I gave my all for the Club

Canabear

I think he is finally getting the message now.

THE Rangers manager started his 12-month notice period last week and insists he's happy for fans to have an opinion on his managerial skills but tells them they can't deny that he gave his all.

ALLY McCOIST has told Rangers fans to judge him as harshly as they like – but don’t ever deny he gave their club everything.

The Ibrox boss opened up yesterday on his decision to invoke his 12-month notice period and revealed he had been contemplating his future for weeks.

He insists he is happy to see out his contract but his future is set to be resolved after Monday’s agm at Ibrox, which threatens to be explosive.

Rangers trail Hearts by nine points at the top of the championship and the Gorgie club have a game in hand at Cowdenbeath on Tuesday night.

McCoist’s team have come in for mounting criticism after a string of poor results and displays, including a Petrofac Cup semi-final lost a two-goal lead at Alloa.

McCoist said: “Everyone will have a different opinion but the only thing that matters is the Rangers fans felt I did everything for them and the club.

“People will have 
different opinions on my 
management skills and techniques but I’d hope that even the people who are justified in criticising me would appreciate the mistakes I have made have been honest ones.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when your best falls far short of the standards required for the club you love, and your best is hurtling us towards another year in this league, and your best is so bad it keeps tens of thousands away............

Thats when a rangers man would do the right thing and walk now.

Thats when this dud hangs around to collect the rest of his 3/4 million instead.

Even he can't believe this shit.

If he cared about the club at all, he'd have held his hands up at least two years ago and handed the reins over to someone who could take the club forward.

He wouldn't have stayed, making a bad situation worse and kept trousering an obscene amount of money from a club that is skint.

He doesn't give a fuck about the club or you or me. He only cares about himself.

Ally as a footballer you are a legend, but you seriously need to look at yourself in the mirror. As football Manager of Rangers FC you have let the fans and the club down, yes you stayed and fought for our club when we went to admin, which we do appreciate, but the football has been woeful with absolutely no improvement in standards since starting back in the bottom division, this season especially we have gone backwards even todays game showed very little improvement on recent weeks, you might have found some things to chuckle about on the touchline today but I'm afraid watching that game I didn't apart from when some joker nominated Aird as man of the match. Ally please don't drag this out leave as soon as possible or you will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Let's leave the player bit to one side - I don't think there's any disputing his status as a player.

But as a manager? Well there is absolutely no one I know or can think of who is earning c£750k or more a year who would still be in a job having been given the facilities, board backing - yes he has had board backing with the money made available to him - and the players he has available to him and still made such a resounding mess as he has made in the league this season. And we are barely at the half way point in the league. It could actually get worse - there is no certainty or even firm hint that it might improve.

In any other industry in any other job a person on that salary with this current seasons track record of abject failure in the league and the single most important objective of winning the Championship all but gone - the person responsible would have either been sacked or had the grace to realise the failure and walk. But not at Rangers. We appear to have a Manager intent on robbing the Support of any credible notion of putting out a team to win promotion. A Manager who appears to be fated to lead a team that persistently lets the Support down and does not appear to know what to do about it. A Manager who in robbing the Support is pocketing the financial gains, while others at Ibrox have come under the axe of redundancy.

We have the makings of a Jekyll and Hyde situation. The Hyde version is to the fore these days and if this unrelenting super-spiv greed and a failing team goes on a lot longer the Hyde version will become the dominant memory over the Jekyll version.