Best setup for BBC alba, what do you do for audio?

j1mgg

You'll never get any radio to synchronise with the TV. Better just to listen to it at a low volume. Anyway, I don't know what all the fuss is about? Most of the time you can work out what they're talking about as there's pictures there along with the commentary, as well as lots of interventions, in English, by the match reviewers.

Why do you need audio? Can't you see what's happening on the field without someone having to tell you?

I am easily distracted, some of the stuff I miss at Ibrox because I am.looking at the scoreboard, people chucking stuff at the hefty security guy that walks along the govan lower, or the stupid orange bus on the advertising boards.

I actually enjoy Teuchter TV. Some poor old dear called 'Agnes' keeps getting mentioned. :D

And haggis too. And someone or something called "Nyesh" or "Nyish".

I like that the only thing I understand them saying is the player's names as occasionally that comes in handy when you're struggling to identify a player on the far side. e.g. Is that McGregor or Foster?

Any time I've watched a game on Alba, I've been quite content with them using their made-up, kid-on language, since I don't know what the fuck they're making up which means I'm totally unaware of their idiocy and bias. Guess that's why I always like hearing foreign accents- because I have no idea of what pish they're talking.

You'll never get any radio to synchronise with the TV. Better just to listen to it at a low volume. Anyway, I don't know what all the fuss is about? Most of the time you can work out what they're talking about as there's pictures there along with the commentary, as well as lots of interventions, in English, by the match reviewers.

You will with sky plus and a wee bit fucking about with the rewind function.

"Nyish" that someone mentioned is 'a-nis', which means and now. Surely listening to it cant be that bad guys? better than watching the crappy streams online.

They're just lucky they don't understand the commentary. Derek Mackay is alright but Hugh Dan Maclennan talks some amount of shite. Wish he'd stick to shinty.

:thumbup: I'm going to go up to watch it on my mother's telly. I'm not interested in what they say, or in what lingo, I just want to see the game. I've watched Rangers games with Spanish, Dutch and German commentary. Not at the same time you understand, but it's no bother whatever language it's in. :pipe:

They're just lucky they don't understand the commentary. Derek Mackay is alright but Hugh Dan Maclennan talks some amount of shite. Wish he'd stick to shinty.

wow wow careful there Hugh Dan is a hero, he is pretty good at the rugby, but you might be right cant say if he is a football man or not. His knowledge of shinty is pretty incredible, jeff stelling esque.

wow wow careful there Hugh Dan is a hero, he is pretty good at the rugby, but you might be right cant say if he is a football man or not. His knowledge of shinty is pretty incredible, jeff stelling esque.

Don't get me wrong, excellent when it comes to shinty and that, just not keen on his football commentary.

Aibisidh is just fantastic though.

Connect the audio output connectors of your TV via a dedicated audio lead to your computer audio input.

Open a translator program such as babelfish or Bing and leave it running.

When your chosen TV program (i.e the football)begins type in the BBC Alba password "tcheuchter" within 35 seconds of the TV program starting.

The computer audio output will automatically be converted to English.

Let me know how you get on after the game. (tu)