McCoist is not a manager, but we are...so what is your 11?

theiconicman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So most of us think McCoist doesn't have what it takes to manage this club. We all think we can do better. So, what is your starting 11, 5 subs and formation, what do we build on?

For me:

Bell

McAusland McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Murdoch Black Macleod

Miller Clarke Templeton

Subs

Simonsen

Gasparotto

McKay

Aird

Daly

A blend of experience and youth, movement and pace up front with McCulloch regularly getting rested for Gasparotto to come in and stake a claim.

Madness? Perhaps but I'd love to see it.

Ach - unless you are also training the team 4 times a day ( more than hearts), doing tactically planning for 3 hours a day, and look good in a suit, and don't stand with your arms folded then I am not sure your formation will work! :pipe:

My eleven is:

______________Bell_______________

Foster___McGregor___Zal___Wallace

_________Black____MacLeod________

______________Law________________

____Miller____Clark___Templeton__

The reason we drop Jig is simple, we sit too deep to accomodate his lack of pace. The system is simple, pace.

We close everything down and commit the opponents to make silly mistakes that we take advantage of. There is not one slow player in that line up.

Wallace and Foster are effectively wing backs, and when we attack, they are attacking.

Blacks job is simple, he sits in front of the defence and stops any counter attacks and mops up any loose balls.

Macleod is the box to box midfielder. He comes back from the ball to start attacks, and helps Black when defending.

Laws job is to attack. He sits behind the strikers and it's his job to pick the holes in the defence for Miller, Clark, Templeton, MacLeod Wallace and Foster to exploit. He is being asked to come to deep these days, that's not his strength, use his strength.

The front three is simple, it's pace and runs. They find the gaps, they create the chances, they score the goals. Sheils can fit into this position aswell.

I'd actually have the top three swapping positions throughout the game to confuse the defence, and exploit some gaps.

If everyone stuck to their jobs, and we kept the ball on the deck and more importantly IMO shut down everything, that team is more than capable of beating everyone easily enough in this team. However, a kick up the arse is heavily needed to them all. McCoist isn't the man for that job.

It's also amazing how flexible 433 can be, it can be changed to 442 in heart beat, 451 in no time. I just feel we need a fast team that closes every ball down, and doesn't give the opposition time to think.

Anyone who puts foster (Bristol City fans voted him there worst ever signing)

Black(bet against us should be out on his arse)

Zaliukas(washed up,likes a bevy (allegedly)

Needs their head examined

Unfortunately, they are the best we have at the moment.

I don´t really believe in setting up one system unless you´ve got the vast resources and money to implement it right through your setup from youth to first team. I think you need to have flexability when your resources are limited as you have to play to your players strengths instead of shoe horning them into positions they´re less comfortable in. Just my humble opinion.

At this stage of the season it's not so much who to pick now. To me it looks like a job of building up the confidence of quite a few players. I have said for long enough and have heard snippets about quite a few of the senior players not "trusting" McCoist. The younger players have no faith in him either but that's patently obvious.

If a new manager were to come in the first job would be restoring their confidence and earning their trust/respect.

The nucleus of our squad is more than good enough to win this league.The fact we are struggling however is down to one person...the manager.

lol, i wasn´t impressed by his signing, but have to admit ally bringing him to the club has been a very good thing. he´s won me over

Me niether, i thought here we fucking go another typical injury prone McCoist signing, he's proved us wrong and quick the big man is solid, best defender at the club by a mile.

4-2-3-1

Bell

Synamon? Mcgregor Zal Wallace

Black Hutton

McKay Macleod Temps

Clark or miller

The most important players here are the two holding mids. A massive shift is required to cover the full backs, Break up play, keep it simple and look to get the ball from the centre halfs/fullback and get the attack started.

That system, coached correctly, will isolate mackay and templeton with one player to beat, the mid 3 are able to swap positions and create space for each other, with Macleod sitting slightly deeper looking to get the ball off the holding mids and help defensively.

I'd look at plays patterns and styles, the option of having two holding mids is the ability to block runners, black makes a dummy run impairing huttons marker, giving hutton space to get on the ball, Macleod drops and picks up the space created by the movement of the holding mids and looks to turn or shift the ball quickly into the fullback or temps/mckays feet.

4-3-3 would be great aswell (tu)

Firstly I would have to wait till Jan as I am bringing in CB, Roger Johnson at Wolves, quality CB getting the Bobo treatment there, they would be happy just to save a few grand and have him in the shop window. So here it is = Bell

Faure Magreggor Johnson Wallace

Jig

Gallagher Law Mcloud

Clarke Boyd

Bit of a leap I know, Gallagher impressed me last year on the right, speed and build edge him over Aird

When we played D/line last year using this formation Ally had Faure as holding but I swapped him with Jig, despite his defensive misgivings his leadership is vital imo plus frees up Law for creativity.

Got Lewis in LM for me creates more from here, considered Temps but sadly he has failed to impress me, had a great chance to secure a regular start against Alloa but let himself down badly gets on bench as I think he maybe best as an impact player like Novo ended up like.

Service to Boyd has to be quicker and not always high imo he has a good touch on the deck, with Clarke buzzing round about him.

Subs, Templeton, Aird, Moshni, Miller and Hutton

Have I got the Job :thumbup:

Firstly I would have to wait till Jan as I am bringing in CB, Roger Johnson at Wolves, quality CB getting the Bobo treatment there, they would be happy just to save a few grand and have him in the shop window. So here it is = Bell

Jig

Gallagher Law Mcloud

Clarke Boyd

Bit of a leap I know, Gallagher impressed me last year on the right, speed and build edge him over Aird

When we played D/line last year using this formation Ally had Faure as holding but I swapped him with Jig, despite his defensive misgivings his leadership is vital imo plus frees up Law for creativity.

Got Lewis in LM for me creates more from here, considered Temps but sadly he has failed to impress me, had a great chance to secure a regular start against Alloa but let himself down badly gets on bench as I think he maybe best as an impact player like Novo ended up like.

Service to Boyd has to be quicker and not always high imo he has a good touch on the deck, with Clarke buzzing round about him.

Naw you canny even spell your players names right. fuck you writing the team sheet to hand to the ref pre game :wink:

Jig

Gallagher Law Mcloud

Clarke Boyd

No chance mate, you've got Cammy Bell way out left wits that about