Has Our Situation Made It Impossible For Youth To Flourish?

most of the youth aren't up to standard anyway.

Robinson v simonsen

Murdoch and telfer v black and law.

Halkett or gasparatto v jigg.

Gal or mackay v miller

Hardie v daly or boyd.

Sinamon? V foster.

We just dont know about the youth because they're never given a run.

Not sure this is anything other than stubbornness by the duds one and two.

Yet we do know the undropables are shite cos we see them week in week out regardless.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Detest this attitude. How do any of us know what the players would have been like with the right coaching and 50+ first team games under their belt. Macleod and Telfer turned out good, there you go central midfield sorted, Murdoch seems decent also. The trouble is trying to throw them in now when the best opportunity has left us. We send out players on loan for experience as we can't risk playing them in the top division, well we were in the bottom division a few years back, what did we have to lose playing Alexander, Wallace, mcculloch and possibly another experienced player for good measure along with the youth players we had at the time.

They might not be world beaters but I'm sure they'd be Alloa or Raith rovers beaters.

detest it all you like, it's true. They got farmed out at the start of the season and haven't been shining above the other players they played beside in lesser teams.

Robinson v simonsen

Murdoch and telfer v black and law.

Halkett or gasparatto v jigg.

Gal or mackay v miller

Hardie v daly or boyd.

Sinamon? V foster.

We just dont know about the youth because they're never given a run.

Not sure this is anything other than stubbornness by the duds one and two.

Yet we do not the undropables are shite cos we see them week in week out regardless.

Agree with what you say except robinson isn't a youth player, he was a number of years ago. Swap this with Liam Kelly and I agree with the post

Here are my solutions to make progress:

1) Get a coaching team in who can coach.

2) Training will be from 0900 to 1200 & 1300 to 1600 - Morning session fitness training - afternoon session honing skills you would expect from a pro footballer (free kicks, corners, crosses, passing and tactical awareness)

3) Anybody over weight reduced to half pay until they get there weight sorted, if not out the door after six months (written into their contracts).

4) No player talks to the press (Head coach and Captain only) fed up listening to p*** about how upset they are.

Not the be all and end all but a start to get a bit of pride back into our team.

detest it all you like, it's true. They got farmed out at the start of the season and haven't been shining above the other players they played beside in lesser teams.

So I suppose Telfer wasn't good enough either? The management have missed out there so why should I believe in their judgement with the rest? This management setup tried to buy success and take the easy route, they wouldn't take a risk on youth players anyway whether they could see they had potential or not. Once again the fact that Crawford didn't set the heather alight at Morton doesn't mean that had he played a full season in division 3 and 2 that he'd be as he is now.

My point is some of the players could have done a turn for us, some wouldn't but if we never tried then how will we ever know? Saying they aren't up to standard is a total cop out, I agree though that saying they would all have been great is also flawed, there was a middle ground somewhere using common sense to blend experience and our best youth we had to offer. Also doing this would show promising youngsters Rangers were a good choice to progress your career, instead we lose the likes of Telfer to a team that plays youngsters and also plays a better style of football.

People forget quickly when we were in the lowest division in Scotland. I dont remember any youths setting the heather on fire frankly and some of them had a good few games. 1 lad have a decent time of it a DU doesn't really equate to a "lets go with the youths policy".

I am not fan of Mccoist but he had a look at the youths 3 years ago and decided most were not good enough. I haven't really seen anything to suggest he was wrong. That being the case there is something wrong with our youth system setup, because we have nothing to show since Alan Hutton. I believe we should have a youth team that can compete at the Scottish Championship level - if we dont then the youths are not good enough and the system selecting and coaching them has failed.

People forget quickly when we were in the lowest division in Scotland. I dont remember any youths setting the heather on fire frankly and some of them had a good few games. 1 lad have a decent time of it a DU doesn't really equate to a "lets go with the youths policy".

I am not fan of Mccoist but he had a look at the youths 3 years ago and decided most were not good enough. I haven't really seen anything to suggest he was wrong. That being the case there is something wrong with our youth system setup, because we have nothing to show since Alan Hutton. I believe we should have a youth team that can compete at the Scottish Championship level - if we dont then the youths are not good enough and the system selecting and coaching them has failed.

I never once expected youths to set the heather on fire, however had we approached it right we'd probably still be where we are, but we had significantly more money than we do now and can you say that a midfield of Macleod and Telfer would be worse than black and law? These sort of comparisons would have been all over the park, they couldn't have been worse than our current offering, they'd have cost us less and we'd have sent out a clear message that we will give youth a go, prompting the promising youngsters given the choice to choose Rangers over the others.

I never once expected youths to set the heather on fire, however had we approached it right we'd probably still be where we are, but we had significantly more money than we do now and can you say that a midfield of Macleod and Telfer would be worse than black and law? These sort of comparisons would have been all over the park, they couldn't have been worse than our current offering, they'd have cost us less and we'd have sent out a clear message that we will give youth a go, prompting the promising youngsters given the choice to choose Rangers over the others.

thats just christmas card messaging based on hindsight and hope. Theres not a poster on here didn't think Law and Black were great signings at the time.

