Rangers Scoring Direct From A Corner.

tannerall

How many Rangers players have scored direct from a corner ?

I remember Davie Cooper's first goal at Ibrox clearly.

Was a youngster then and we used to choose to go down to the front of the terrace corner, so we could see the players and the goals close up. (As got older would go higher up the terrace to get a better view of the whole game and be in the better atmosphere).

So was literally 10 yards away watching him as he curled the corner right in the goal.

Players often tried to score direct from corners then, and can recall Cooper trying it quite a few times and I think i might have seen Tommy McLean do it and possibly Graham Fyfe ?

Those kind of swung in direct corners got good results usually, and Mclean and Cooper were experts. Don't recall them only hitting the first defender ever.

They supplied quite a number of goals too for the likes of Johnstone, Parlane and Jackson, often in big games.

Not like the present team whose corner kicks seem to end up closer to our own half than the goal.

Have you seen a Rangers goal direct from a corner ?

How many Rangers players have scored direct from a corner ?

I remember Davie Cooper's first goal at Ibrox clearly.

Was a youngster then and we used to choose to go down to the front of the terrace corner, so we could see the players and the goals close up. (As got older would go higher up the terrace to get a better view of the whole game and be in the better atmosphere).

So was literally 10 yards away watching him as he curled the corner right in the goal.

Players often tried to score direct from corners then, and can recall Cooper trying it quite a few times and I think i might have seen Tommy McLean do it and possibly Graham Fyfe ?

Those kind of swung in direct corners got good results usually, and Mclean and Cooper were experts. Don't recall them only hitting the first defender ever.

The supplied quite a number of goals too for the likes of Johnstone, Parlane and Jackson, often in big games.

Not like the present team whose corner kicks seem to end up closer to our own half than the goal.

Have you seen a Rangers goal direct from a corner ?

My mind might be playing tricks, but didn't Charlie Adam manage it?

Remember a game against Motherwell back in late 70's / early 80's in midweek at Ibrox .

Nothing exceptional in it , other than Davie Cooper scored direct from a corner. Not to be outdone , a while later wee Tommy McLean did the same thing. Ended up winning 3-0 .

Remember a game against Motherwell back in late 70's / early 80's in midweek at Ibrox .

Nothing exceptional in it , other than Davie Cooper scored direct from a corner. Not to be outdone , a while later wee Tommy McLean did the same thing. Ended up winning 3-0 .

I thought i remembered that, but got it confused with the first time Cooper did it at Ibrox, hence the topic. Cheers. (tu)

Was that the game against Motherwell in midweek when a gas cannister exploded in the burger place at the back of the Copland Road Terrace, and a lot of fans (including me) spilled on the park ? Initially we though it was a bomb, but when we found out it was okay we just jumped in to the centenary stand for the rest of the game.

I thought i remembered that, but got it confused with the first time Cooper did it at Ibrox, hence the topic. Cheers. (tu)

Was that the game against Motherwell in midweek when a gas cannister exploded in the burger place at the back of the Copland Road Terrace, and a lot of fans (including me) spilled on the park ? Initially we though it was a bomb, but when we found out it was okay we just jumped in to the centenary stand for the rest of the game.

Defo a midweek game , I was usually in the enclosure in those days , but don't remember the gas canister incident or the spillage onto the park. It was a pretty mundane game other than two goals direct from corners. Both at the Broomloan end .