Great Players You Saw At Ibrox But Have Kinda Been Forgotten

tannerall

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing George Best play against us at Ibrox when he was at Hibs.

I remember that game.Best was just about to take a corner when a beer can landed at his feet,he picked it up,gave it a shake then tossed it aside as if disapointed there was nothing in it :D

Oops,thread way off track. Have edited first post.

I meant non-Rangers players (especially foreign) who you liked at the time, and were fortunate to see in the flesh at Ibrox, and have been kind of forgotten.

Here's another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCUTwOqJeVo

Wow!!!

When I read the thread heading, his was the first name that came into my head.

That night that Valencia toyed with us at Ibrox, he was untouchable.

Kempes,rightly,gets most of the plaudits but Bonhof was a Rolls Royce of a performer as well.

He was to good for the team - I remember when Durrant made his come back and him and milo started ripping teams apart but Durrants come back did not last long ( not did Miko) oh and remember when Durrant made his come back in the reserves and over 20,000 turned up to watch the RESERVE game!

i remember George Best at Hibs as well,

oh and BP9, i'm pretty sure it was well over 40,000 for Durrants comeback game.

Forgot to mention Marcos Senna for Villareal, who was the reason I was gonna post in this thread! Also I remember Sinisa Mihajlovic (sp), Serbian guy for Inter. Would have been near the end of his career by the time we saw him in 05, but he was one of the best set piece takers I've ever seen! Think he was a good player in his day. Anyone know the guy I mean?