Instead of Mccoist waisting money on big wages when we were in 3rd division that's when our youth should have been deployed and built themselves up with every league they played in and then when we hit the championship we could have had a bit of dosh to build on the team.

I think our youth were good enough for div 3, gasporotto plays with canada, stoney plays with scotland u17. Tefler is doing well with utd and theres more.A few youths with experienced players in Div3 would have been a great education and by now they would have been playing a few seasons and be settled. But instead we sold and sent out on loan the kids and bought over priced players who don't give a fuck.

In answer to the OP I'd say our situation has not made it impossible for our young players to flourish and I still don't think it's impossible as things stand. The only barrier preventing them from flourishing right now is Kenny McDowall and previously Ally.

Of course we should have done this when we were in division 3 but that boat has well and truly sailed. That said I think it's probably easier for our youths to flourish now, if they are ever given a chance. It's still not too late.

It may well be that some, even all are not good enough but despite not being an expert on our youth players there must be some quality there. Telfer clearly has ability but for some unknown reason never got a look in. I'd suggest there may be more like him and Murdoch showed more in his cameo than most midfielders have all season.

Our current team are embarrassing and we have come to accept how bad we are and possibly even began to hate some of our players. That's how bad things are. I think however if the young boys were given a chance We'd all get behind them and show the upmost patience. This is not a situation in the past where we had the likes of Ross, Malcolm, Presley, Nicholson, Shields etc struggling in a better team at a better level. We are a poor team with very little expectation sadly and that in a bizarre way would, in my opinion make it an ideal time to blood the youngsters. Things really can't get any worse And at the very least I believe these boys would get our full backing.

thats just christmas card messaging based on hindsight and hope. Theres not a poster on here didn't think Law and Black were great signings at the time.

Belittle my comments all you want. I was optimistic for us rebuilding as a different type of club that lived within our means. Id be lying if I said I thought all of the signings were bad as there were ones I agreed with. The extent to which mccoist did it though in particular this is summer brining in all the ex players was a complete disgrace.manyone with a brain could see Boyd and co were only a short term "solution" whether they had been more successful than they are now or not.

I did think black was a good signing at thee time, but that's not to say I'd have done that and gone on to buy cribari, faure,argiriou, Kyle, sandaza, Stella, peralta etc. if you read what I and others have said, youth blended in with experience was the way to go, with 4/5 experienced players with the rest being youth. If I stated that we should have played 11 youth players and we'd have a man united class of 92 type team then I'd be expecting to receive peters and rightly so.

Face facts that we missed a chance to try something different and wouldn't be left in such a sorry state of affairs.

In 2012 we did play a majority of young players.

Hindsight just showed they weren't good enough.

So because the players aren't the finished article after one season they are deemed not good enough? Did we not win the league? Also, in order for it to work correctly we'd need a decent manager and coaching staff. We didn't and don't have that so I. Afraid whatever players actually do have the potential to go far are going to go amiss just as Telfer has.

In 2012 we did play a majority of young players.

Hindsight just showed they weren't good enough.

That 2012 team would shag the current team. Plus, I'm sure many would agree in saying the likes of Sinnamon, Murdoch, Gallagher etc are better than Kal Naismith, Hegarty and Perry.

We could have played a team consisting of 7 or 8 teenagers (McLeod, Telfer, McKay, Perry, Murdoch, Aird, and Mitchell) with 3 experienced players max, and win division 3 and even division 2 at a canter. It would have taken quite a bit of coaching to develop them but it would have been do-able This would have put us in a great position financially and we would have a promising youthful team going into the championship and premier league. Unfortunately we had a fat useless wanker in charge who was too lazy to do it the hard way and chose to do it the easy way instead whilst getting paid a fortune.

He has put us back about 6 years and people who still regard him as a legend need their heads checked.

That 2012 team would shag the current team. Plus, I'm sure many would agree in saying the likes of Sinnamon, Murdoch, Gallagher etc are better than Kal Naismith, Hegarty and Perry.

Of course we'd say that. We've barely seen Sinnamon, Murdoch, Gallagher etc and saw plenty of Kal, Hegarty, Perry, Macleod, Aird etc

That's the way it works on here.

Nah we need at least 15-17 players to challenge in the top flight, how much is that going to cost us?

Folk think we are only a few decent players away from giving it a go but a reality check is needed. This shower of bastards couldn't even win a fish n chips cup and have been spanked by two teams just out of Admin 3 ort 4 times now.

We don't have time, fans are staying away and we are bleeding money. A long stint without Euro football or even top flight football will damage us badly.

We're not 17 players away from challenging in the top flight, probably 7 or 8. Most of them would be frees, or very close to it. The players below are good enough to make up an spl squad. And who knows if a couple of the young players below were actually given game time they might develop in to quality players.

Bell

Sinnamon

McGregor

Wallace

Law

Templeton

Murdoch

Gallagher

Clark

Hardie

You've also got a few other guys from the current squad who aren't out of contract who we'll still have, such as Shiels etc.

We could have played a team consisting of 7 or 8 teenagers (McLeod, Telfer, McKay, Perry, Murdoch, Aird, and Mitchell) with 3 experienced players max, and win division 3 and even division 2 at a canter.

Besides Telfer and Murdoch(who made his debut that season), we did just that. Also playing guys like Hegarty and Crawford too.