Who will be the 11 men?

AlBear.

Lot's of talk, guessing on what line-up we'll play against them.

We've gone with 2 forwards every game so far, I don't see that changing in any other game this season. Plenty thinking we will just go with 1 up top, being Kenny. With Boyd, Daly and Clark I just can't imagine we would leave 3 out.

I can see us going 4-4-1-1, with Kenny given the role of linking the midfield to the attack.

Bell wont be fit before mid Jan at best so I don't think he'll make it. Back line will be experience, as long as McGregor carries on his good form he'll make it.

The midfield picks itself imo, the only question Aird or Templeton. For me, in a SF you pick the player that can do the special something other players can't.

The focal point of the attack, for me in the most highly charged old firm ever it's got to be big Daly to use his power and unsettle their CB's.

Simonsen

Foster McGregor Jig Wallace

Templeton Black Law Macleod

Miller

Daly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a chance for the manager to rotate the squad in the next three months, it will make players hungry to play in this game.

Hopefully we will get better players in the January window, possibly loans from Newcastle.

We want to play the filth with 11 players, not the 8 which we usually play, which means no place for Aird, McCulloch or Law (I won't be holding by breath though).

Be interesting to see how Ian Black handles this game. This is the kind of game he's made for, crunching tackles and getting it right up the oppposition

Hopefully it's the stage for Macleod to show the world how good I think he is.

Genuinely see it as this, excluding injuries etc. :

Bell

Foster Moshni McGregor Wallace

Black McCulloch

Aird Law Macleod

Miller

Just my opinion, Moshni or Marius will play at CB whoever gets more game time beforehand.

Law, Foster & Moshni make me spew in a team against them! We need to buy a RB urgently!

Aird, McCulloch and Law will all start.

Black is a nail on for a red card and I genuinely feel Law when he turns up is the better player.

If we invite them on top of us they will overrun us. We are used to playing pedantic predictable football against shite teams.

We have to get more bold and dynamic NOW!! Hivs and hearts have came to ibrox thus season and taken 3 points.

Inverness and St johnstone wouldn't look out of place in the bottom half of our current league so I wouldn't read too much into the games against them.

We will need pace as it will restrict their full backs.

Boyd is a traffic cone in these games and I would play Daly before him as he can at least score against them!

However I would be trying a Miller/Clarke partnership up front.

I know KM has lost his pace but he will still be dangerous and always came up to the plate in these games.

Without new, better players and a manager who actually has a clue I really fear the worst. I genuinely think Ally will already be thinking about 'nicking' a goal, riding our luck, pens etc so it's a foregone conclusion IMO. Just how bad it could get depends on the team.

I would rather go down fighting , get beat 4-2 and have a go instead of getting beat 2 or 3 nil while not having a shot at goal.

Black is a certainty to get at least a yellow card. Just hope he can keep a lid on it and not get sent off.

Miller should be the lone striker and Boyd should be on the bench. His record against the scum is tragic.

Hope Cammy Bell is back playing by then too as we need our best keeper between the sticks.

we need a better centre midfield

its goes against every single footballing mindset i have, but id start as

Bell

Foster

Zaliukas

McGregor

Wallace

Aird

McCulloch

MacLeod

Templeton

Miller

Daly

McCulloch is the only one with a bit of bite in centre mid that isnt a liability, and templeton will tear their fullbacks a new one, Daly will bitch slap their centre halves

However that is an absolutely god awful team really, if it actually descends into a football match we are fucked, and i fear if the tarriers get an early goal

We will not beat them under Ally.

We have no pace from Midfield apart from Macloed and Aird.

And we have only one decent CB.

Our RB is a massive weakness and we will concede from that area, of that I am sure off.

Templeton has pace, and I would definitely play him in that game. The defence is a big concern though, and the CB and the RB is where you rightly point out our weaknesses.

We will not beat them under Ally.

We have no pace from Midfield apart from Macloed and Aird.

And we have only one decent CB.

Our RB is a massive weakness and we will concede from that area, of that I am sure off.

You're a lovely wee chap.

Bell

Foster McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Black

Aird Law MacLeod Smith

Miller

All players who have played in Scotland and know what the Old Firm game means as well as a few who have played in them before. I can't remember, but did Foster ever play in one?