What a Game

Band of Brothers

I grew up spoiled with games like this and is my fondest memory of CL nights.

These days and games shall soon be back and with being away for so long I canny wait.

That strip was our best for years imo and be hard to beat for some time yet.

Whats yer fav euro night and I know the old bears will say Barca as my Dad was there and has his scarf in a volt but apart from that?

Good old match analysis

Best I was at as Young Bear against Inter, just watched it again the names in that Inter team getting tore apart at Ibrox.

Brilliant :thumbup: its amazing the teams we played and will again. Ibrox on a Euro night is better than any old firm for an electric atmosphere not hatred.

Another vote for the PSV game in Holland 1978. Think it was their first European defeat at home. We were docked in Rotterdam and managed to get tickets from the company shipping agent. What a game and when the 3rd goal from Bobby Russell went in I just about wet myself. :)

What a night afterwards too.

I've never made it to a european game sadly,but I think this game shows just how good a team we were back then.

Seriously?? I assume you are a nipper. That said when European nights do come back you will enjoy them all the more. A full-house at Ibrox for a European match still make my spine tingle.

To give yourself a real treat get along to a big European away match to somewhere like Munich, Parma, Gothenburg a fantastic experience with normallyt only the result as the 'deflating factor' :huh:

I was thinking the Bayern game in 72 but it's already been mentioned. As I was at the Barcelona final I could go for that but the afters with the Spanish polis were not fun.

I will settle for all the home games in the '72 run to the final. In those days you were lucky to get the away games on the radio.

Seriously?? I assume you are a nipper. That said when European nights do come back you will enjoy them all the more. A full-house at Ibrox for a European match still make my spine tingle.

To give yourself a real treat get along to a big European away match to somewhere like Munich, Parma, Gothenburg a fantastic experience with normallyt only the result as the 'deflating factor' :huh:

23,that Advocaat's team was the first Rangers side I can really remember watching,really took nights like that for granted. On another note that Valencia team were superb the football they played was class.

23,that Advocaat's team was the first Rangers side I can really remember watching,really took nights like that for granted. On another note that Valencia team were superb the football they played was class.

I'm 16 and the first side I remember watching was around Ecks helicopter Sunday season. Not been to a euro game but I certainly plan on going to them every time possible

I'm 16 and the first side I remember watching was around Ecks helicopter Sunday season. Not been to a euro game but I certainly plan on going to them every time possible

Me and my Dad got our first season ticket for Eck's 1st full season in charge,the year we done the 50th and the treble.That day at Ibrox was unbelievable,will never forget the noise when Arteta scored that penalty :lol:

The Marseilles game, probably. Against an outstanding team, the last 15 minutes or so was brilliant.

I was at the Marseilles game as well with my (future) wife. It was amazing. I could only get tickets for the govan front, which was boring as fk back then. But that night it was jumping. The whole stadium was rocking. Always remember a Marseilles fan in the broomloan front near the govan. He must have banged a drum for 90 minutes solid. But like you say, the last 15 minutes, you couldn't hear a thing for the cheering & singing. Brilliant night. Best atmosphere outside an old firm game.