The rebel says Billy Davies will be new manager

MacBoyd

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand why this club don't open up for applicants, there's a few managers who may at least want to talk to the board and see wha type of budget they have to work with.

This one guy leaves and its offered to the first person does my baws in. When eck was going le guen was in place, same with Advocaat with Eck and then when le guen left SDM went straight to Walter, then ally was put in the job from within.

Couldn't agree more mate, surely Ashley has his own ideas for who he wants in place?

That's why I'm hoping this is temporary as I fancy someone long term who is good with youth and also competent in Europe.

We would be surprised by who would apply.

Hopefully this is a short term, end of season type deal as I don’t think Davies has the qualities and ability to rebuild the playing infrastructure from top to bottom.

Ally has lost the fans and by the looks of it the dressing room so we need a fresh face to come in and see us through till the end of the season, if that is Davies then so be it.

Awready got them on...when dae we start :000000082:

Well it's nandos for lunch, then roon to jigs for some homeland and breaking bad, then a wee go on his ps4, training starts in 3 weeks once we've completed both homeland and breaking bad box sets.

Important stuff out the way first (tu)

Couldn't agree more mate, surely Ashley has his own ideas for who he wants in place?

That's why I'm hoping this is temporary as I fancy someone long term who is good with youth and also competent in Europe.

We would be surprised by who would apply.

Aye, Dennis fuckin Wise.

Hopefully this is a short term, end of season type deal as I don’t think Davies has the qualities and ability to rebuild the playing infrastructure from top to bottom.

Ally has lost the fans and by the looks of it the dressing room so we need a fresh face to come in and see us through till the end of the season, if that is Davies then so be it.

We don't need someone to ' tide us over '

We've had enough instability and we need someone with a vision and a proven record to lay new foundations.

Of true it would show a lack of ambition by the board. Very dissapointing.

Davies over McCoist is a vast...vast improvment.

It's hardly showing lack of ambition given he's a vastly superior manager than we had before.

Hopefully IF he was then it would be short term then evalute in the summer, then we can open up applicationd for the job.

The most improtant thing just now is to get McCoist and his henchmen out the club today.

We don't need someone to ' tide us over '

We've had enough instability and we need someone with a vision and a proven record to lay new foundations.

Agreed but are you going to get someone like that at this stage of the season and with

all the uncertainty surrounding the club and no money to spend in January.

Until Ashley increases his stake or makes his intentions clear (which won’t happen anytime soon) then I don’t see us attracting anyone of the calibre we badly require.

By bringing in someone short term we steady the ship, give the players a much needed boost and it gives the board and Ashley time to recruit the best, most qualified candidate.

Thing is, changing the Manager won't make the slightest difference. It's a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Davis is a wank and things on the park won't improve greatly under him.

Until we get rid of the current regime the agony is set to continue.

The club is literally limping by on a month to month basis and needs to find money to simply survive and people still think we are in a position to be able to rip the entire infrastructure up and basically start again? <cr>

In the long term, yes it's what we need, but right now we need somebody who can simply restore a bit of credibility to the first team and get them playing again. I have certain reservations about Davies, I've been open about them over the past week or so, but of all the people being linked he's easily the best of a bad bunch and is undoubtedly an improvement on who's there just now.

Happy with this especially if it is till the end of the season. He is a manager who knows his stuff and I think he could get us moving again especially in the short term. I would like us to appoint a HOF then let him be involved in picking a new long term manager where it has been open for applications appoint a new director of youth and get them all moving the whole football from youth to first team in the right direction of a modern football organisation. But Davis in the interim for me is fine

Aye, Dennis fuckin Wise.

Wouldn't be happy with that either, I didn't mean we should hire Ashley's choice, just more the case that Davies wouldn't be his first name that popped into his head..

Just wish we could do things the sensible way and invite applicants, there could be someone out there who's talented and possibly out of our league, but they fancy having our return to the top league and Europe on their CV.

Thing is, changing the Manager won't make the slightest difference. It's a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Davis is a wank and things on the park won't improve greatly under him.

Until we get rid of the current regime the agony is set to continue.

Well that's bullshit, so if the owners changed Ally would suddenly become the next Sir Alex. :lol:

Well that's bullshit, so if the owners changed Ally would suddenly become the next Sir Alex. :lol:

Erm,,,, no.

McCoist has failed as Manager of Rangers.

But we need change at the very top - that's where the cancer within the club lies.