For the benefit of legalbeagle, give us your opinions...

GOAT

"Relying on the play-offs is not out of the question because getting out of the division is the most important thing,"

Does the above statement by McCoist confirm he thinks i's acceptable for us to go up next season via the play offs. The question is not does McCoist use the word acceptable, it's does the statement confirm he thinks as long as we go up by any means nessessary, is the play offs an acceptable way to get back to the top flight next season.

YES or NO will do people.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's going up via the playoffs or not at all then it's an obvious yes.

Should we be in the playoff is an obvious no.

So in answer to the question, possibly.

The question is, is McCoist saying it's acceptable not do we think it's acceptable.

Also, interesting how you have chosen to word the question, but good luck to you.

My point is that he hasn't said it is acceptable. If you, or anyone else, choose to extrapolate from what he said and surmise the you think he thinks it is acceptable, that is your own business. The point remains that he does not say it is acceptable, I assert this on the absence of him saying it is acceptable.

No, he says getting promoted via the playoffs is an option. He didn't actually state whether or not he felt it would be acceptable if it happened. It's all down to interpretation though I suppose.

So if it's an option it's acceptable then surely? Otherwise he would have said, no it's not acceptable.

Goat do you remember what the exact question Mccoist was asked to which he answered it would be acceptable?

No, I can't remember now, but he was asked the question and he gave an unacceptable answer. I was driving when I first heard the question being asked and him answering on the news on the radio and I actually started shouting at the radio.