Tougher Task = Future Benefit?

AlBear.

http://www.rangers.c...sk-is-exciting?

ALLY McCOIST is relishing the competitive nature of the SPFL Championship which he feels has been missing in each of the last two seasons.

The last 2 seasons we have been able to relax and coast to league wins. This season, due to our start, will not be the same. We will have to work harder and not relax for a second.

For me this could be good thing in preparation for our return to the Premiership.

Of course it's not ideal, we'd much prefer to romp this league as easily as we did the last two, but looking at the bigger picture could it be a good thing that we will be forced to raise our levels and consistency to win the Championship in preparation for winning our 55th Scottish Championship?

The logic is sound but we will be sorely hampered by our current management squad who appear clueless. We have had our best results this season when we have played the ball on the deck, a fact overlooked by our manager. Two games after a convincing win we're back playing 'hump the baw up the park' and all semblance of football has 'gone oot the windae'.

Feel the next year is going to be a struggle on and off the park not helped by the Blue tim bhoycotters'.

It's only tougher because of our lack of progress on the park.

Hibs are one of the worst teams I have seen in these divisions yet they managed to pump us at Ibrox a month ago...

Hearts again are no great team but again wiped the floor with us.

If we had raised or levels of consistency we'd not be 9 points behind Hearts

The last 2 seasons we've been able to relax after half of the season and still comfortably win the league, that will not be an option this season. Could be what we need to raise those levels.

McCoist thinks it's "exciting" to look out for Hearts, Hibs, Queen of the South's results because those results affect Rangers.

For once, he is right. Those results do affect Rangers, but they shouldn't and they wouldn't if we had a manager who actually knew how to manage instead of a mediocre, self-regarding tv celebrity who just loves being in the spotlight too much to even think about doing the right thing and "walking away".

With McCoist in charge the danger is that we might not get back to the top league at all, certainly not at the first time of asking.

It's an opportunity in a way, and I agree we will benefit from it massively IF we win the league.

I'm just not sure we will.

On the bright side, if Hibs win the derby this weekend then things start to look a bit brighter. A long way to go, but I wouldn't be rushing out to put money on us.

The last 2 seasons we have been able to relax and coast to league wins. This season, due to our start, will not be the same. We will have to work harder and not relax for a second.

For me this could be good thing in preparation for our return to the Premiership.

Of course it's not ideal, we'd much prefer to romp this league as easily as we did the last two, but looking at the bigger picture could it be a good thing that we will be forced to raise our levels and consistency to win the Championship in preparation for winning our 55th Scottish Championship?

I would rather we had saved some money and started fighting our way to league titles two years ago. What the need was to win the titles by 30, 40 odd points is beyond me.

I don't live in the rosy world that believes we would have a team full of exciting, experienced youngsters on our hands by now, ready to romp the Championship and then fire into the top league, but I'm sure we would have more than the 2 promising youngsters we have today and we would not be in the financial shit we are in now. And no, it's not all Ally's fault. It's been shitty leadership and management at all levels.

I would rather we had saved some money and started fighting our way to league titles two years ago. What the need was to win the titles by 30, 40 odd points is beyond me.

I don't live in the rosy world that believes we would have a team full of exciting, experienced youngsters on our hands by now, ready to romp the Championship and then fire into the top league, but I'm sure we would have more than the 2 promising youngsters we have today and we would not be in the financial shit we are in now. And no, it's not all Ally's fault. It's been shitty leadership and management at all levels.

Fair opinion, but this is about now, not then.

Still find it bemusing how some seem to view the challenge from the East coast as a temporary irritant, turned into a positive for us as its a given we will be promoted.

This challenge is real and nothing more than hope about competitors suffering injuries and suspensions is giving much confidence to realists at the moment.

The truth is this isn't about anything other than a dogfight to get out of this league and we are far from favourite.