***The Official Rangers v Cowdenbeath Match Thread***

Bear cub1

realised there wasn't an official thread on this so decided to start one, I'm not really sure what type of performance to expect but I think we'll win 2-0, expecting a terrible atmosphere and a terrible crowd all down to Ally anyway what do you think will happen: performance, result, protests ?

Please drop Mohsni, Black and Boyd to start with. Would happily see a whole load of changes.

Presume Bell, Zaliukas, Wallace and MacLeod are the only absences. Would like to see this (assuming all are fit)

Simonsen

Foster, McGregor, McCulloch, Smith

Shiels, Hutton, Law, Templeton

Miller, Clark

Please drop Mohsni, Black and Boyd to start with. Would happily see a whole load of changes.

Presume Bell, Zaliukas, Wallace and MacLeod are the only absences. Would like to see this (assuming all are fit)

Simonsen

Foster, McGregor, McCulloch, Smith

Shiels, Hutton, Law, Templeton

Miller, Clark

Hutton??? We'd be better giving Murdoch a go, Hutton shouldn't have had a renewal.

I also think shiels on the wing would be rather ineffective. My team (would never happen)

Simonsen

Sinnamon, Halkett, McGregor, Smith

Aird, Murdoch, Law, Templeton

Clark, Miller

We'll see no youth in place of absentees, we'll see players out of position and either daly or Boyd getting the ball pumped up to them.......I have never wanted Rangers to lose in my life and whilst I don't want to start the silver lining on a doing by cowdenbeath might be the sacking of the dud.....he still wouldn't walk even if we lost 5-0 on Saturday, it would be because the wind was blowing the wrong direction.

A game for managerial character and the players to show they have what it takes -

it's how we act under pressure and adversity that defines us -

I'll be there to support the manager and the team, not to boo, and criticise and to try to get regime change, but to support and do my very small bit to ease the pressure, not add to it!

Reality check Bluepeter9 beating Cowdenbeath at Ibrox doesn't show any sort of character. We are miles better than Cowdenbeath we should be beating them 19 times out of 20. It certainly won't be any big achievement for the team or Ally, or show any great character. I reckon we'll win comfortably and the cracks will be papered over till we get pumped again.

A game for managerial character and the players to show they have what it takes -

I'll be there to support the manager and the team, not to boo, and criticise and to try to get regime change, but to support and do my very small bit to ease the pressure, not add to it!

Haven't you contradicted yourself here. Pressure that defines us but you are trying to ease the pressure not add to it. We know the definition of the man.....he doesn't walk away regardless of what it means for all of the fans who pay his salary. While it was admirable at first with everything going on surrounding the club its time to admit, as much as it pains you to do so, that for the greater good you are stepping down.

I'd say that the pressure is the only thing that will prompt change....that or getting thumped by Celtic or the worst case scenario failure to get promotion.

Reality check Bluepeter9 beating Cowdenbeath at Ibrox doesn't show any sort of character. We are miles better than Cowdenbeath we should be beating them 19 times out of 20. It certainly won't be any big achievement for the team or Ally, or show any great character. I reckon we'll win comfortably and the cracks will be papered over till we get pumped again.

You've hit the nail on the head. We'll win our games, badly, and make a recovery of sorts until the Hibs game when we'lol lose that and it will be the players fault once again for deciding to ignore the manager and play long balls.

I can only imagine the nonsense mccoist will come out with if we lose on Saturday.

There's every chance we might have a good game on Saturday against a poor team, maybe even one the next game before everything gets fucked up all over again. But by all means you just come out with your usual soundbites about what you claim 'support' means.

Personally I support Rangers FC and Ally McCoist is damaging Rangers FC.

Clark and Boyd to me is the best partnership and I cannot believe Mccoist left Clark out for the alloa game. Doesn't make sense whatsoever. I think we will win this one, but with a crap performance as always. The thing is if we loose this one we cant do anything with the manager for the foreseeable future because he wont walk and cant be sacked. I will also be expecting protests at the game.

All very predictable actually.

We WILL win...

Ally will then prattle on about the players showing great character to bounce back after the Alloa game...

Pressure will ease on him slightly as he is a club legend....

Probably win upto we go to Easter Road and then get skelped...

Cue the cycle starting all over again. :(

We should win this game comfortably.

There should be wholesale changes in the team selection.

Nicky Clarke should get a run of games up front.

Templeton should be brought in for the injured Mcleod.

McGregor should be played in his best position, since he is the best centre half in the team.

McCulloch should be dropped, or played up front if we are going to continue with the big punt up the park tactic.

Ally McCoist should NOT be in the dug out on Saturday, or any other day, as he should do walking away.(IMHO)

All very predictable actually.

We WILL win...

Ally will then prattle on about the players showing great character to bounce back after the Alloa game...

Pressure will ease on him slightly as he is a club legend....

Probably win upto we go to Easter Road and then get skelped...

Cue the cycle starting all over again. :(

Yep. It will be all smiles again for sure for Ally, you mention Easter Road but I am worried about the QOTS game next week.

Ally will play attacking full backs, with a wide man on either side and two up top. Those two will not be 20 stone heefers, but ball players, with a good footballing brain and quick feet. He will also play everyone in their correct position, will not make any substitutions on 73 mins, will not have everyone back defending a corner and will drop several of his mates for this one.

His arms will be unfolded, he'll be issuing instructions and we'll win 7 - 0.

--------------------------------------

Back in the real world - we'll narrowly win, play the exact same shit football, have the same crap tactics, look no fitter than pub teams and the crowd will dwindle as each game passes with him in charge.

Haven't you contradicted yourself here. Pressure that defines us but you are trying to ease the pressure not add to it. We know the definition of the man.....he doesn't walk away regardless of what it means for all of the fans who pay his salary. While it was admirable at first with everything going on surrounding the club its time to admit, as much as it pains you to do so, that for the greater good you are stepping down.

I'd say that the pressure is the only thing that will prompt change....that or getting thumped by Celtic or the worst case scenario failure to get promotion.

Nope I don't think I have contradicted myself at all - question is ( for me) are you going to add to the pressure on Ally and the team by not supporting the team, booing and other disgruntled actions - or are you going to try to help the man and the team out but clapping, cheering and supporting the team?

There's every chance we might have a good game on Saturday against a poor team, maybe even one the next game before everything gets fucked up all over again. But by all means you just come out with your usual soundbites about what you claim 'support' means.

Personally I support Rangers FC and Ally McCoist is damaging Rangers FC.

That your opinion - I differ in my opinion - the real question is will you do your bit in sat. To ease the pressure by clapping, cheering or add to it by booing and getting on the players and managers backs?