David Templeton

Gaz52

The boy made the biggest mistake of his career coming to Rangers. We paid to bring one of Scotland's hottest prospects to Ibrox to sit on the bench & fail to develop, if anything he's went backwards.

The McCoist legacy is going to burn us for a long time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had plenty of chances but never seen a player at any level so careless with the ball despite his obvious talent. Barry mckay was farmed out to gain experience but temps is so naive it's untrue. You can't beat three men every time you get the ball and then expect your team mates to bust their assess getting it back only for you to do it again.

It's the result of virtually no training, and poor levels of fitness exercises, an adherence to the opinion of togetherness being developed by drinking, having a laugh, and being able to do what the fuck you want, and that this was the most important thing. More important than technical or fitness training.

How can any ambitious non-fan player be happy at our club?

Anyone who follows my posts on here, I doubt there's many, but you never know, would know I'm Templetons biggest fan, I've been calling for him to get a run for god knows how long, when he has played however, he hasn't done enough to keep his place I'm afraid to say.

But, we know what he's capable of, he's low on confidence and in turn, his form is suffering. He needs a manager willing to work with him and build a team around his traits. Him and Wallace where the only out and out attacking threat we had in the 3rd and some of the 2nd, they linked up so well.

A couple of niggling injuries and a bad run of games, he's suddenly a bad player and gets dropped, Aird, Shiels, Smith all ahead of him in the pecking order? it's criminal that these players offer us nothing yet get picked ahead of Temps who offers us exactly what we need and what fans like to see, directness, going past players and looking to make things happen. Same goes for Mckay. Macleod, Mckay and Temps in the third where our best players, we've punted one on loan, sold the other and refused to stick by Temps when he's been having a bad spell.

Why do players like Foster, Smith, Aird, Black, Jig etc not get dropped after countless bad games, Temps has a bad spell and is on the bench for months.

Kenny would rather we lost 2-0 than go for it and lose more goals.

Spineless.

Starting line up against Celtic in the League cup final, we went 4-4-2, we went for it. Now I know we dont have the players we had then but we still have players capable of playing that system. It looks like some things wont change until Mcdowall is away which won't be any time soon...

Starting line up against Celtic in the League cup final, we went 4-4-2, we went for it. Now I know we dont have the players we had then but we still have players capable of playing that system. It looks like some things wont change until Mcdowall is away which won't be any time soon...

Yesterday we set up not to get spanked, by doing so we also set up not to attack.

Playing a 35/36 year old Kenny Miller as lone striker was never going to end well.

Should have started with Daly up front but hindsight is a marvellous thing.

Well punted balls up to Daly would be more suited you would think, having a over the hill Miller try to catch and hold up the long punts was comical.

It's quite clear we do fuck all at training these days, everyone has downed tools by the looks of it and are using the of field shite as an excuse.

We had no intentions of attacking yesterday but in the second half when we looked a tiny bit threatening you could see their defenders starting to panic and it makes you wonder why we didn't do that from the get-go, could have been a very different game.

I would like to see some youth getting a run of games temps one side Gallagher on the other and clark up front with Daly, Jigs on the bench and maybe the french lad in at least would add pace to the side and give us width.

This is what we have been crying out to happen for a long time now, make the under performing "experienced" players sit on the bench and give the youngsters a chance! I'm led to believe Luca Gasparotto has been a stand out at Airdrie,get him back, in fact, get the loanees all back and start moulding them into a unit now, something that should have been done 3 years ago.

Anyone who follows my posts on here, I doubt there's many, but you never know, would know I'm Templetons biggest fan, I've been calling for him to get a run for god knows how long, when he has played however, he hasn't done enough to keep his place I'm afraid to say.

But, we know what he's capable of, he's low on confidence and in turn, his form is suffering. He needs a manager willing to work with him and build a team around his traits. Him and Wallace where the only out and out attacking threat we had in the 3rd and some of the 2nd, they linked up so well.

A couple of niggling injuries and a bad run of games, he's suddenly a bad player and gets dropped, Aird, Shiels, Smith all ahead of him in the pecking order? it's criminal that these players offer us nothing yet get picked ahead of Temps who offers us exactly what we need and what fans like to see, directness, going past players and looking to make things happen. Same goes for Mckay. Macleod, Mckay and Temps in the third where our best players, we've punted one on loan, sold the other and refused to stick by Temps when he's been having a bad spell.

Why do players like Foster, Smith, Aird, Black, Jig etc not get dropped after countless bad games, Temps has a bad spell and is on the bench for months.

I don't think Mcoist took to kindly to his girlfriend posting the karaoke picture.

And as you say he is a confidence player. A good man manager would know how to handle him. When to protect and encourage him and when to boot his backside. I seem to recall a certain Davie Cooper playing a good 3 or 4 mediocre games then one game of brilliance. While Templeton is nowhere near Cooper in terms of talent he is the one player we have capable of winning a game on his own.

I also don't think he is a winger. I see him more in a central role playing off a striker or strikers. He has good close control and can strike a ball. Again i am making comparisons but i see some similarities to Scholes.

Bottom line though is there is a clique and if you're not in it then you are not going to get a regular game.

Well punted balls up to Daly would be more suited you would think, having a over the hill Miller try to catch and hold up the long punts was comical.

It's quite clear we do fuck all at training these days, everyone has downed tools by the looks of it and are using the of field shite as an excuse.

The 2 or 3 we did launch at Daly stuck.

maybe he is happy sitting on the bench taking the dosh? he wont be the first player to sacrifice career for money. Look at Vladamir Wiess out in arabland.

Weiss is clearly out there making a mint so he can come back to us on the cheap

:lol:

I don't think Mcoist took to kindly to his girlfriend posting the karaoke picture.

And as you say he is a confidence player. A good man manager would know how to handle him. When to protect and encourage him and when to boot his backside. I seem to recall a certain Davie Cooper playing a good 3 or 4 mediocre games then one game of brilliance. While Templeton is nowhere near Cooper in terms of talent he is the one player we have capable of winning a game on his own.

I also don't think he is a winger. I see him more in a central role playing off a striker or strikers. He has good close control and can strike a ball. Again i am making comparisons but i see some similarities to Scholes.

Bottom line though is there is a clique and if you're not in it then you are not going to get a regular game.

Agreed about him playing behind the striker (tu) have said the same perviously. I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 played properly, with Temps in any of the front three positions behind the striker.

I remember that pic, I also heard a rumour Temps was pretty upset about it and asked her to take it down, which it was. I can understand why McCoist would be annoyed, mainly because he had been caught out as the imposter he is, but to blame Temps for something outwith his control would be childish to say the least. He let himself and every Rangers fan down that day.

Temps, if he's willing to stick around, could be our biggest player. I hope he realises this, and under a new gaffer, he'd benefit and would get back to doing what he does best.