true mate (tu) How good were Big Mark and Ally. I think we forget that Leeds were a class side in that day. Better than ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. And we destroyed them -- when the English media said we had no chance.

Sweet memories indeed. We need to get back to those days.

Coisty's second at Elland road was a perfect goal. Back to front.. wide play.. perfect cross...sublime header back across the Keeper. You'll never see a better goal scored from a technical perspective (imho of course) (tu)

Remember watching the faces of the guys in the studio what a picture.

Loved it. One of the best atmospheres I've been at for a home game. Leeds had a few quality players at the time.

Aye quite right. Cantona et al. I honestly think Goram won us that tie. He was sensational. (tu) But there was more than a few moment that we simply dominated them. They were a good side after all... but we were better, hungrier and it showed.

Cheers OP - I watched this last night and it brought back the good times and the great players

even the un-sung guys like dale gordon who could do a shift.

I remember whilst i worked at the shipyard in the north west of england

having to leave for work when we were 2-1 up at ibrox and having to hope time

I got to my shift that score stayed the same - lol

We at that time proved we were the best team in the UK and it was before all the sky lot

came into play the days that the champions league lived up to its name Leeds Utd had an english owner and manager and didnt need money from sky to do it

I was only 14 at the time but really remember and enjoy those games as me and my dad, now gone, wound my mum up to boiling point with our pre game and in game behavior. Also remember me being allowed a beer or two! Great games and the 'nearly' year if it was not for the bribes I think we really would have beaten that all be it great Milan team through will power alone or am I just an old man now ( although being only 36 I am not that old )

I was only 14 at the time but really remember and enjoy those games as me and my dad, now gone, wound my mum up to boiling point with our pre game and in game behavior. Also remember me being allowed a beer or two! Great games and the 'nearly' year if it was not for the bribes I think we really would have beaten that all be it great Milan team through will power alone or am I just an old man now ( although being only 36 I am not that old )

Lol. Same age as me and also went to those games with my dad. I don't think on paper we were one of the best groups of players that year, but we certainly were one of the best teams. I'd say the goals against Moscow, Brugges and Marseilles away were also 3 of my favourite TV experiences watching Rangers. Such a great campaign.

A member here, The Judderman, a great guy from Stoke, told me this was his first Rangers game,the 2nd leg at Leeds,his Dad took him, he's been Rangers daft ever since as well as his own Stoke City team. He travels up here to watch Rangers when Stoke City are away.

It was one of my first games, was great to meet you BTW still working my way through the programmes lol

It was an amazing night but with my Yorkshire twang I went unnoticed by the legions of Leeds fans who were raging.