Clark and Templeton?

BigAmo'sThighs

Anyone know what the fuck they have to do to get a start? They must have seriously pissed off McCoist, if Boyd, Daly, Aird etc are ahead in the pecking order?

Prepare for a wall of text - I'm annoyed these boys get over looked and need to get it off my chest :)

Clark has always looked bright when played, he plays a good style of football, is comfortable dropping off and running in behind. Boyd physically can't run in behind, and he's never been a centre forward that holds up play and drops short. Boyd needs talented wingers cutting balls back to him (tu)

Templeton? Yes, massively inconsistent this season, hasn't done a lot when he's played, but has he done less than Aird? Shiels? Etc? The third division was templetons best, looked a real threat and it's only after Ally decided to drop him, he's been inconsistent. Templeton is exactly the type of player that brings crowds up and gets them on their feet. He always has the ability to find space and is easily the only one who's comfortable with players in front of him, he has the talent to skip by them. Airds quick, but as soon as the full back stands infront of him he's fucked, he may have the pace to get by them, but any semi decent full back just stands two - three yards off him and shows him the line.

Aird needs a break, I'd be tempted to rest miller and Boyd too.

I'd go 4-2-3-1 and, in an ideal world, McKay would never have been loaned out.

Anyone - mcgregor - Zal/Gasparatto - Wallace

Black - Hutton

McKay - Macleod - Temps

Clark

Give templeton a free role, drift wide left, drift inside, drift anywhere along that front line and I'd tell our holding mids to look for him in the space, his movement is good and I think is much better behind the striker rather than outwide. Holding mids have a tough job, a lot of running and keeping it simple, McKay, Macleod and templeton need to be constantly switching and getting into positions, looking for the pass from the holding mids, all three are smart footballers and should link up well.

Had to get this off my chest, I really feel for those two as the game, especially yesterday, was crying out for a change, instead he changes nothing, the shape and style of play is the exact same when you replace daly for Boyd. Can't believe he can't see these two players offer much more than the 3-4 players he refuses to drop every week.

Anyone know if they're not pulling their weight in training? Or is it simply shite management yet again?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will hopefully see a change in playing systems once our dugouts cleared of the management team, yesterdays howler was classed as decent by them.

Agree (tu)

I'm baffled though, durranty has done his badges, and was a real talented player, how can he not see how bad we are?

Same for McCoist, a smart guy, coaching badges at Largs, played the game at a high level, and he can't see our problems.

It baffles me.

Anyone know what the fuck they have to do to get a start? They must have seriously pissed off McCoist, if Boyd, Daly, Aird etc are ahead in the pecking order?

Prepare for a wall of text - I'm annoyed these boys get over looked and need to get it off my chest :)

Clark has always looked bright when played, he plays a good style of football, is comfortable dropping off and running in behind. Boyd physically can't run in behind, and he's never been a centre forward that holds up play and drops short. Boyd needs talented wingers cutting balls back to him (tu)

Templeton? Yes, massively inconsistent this season, hasn't done a lot when he's played, but has he done less than Aird? Shiels? Etc? The third division was templetons best, looked a real threat and it's only after Ally decided to drop him, he's been inconsistent. Templeton is exactly the type of player that brings crowds up and gets them on their feet. He always has the ability to find space and is easily the only one who's comfortable with players in front of him, he has the talent to skip by them. Airds quick, but as soon as the full back stands infront of him he's fucked, he may have the pace to get by them, but any semi decent full back just stands two - three yards off him and shows him the line.

Aird needs a break, I'd be tempted to rest miller and Boyd too.

I'd go 4-2-3-1 and, in an ideal world, McKay would never have been loaned out.

Anyone - mcgregor - Zal/Gasparatto - Wallace

Black - Hutton

McKay - Macleod - Temps

Clark

Give templeton a free role, drift wide left, drift inside, drift anywhere along that front line and I'd tell our holding mids to look for him in the space, his movement is good and I think is much better behind the striker rather than outwide. Holding mids have a tough job, a lot of running and keeping it simple, McKay, Macleod and templeton need to be constantly switching and getting into positions, looking for the pass from the holding mids, all three are smart footballers and should link up well.

