Best setup for BBC alba, what do you do for audio?

j1mgg

:thumbup: I'm going to go up to watch it on my mother's telly. I'm not interested in what they say, or in what lingo, I just want to see the game. I've watched Rangers games with Spanish, Dutch and German commentary. Not at the same time you understand, but it's no bother whatever language it's in. :pipe:

Kunt u niet Nederlands spreken? Kunt u het begrijpen?

You will with sky plus and a wee bit fucking about with the rewind function.

Not quite. The TV is already delayed compared to the radio. You would need a version of Sky Plus for the radio. Sometimes you can feed online radio through VLC and pause it that way but it isn't very reliable.

Connect the audio output connectors of your TV via a dedicated audio lead to your computer audio input.

Open a translator program such as babelfish or Bing and leave it running.

When your chosen TV program (i.e the football)begins type in the BBC Alba password "tcheuchter" within 35 seconds of the TV program starting.

The computer audio output will automatically be converted to English.

Let me know how you get on after the game. (tu)

Cheers mate, a lot easier as my computer and sky box are connected to my amp, had to use babelfish x86 as the x64 never worked on my machine.

Honestly dont know why these days they cant just have a red button choice for english or gaelic commentary???,, Christ even MTV raps can do subtitles for the deaf!!,, there must be as many deaf folk sitting up to watch MTV raps as there is garlic speaking Rangers fans,, going oot on a limb and assuming that is that Alloa hasn't got a large garlic speaking community either