Can we catch hearts ?

Bear cub1

Promotion  

476 members have voted

1. 1. How/will we get promoted

Not going to commit to an answer just now as I hope to fuck we get a new manager so can turn it around, If you put in with Ally in charge would have been a no and playoffs at best.

Are you pyschic mate, I was typing much the same as you at the same time. Maybe it is me that is pyschic. :lol:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have 2 games against Hearts and we can easily win both, there is a long way to go but I fully expect us to win the league but no more slip,ups, we need to build a head of steam and start putting 4 or 5 away most weeks.

If we do come second then I fully expect us to win the play off, but I am not happy with Ally as manager i never have been, I honestly feel if Whyte had not run us to the ground he would have been long gone.

3 defeats in the top flight never mind this level is unacceptable at the stage of the season

If we stick with Ally we won't Beat Hearts or Hibs.

And tbh I can see us drop to third If he stays.

we will drop more points.

Essentially we need to beat Hearts home and away then hope for a few draws else where.

Ally is not the man to do this.

We need a manager with authority. Someone who isn't a friend of the players, too much of a "one of the lads" atmosphere in that dressing room.

McCoist was a perfect assistant. Kept morale going while Smith was the disciplined authority figure.

I have very little confidence in the team or manager but I will say that if we can go on another run of 8 wins and a draw in doubt Hearts will match that. We need to cut the lead before we play them again. If it were back to 5 or 6 points by the time we play again at Ibrox we'd be doing ok and have a real chance again. We really need to win this league and avoid the jeopardy of playoffs

Lets through some stats in the mix, so far we have drawn 2 lost 3, the last four Championship winners and old Division 1, won with the following totals.

2013/14 Dundee Drew 6 Lost 9 Points 69

2012/13 Partick Drew 9 Lost 4 Points 78

2011/12 Ross Co Drew 13 Lost 1 Points 79

2010/11 Dunfermline Drew 10 Lost 6 Points 70

Carefully considering the winning team's stats, I have concluded our manager is clueless, so they are unreliable at this time.

There are only 7 league fixtures before we play Hearts again on Jan 17th. The hardest looking is Hibs away. I think we are capable to of winning these games and I'd be hopeful Hearts will drop at least 2 or 3 points in the same period. Games not over yet.

i still think at the moment we can catch them.

i still think Hearts will drop points.

i do think though McCoist should go but i would give him until January to see where we are, i think we are capable of going on another run similar to the one before the Alloa game.

just had a look at the fixtures and only just realised we play them at Tynecastle on the last day of the season

If and it's a big if, we need Hearts to falter sooner rather than later.

We must not drop silly points for a large part of the season. We must start to win the big games against Hearts and Hibs for that matter.

The players must stand up and be counted for. Whether the management situation changes or not, we are going to have to do it with this bunch of players so they must buck up their ideas and performances.

My head says we under this management doesn't have what it takes, but heart is always optimistic. It'll have to be a massive change of fortunes on both sides of the M8.

I'm looking at their stats and it seems that they have a fairly tight defence and generally don't have to do all that well in order to win; a dip in their form may not necessarily translate into dropped points. Moreover, were they to drop to our level of GD/points acquisition then that in itself would represent something of a collapse - and we're in second place. Oh yeah, and that's assuming we get our shit together before the gap can increase even further. If we can put together a solid run then there are still six points left to play for vs them, but the momentum is currently very much in their favour.

On paper and in my heart catching Hearts is possible. But I have watched the highlights from Saturday and the match statistics do not lie. We ended up with only 40 % possession in the end. Their fitness from their extended training sessions told in the end against our 10 men.

Unless Hearts go through a period of injuries I cannot see them dropping enough points from the remaining 22 fixtures as McCoist will have us dropping more points in 2015 against more teams than just Hearts.

What worries me is the number of out of contract players that McCoist will need to motivate come the play-offs. Hibs lost the play-offs last season due to too many players being at the end of their contracts and Butcher could not motivate them.

bottom line is that we have seen 12 point leads disappear in the past, in our favour and against us but we are already starting to need other teams to take points off of Hearts and for their squad to start to get injuries to make us winning the league likely.

People keep saying this, but Hearts seem to be missing two or 3 players every week and they still win. They were missing 3 or 4 against us and still won.

People keep saying this, but Hearts seem to be missing two or 3 players every week and they still win. They were missing 3 or 4 against us and still won.

This is it for me too

They had Sow Prince and Wilson missing all guaranteed starters yet their replacements did not look out of place. Gomis is now suspended but they bring in the new guy Pallardo who I thought controlled the game.

To me fitness is the key as season goes on and our top players have to start performing in the big games. Perhaps we can afford to rest McLeod Wallace and Miller against some of the weaker teams.

Heart says we will catch them. Head says we won't, not can't, but won't

I'd be shocked if Hearts keep up their current momentum... I'm not sure the stats, but I read somewhere they normally do worse in the latter of half seasons than the first half but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I think we will do it... if not though, we will go up in the play-offs.

COME ON YOU GERS! :7325::ulster::21: