Charles Green

UnionMen

Can't help but feel this shyster & spiv gets off somewhat lightly. The mess we are in right now, blame can be portioned out to a number of villains but he must be up their as 1 of the main instigators.

I remember him telling the fans no single individual would ever own Rangers again, as if his cloak & dagger approach of spreading around small share holdings to faceless consortiums is any way to run a business let alone a fucking football club.

There has always been 1 question i've never seen even come close to being answered with regards to Charles Green however...

How the fuck do you buy Rangers Football Club with no debt, for £5.5m? For that he got:

1. Intellectual Property (the name, club badge, the brand if you like, worth multiple times 5.5m in itself).

2. Ibrox Stadium

3. The car park

4. Murray Park

5. A playing Squad & other staff

5.5 million. Wouldn't get you a studio flat in London.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He setup a new company to run the club whick took place over the old holding company,easy.

No, Duff & Phelps sold him the club (the assets, or business or whatever you want to call it) for 5.5m. The CVA offer was 8.5m. The 3m discount was to reflect the uncertainty of liquidation which meant transferring the SFA & SPL membership across which was a gamble.

But even stiil...

Just think about it for a second.

Rangers Football Club for sale, with a fresh start, no debt, the stadium, the staff, the business & Murray Park. 5.5m?

Can't help but feel this shyster & spiv gets off somewhat lightly. The mess we are in right now, blame can be portioned out to a number of villains but he must be up their as 1 of the main instigators.

I remember him telling the fans no single individual would ever own Rangers again, as if his cloak & dagger approach of spreading around small share holdings to faceless consortiums is any way to run a business let alone a fucking football club.

There has always been 1 question i've never seen even come close to being answered with regards to Charles Green however...

How the fuck do you buy Rangers Football Club with no debt, for £5.5m? For that he got:

1. Intellectual Property (the name, club badge, the brand if you like, worth multiple times 5.5m in itself).

2. Ibrox Stadium

3. The car park

4. Murray Park

He is up there with Whyte .Guys I want to see witnessing a Samurai

No, Duff & Phelps sold him the club (the assets, or business or whatever you want to call it) for 5.5m. The CVA offer was 8.5m. The 3m discount was to reflect the uncertainty of liquidation which meant transferring the SFA & SPL membership across which was a gamble.

But even stiil...

Just think about it for a second.

Rangers Football Club for sale, with a fresh start, no debt, the stadium, the staff, the business & Murray Park. 5.5m?

So why didn't tbk offer more and try harder to get it

Another good question.

Well it's all so easy to lay the blame at greens door for him getting a steal. But he was the only.one that stumped up the hard stuff. Even tbk supposedly only banked on a CVA, if they had the balls to have a plan of new co route that others could see was required then we might not have encountered green and co. But it doesn't actually prove that the running of the Green could have been any different, possibly even worse

Green craved to be loved by the fans, he got caught up in it and made a complete cunt of things.

No one takes over Whyte as no 1 cunt though.

Murray is Cuntmaster General.

Second is Green, who scuppered our revival.

Whyte, admittedly the most instantly dislikeable of the three, is a distant third in the cuntery stakes. All he did was go through the pockets of the body Murray left bleeding in the street.

2. Ibrox Stadium

3. The car park

4. Murray Park

Would you rather it was more, given it was actually purchased from a loan which is now owed by the club.

Green took a lot in profit after his original bargain purchase but he came in when no one else did and we might not be here today if he hadnt! He was the only one to look at the books, take a gamble and said everything required across the planet to get the fans onside and he did that very well, it was all bull obviously but he seemed to get hooked and looked to be loving all the interaction. I think he gets off lightly because he took the gamble at the most horrible of times in our history.

I'd love King and T3B to explain why they didnt take the gamble back then when we were going for pennies as it was at that time we need someone claiming to be a Rangers man!! Its one of the many reasons why I dont particularly trust some of these Rangers men now as they were invisible when they were needed most and ever since its just been all words and chest thumping!

Green took a lot in profit after his original bargain purchase but he came in when no one else did and we might not be here today if he hadnt! He was the only one to look at the books, take a gamble and said everything required across the planet to get the fans onside and he did that very well, it was all bull obviously but he seemed to get hooked and looked to be loving all the interaction. I think he gets off lightly because he took the gamble at the most horrible of times in our history.

I'd love King and T3B to explain why they didnt take the gamble back then when we were going for pennies as it was at that time we need someone claiming to be a Rangers man!! Its one of the many reasons why I dont particularly trust some of these Rangers men now as they were invisible when they were needed most and ever since its just been all words and chest thumping!

Are you forgetting D&P are up in court for fraud, I'm hoping for some answers to what went on.

And as regards to King his money was tied up with his tax battle.

Honestly can't believe some put Green before Whyte in the cunt stakes, crazy thinking.

Probably too early to properly evaluate the damage either caused. Too much still to unravel sadly.

But lots of the acts ascribed to Whyte are more correctly laid at Murray's door, in that they would've happened whoever followed mad minty's reign of mismanagement.

Bought us out of admin, raised millions.

Obviously he got things badly wrong as well

When buying us for way below our value and setting up a new company to run the club was the best things he did then we know he didn't do much right.

His mismanagement and spivery (if that's even a word) put us into a state that we still haven't recovered from today, both on and off the pitch.

He is easily number two behind Whyte in the list of ultimate spivs.