Everton after MacLeod

trueblueal

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is going to spend £5 million odd on a player who has only played lower league Scottish football? Actually think about that one for a second.

That's the point though. I wish we'd give all our players inflated price tags unless they are dead wood that we need to get rid of. A PL team might pay that if they're absolutely committed to getting him, and if you don't ask then you don't get. We are in need of the money, but the problem is that £1-2m isn't anywhere near enough so we shouldn't accept it. The tarriers seem to get massive fees for even their mediocre players, it's time we took a leaf out of their book and started overhyping our best as well.

That's the point though. I wish we'd give all our players inflated price tags unless they are dead wood that we need to get rid of. A PL team might pay that if they're absolutely committed to getting him, and if you don't ask then you don't get. We are in need of the money, but the problem is that £1-2m isn't anywhere near enough so we shouldn't accept it. The tarriers seem to get massive fees for even their mediocre players, it's time we took a leaf out of their book and started overhyping our best as well.

You need to remember our players have not been playing in the top league and certainly aint been playing in Europe.

The tarries were playing CL football the past few years which saw some of their players leave for inflated prices, the situation we are in with Lewis is night and day.

No club is going to come and give more than £1-2 million for a guy who’s been playing part time hammer throwers and 99% of games against lower league teams…it’s just fantasy stuff if you think they are.

You need to remember our players have not been playing in the top league and certainly aint been playing in Europe.

The tarries were playing CL football the past few years which saw some of their players leave for inflated prices, the situation we are in with Lewis is night and day.

No club is going to come and give more than £1-2 million for a guy who’s been playing part time hammer throwers and 99% of games against lower league teams…it’s just fantasy stuff if you think they are.

Doesn't matter to me, it's a win win situation in my eyes. If you ask for money they're unlikely to pay then you either keep your player or have more than enough to replace them. It's definitely what we should be doing whenever we get back to where we belong.

Doesn't matter to me, it's a win win situation in my eyes. If you ask for money they're unlikely to pay then you either keep your player or have more than enough to replace them. It's definitely what we should be doing whenever we get back to where we belong.

Might not matter to you but that's how it works.

Only an idiot would pay the kind of money the tims got for someone who hasn't even proven himself in the top league in the country.

Might not matter to you but that's how it works.

Only an idiot would pay the kind of money the tims got for someone who hasn't even proven himself in the top league in the country.

Exactly, we just need to hope there's an idiot or two out there. I'd hope we can keep hold of him for another season at least before selling him on anyway but it's looking unlikely.

He's a great wee player and would love for us to keep him around for a while but it seems like it's just a matter of time until he departs. We can't turn down a decent offer given the shit we are in the now.

The only thing I hope is that someone at out club has the backbone to tell any clubs to GTF if they offer way below what he's worth. Set a price and if it's below that GTF. If they meet the price then fair enough best of luck to MacLeod! Just don't want clubs bouncing in and trying to get him on the cheap cause of the mess we're in.

If we have enough money to get through to the end of this season then the worry will be what funding will be available for next season. If the judgement is that ST sales would decline further and also progressively lower match day attendances then a sale in Jan - for whatever the club can get - might be inevitable. And maybe he might not be the only departure eh? And people still think promotion is possible.