Players You Wanted To See At Rangers That Ended Up With Us

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I ALWAYS wanted him to sign for us, but couldn't believe it when kanchelskis (probably wrong spelling) signed. Was in the Cally Bar in Tenerife with a few bears we met when they told us. Allways wanted Robbie Fowler & Alan Smith to sign, but they never did even though they were fans of ours.

Remember going to East End Park on a Wednesday night back in the late 80's . We won , what could have been a tricky match , quite convincingly 4-1 , I think.

Anyway , their No10 was a stand out and remember looking up his name the next day. Ian McColl it was . A few months later , Souness did sign him , and though it didn't quite work out for him , he's one of the few players that's impressed me when playing against us.

Colin Stein for me

I was a wee boy then. I remember my big brother putting the back page of the Sunday Mail or Post up on our bedroom door. A picture of Stein heading a goal a Easter Road. "Stein nods and Rangers wake up after 11 years". Why 11 years sticks in my head I don't know but it does. First £100,000 signing in Scotland. Pink times outside Ibrox after the games and my Dad giving me the poster from the middle for my room. Great memories.