Does anyone ever park in ASDA?

GOAT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't fine you , it's illegal. They try it on issuing fines that gullible folk pay. Hope the wee man enjoys the game goat.

I've been fined plenty of times in Asda without ever paying .Never hear a jot after the second letter without paying .Like someone said ..Just cover yourself by getting a receipt of a purchase

ASDA and the the Albion both take too long to get out of . I live to the west and park at the wee car wash just further along the road from pizza hut. £10 for a mini valet and my car is safe . Its not too long a walk and the traffic is quick. Its only place I get car wahed. If I see you there say hi!!!. Silver clio tomorrow

I call bullshit, claiming you live in the West End but your name is Thornliebanktrueblue and your location is 'Thornliebank'.

Rumbled.

Not sure about ASDA but we park on Harmony Row beside Jewson's it's about a 5 minute walk to Pizza Hut from there. Not busy at all and easy to get parked.

I would second that, park in jewson car park every time, easy to park and fairly easy to get away from too.

I park there, mainly on the mid-week games, never on a Saturday as it's murder trying to get out and on to the M8.

I suggest that if you do park there, might be a good idea to leave with at least ten minutes to go, or leave the Pizza hut till after the game, by then it will have died down.

I did get a fine that my work were going to pay, then force me to pay them back, but a quick call to the payroll and they sent me the ticket which I put in the bin, the recycled one of course, I do have some morals.... :thumbup:

In Scotland only the local authority or police can give you a parking fine, these shopping centers and supermarkets around football grounds basically try their luck that fans will pay the "fines" without question when you are legally under no obligation to do so.

Do you get away with it easily enough?

Reason I'm asking is me and the missus are going to take the wee man to his first game tomorrow, but we want to go into Pizza hut for lunch before it, if we park in ASDA, or the Pizza Hut early doors, will anyone notice, or will we come back to a clamped motor or private parking fines?

if your in early enough you can park on the wee road just as you turn into pizza hut/kfc before the car park. Only a few spaces though

I normally go on the supporters bus, but when I did drive I always just drove over and got there for about 5 to 3 and always got roughly the same space behind the flats at the Copland Road. I've never parked anywhere else.

About 5 years ago i was running late and just parked in asda. A few weeks later i got a letter sent out, had a picture of my car going in an goin out and said i had exceeded the 90 minute or so limit. Cant remember how much it was though, but it got paid, and then every one told me i shouldn't of bothered with it.

About 5 years ago i was running late and just parked in asda. A few weeks later i got a letter sent out, had a picture of my car going in an goin out and said i had exceeded the 90 minute or so limit. Cant remember how much it was though, but it got paid, and then every one told me i shouldn't of bothered with it.

Next time write back stating that you are disabled and outraged that you are expected to do your shopping in under 90 mins. Quote the Disability Discrimination Act (1995) and rights of access. Probably shite it and send you vouchers.

Big companies are tax dodging, low paying profiteering bastards and deserve to be ripped off.

Next time write back stating that you are disabled and outraged that you are expected to do your shopping in under 90 mins. Quote the Disability Discrimination Act (1995) and rights of access. Probably shite it and send you vouchers.

Big companies are tax dodging, low paying profiteering bastards and deserve to be ripped off.

They will ask for the number of your disability badge! if you then do not provide it you would be guilty of fraud.

(you could always give a friends badge number)

They will ask for the number of your disability badge! if you then do not provide it you would be guilty of fraud.

(you could always give a friends badge number)

Fair point. As others have said though, ignore their fines in future as they have no legal force. Pisses me off that foreign companies come into Scotland and think they can impose fines like this. Cheeky bastards should get their fingers out and start collecting their shopping trollies which are sprawled all over the streets of Ibrox. Send them a fine I you find one in your street and see if they pay that. Fucking hypocrites.