Had to get this off my chest, I really feel for those two as the game, especially yesterday, was crying out for a change, instead he changes nothing, the shape and style of play is the exact same when you replace daly for Boyd. Can't believe he can't see these two players offer much more than the 3-4 players he refuses to drop every week.

Anyone know if they're not pulling their weight in training? Or is it simply shite management yet again?

I dont mind if boyd gets a start but as long as it is upfront with clark because boyd and miller just don't work. At the start of the year there link up play was really good and they made a difference when playing against kilmarnock. As for templeton, in no way in hell should shiels be started before him, he is a CAM for fucksake Only problem with templeton is his concistency but when he is at the top of his game he is a nightmare to defend.

Tempelton is brutal. He hides in games and his moments of Magic have left him.

Clark tho I think has turned into a real good player with real hunger

He's been poor recently (tu) but I think that's down to the lack of faith showed to him.

You say he hides but I think it's the opposite, players like temps always come under criticism as he's one of the few prepared to try something, and when it doesn't come off he's left looking foolish. Templeton is always one of the few players who gets stick and that's because he doesn't hide (tu) he shows and has a go at the back 4. 11 David templetons every day of the week ;)

I dont mind if boyd gets a start but as long as it is upfront with clark because boyd and miller just don't work. At the start of the year there link up play was really good and they made a difference when playing against kilmarnock. As for templeton, in no way in hell should shiels be started before him, he is a CAM for fucksake Only problem with templeton is his concistency but when he is at the top of his game he is a nightmare to defend.

Agree - inconsistent (tu) but good. As opposed to Aird, consistently shite :lol:

Our best attacking link up play since going down has always been Wallace's deep runs, the ball gets into temps feet, he turns, takes on the fullback and gives Wallace a slipped ball in behind. That was our only avenue to actually get in behind teams. Now we don't have that and our only option is a long, high hopeful ball.

I posted I'd like to play the exact same system as well although I had Shiels in for McKay and Peralta in for Hutton. (I know Peralta has been shit so far but I dont think we have actually seen him play in his correct position)

No way he stills plays for us :lol: :lol:

I posted I'd like to play the exact same system as well although I had Shiels in for McKay and Peralta in for Hutton. (I know Peralta has been shit so far but I dont think we have actually seen him play in his correct position)

Agreed. Only stuck McKay in as he looks a player. I like shiels, played well yesterday and seems to be another ignored by our management team. Not a world beater but certainly a footballer (tu)

Peralta, I would like to see him centrally, really doesn't suit the wide right position, good engine on him and would be able to cover the ground well and keep things simple.

4-2-3-1 has been a revelation this season, watch Munich and Chelsea, two teams who play that system and I think our players suit that system much more than a 4-4-2.

Both should be starting.Templeton is a typical winger,inconsistent,but is twice the player Aird is.Clark must be watching the useless immobile lumps (boyd and Daly) and be in despair.Both would bring movement and control.Gallagher and Mckay should also be recalled and put in the mix.Our forwards at the moment are a disgrace,

When Templeton joined from Hearts he was a 22yrs old whippet who beat players with his speed. His tricks sometimes did not work but when they did the usually ended in a goal. He scored 15 goals from 24 starts in his first season but then like everything else under McCoist, the magic has tarnished.

Last season it was 3 goals from 20 appearances. He has only had 5 starts so far this season.

The problem looks simple to me: he's put on weight probably due to lack of training. He is now 25 and his speed dropped a notch. He does not beat players as often as he used too. Playing in the lower echelons of Scottish football has done him no favours. His style obviously does not fit in with Ally's tactics.

Maybe a change of club might suit him. Especially if Ally no longer rates him.

I can honestly see where McCoist is coming from with Templeton, I think he's a very decent impact player and does seem to make a difference when he comes on, when he starts he bery rarely impresses, that being said though, he should if he is fit get a run of 10+ games to allow the boy a chance to get a consistent run of games together

If all players were fit and not taking into consideration the players out on loan then for me, front two Boyd and Clark, Midfield, Templeton, Mcloud, Law and Aird, Defence, Wallace, McCulloch (due to lack of options), McGregor and Foster, in Goal, Bell.

But feel we need a new management team who has no interest in the best buddies act, and we need a fan base who would accept another season in the Championship to really give a new manager the time to develop our younger players without the fear of being barracked by some of our fans when they don't play like world beaters week in week out.