Charles Green

UnionMen

Amazes me that so many fans get so worked up about a guy who you could tell was a wheeler-dealer and in it for the money from day one. Would you not be directing your anger at the men who profess to love the club but baulked at splashing the cash to keep the likes of Grren out.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He never denied that he'd met him to buy his shares off him, he didn't go into the full detail about how he shafted Whyte but that's hardly surprising. There's no doubt we've been unlucky with the calibre of people involved at boardroom/ownership level, but I still don't buy that they're all connected as part of a grand conspiracy going back years.

Of course he did and that's an example of something he got wrong, although by all accounts Green didn't intend to allow 9 players to come in that summer hence why he and McCoist fell out.

It just all seems too convenient to me.

I have many times condemned things that I believe he did wrong.

It's not me that keeps making threads about Green almost two years after he's left. :D

Tbf it's because his stink still lingers in the form of those he left us to.

I can empathise. Looks like there's going to be a fair few years of Ally threads in the future. :craphead:

Not too clued up about this kind of stuff but when Green took over was he not backed by faceless consortiums, What did these 'investors' invest in Rangers? I thought the plan was to put money into the club and when we are succesful take it back out with a wee profit. Instead it seems the plan was to get control of the club and hope someone with big bucks would come in and buy them out. Cunts the lot of them.

Not too clued up about this kind of stuff but when Green took over was he not backed by faceless consortiums, What did these 'investors' invest in Rangers? I thought the plan was to put money into the club and when we are succesful take it back out with a wee profit. Instead it seems the plan was to get control of the club and hope someone with big bucks would come in and buy them out. Cunts the lot of them.

I think for many of the investors the plan was the first of these options. Unfortunately, we spent so much money over the last two years, bankrolled by the investors, that most of them now seem happy to cut their losses.

Was their plan really to get into the top division without going into the transfer market at any stage Apart fom 750.000 we paid for Templeton at the start we have not bought anybody, Bad plan

Why buy players when you can buy castles?

More than a whiff of the douchebag/turd sandwich about this debate CB, and I'm a big fan of your posts normally.

Once Murray scarpered we were assured of admin, including the loss of everything not nailed down. So the cost of what followed has to go in the mint's column. We're really comparing the manner in which Whyte behaved (plus a few million tops) versus the tens of millions Green 'diverted'.

Whyte's a shite for sure, but money is handily denominated in a way that makes it simple to compare the two sides. While we don't have anywhere near enough info for a definitive answer, I'd feel confident in asserting that in the final reckoning, Green & his partners snaffled multiples of Whyte n' co's final haul.

Surely his jolly Yorkshire disposition doesn't sway your opinion?

I agree mate they are all cunts but I have a special hatred for Whyte.

Amazes me that so many fans get so worked up about a guy who you could tell was a wheeler-dealer and in it for the money from day one. Would you not be directing your anger at the men who profess to love the club but baulked at splashing the cash to keep the likes of Grren out.

yup. If someone is in it for the money then u are at least dealing with them on an open professional business basis. Unlike snakes who profess their love for the club, influencing the support against u so u give them what they want.

All these guys have damaged our Club and look to be happy to destroy our reputation in order to achieve their own ends. Murray (take your pick), Whyte, Green, King, Ashley, McCoist, the Players... All culpable... Some far more damaging than others.

They are all a disgrace. Ashley clearly sees it as no more than a balance sheet exercise. Even the so called Rangers men have treated the Club as no more than a collection of assets. Starve the Club of funds, drive down the share price... But at what cost to our History and Values.

So what are we left with. A near empty Ibrox, a team of over paid prima donnas beaten by a hardworking Raith Rovers, a constantly apologising Manager who has made it clear he doesn't want the job but is only staying to take his wages, a Board the haven't the guts to watch.. Whilst our other Manager on Gardening Leave takes his £750k with some taking the view he is doing this for the best interests of the Club. I really do not see how we can drop any further.

Someone needs to take responsibility quickly or this Club is finished.

This has never been discussed right enough.

He actually didn't get the car park and nobody else offered more.

It was a carve up from the start. Duff & Phelps, Craig White, Charles Green, Ashley. They're all in cahoots.

It'll all come out eventually. Maybe a decade down the line, but it will come out none the less.

It was a carve up from the start. Duff & Phelps, Craig White, Charles Green, Ashley. They're all in cahoots.

It'll all come out eventually. Maybe a decade down the line, but it will come out none the less.

A total cunt...

To find ourselves in this position after all we went through....Green is to blame. Wonderful soundbites from him that got us all excited. He should hold his head in shame, to start a fresh with no debt, 45k gates minimum every week etc and now to be where we are now. There has been a long line of fuck ups that have shamed our name over the last few years. whyte No1 this bellend No2.

His legacy lives on and continues to cripple our club.

He was in charge when at the bottom of Scottish football our board indulged in a bonus culture burning through our cash reserves in 12 months.

He sold his shares and gifted his proxies to the incompetent chuckle brothers.

Last, but not least, he offered MA everything and anything while letting him choose the price to get another million into the coffers to pay him and his pals.

Aye. Thanks Charles Green. Thanks for being the face of an investment consortium. Thanks for fooling us all. Thanks for 'saving us', ya wee rat cunt!

Thats only the tip of the iceberg.

All avenues lead to that ratbag