First Old Firm You Attended?

G.E.C.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers 3-2 in December 2002.

Sutton scored after about 20 seconds but we rallied round and were 3-1 up at HT. Mols, DeBoer and Moore got the goals IIRC.

I remember that game I got up to grab a beer just as we kicked off, when I came back through I thought it was maybe a replay from an earlier game until I saw my old mans face haha

I believe my first was the 2-2 game at Ibrox where Woods and McAvennie were sent off for belting each other with their handbags and Roberts conducted the crowd after going in goal, and Butcher was sent off after McKnight acted like a cunt. It's certainly the first I remember being at.

Fucking great game. Recovering from 2 down to draw despite playing 9 v 10!! That's what you call spirit!!!

The last minute Gough goal is my first memory of utter madness in terms of celebrations.

17/10/1987.

Think it was 1978 or 1979 league cup SF at Hampden. We won 3-2 after ET and sure it was a Casey OG that may have won it for us.My dad's mate got us tickets beside him in the old wooden South Stand.....pity his mate was one of them! My dad had to hold me down as I remember a whiskey bottle getting thrown when our winner went in or we got a pen. Not sure which one. Fear and glass bottles! You can say I was hooked after that point :)

Rangers 3-2 in December 2002.

Sutton scored after about 20 seconds but we rallied round and were 3-1 up at HT. Mols, DeBoer and Moore got the goals IIRC.

I was running late for that one, I just got in the stadium as it was kicking off and thought, "brilliant I made it". My arse had barely touched the seat.... at least it turned out well :7325:

League Cup Final 1965. We lost 2-1 with John Hughes scoring twice, both penalties, and Young (o.g.) scoring the other. Bizarre decision from McKinnon to catch the ball; second penalty was definitely a dive by Jimmy Johnstone. Billy Ritchie played well in goal. Felt I was a jinx so I left Scotland shortly after.

Senior Citizen Loyal.

League Cup Final 1965. We lost 2-1 with John Hughes scoring twice, both penalties, and Young (o.g.) scoring the other. Bizarre decision from McKinnon to catch the ball; second penalty was definitely a dive by Jimmy Johnstone. Billy Ritchie played well in goal. Felt I was a jinx so I left Scotland shortly after.

Senior Citizen Loyal.

I was there scarface Phillips was the referee