Why Not Take The Moral High Ground?

the_r_sole

Seriously sick of seeing the club getting it from all angles - fact is singing the billy boys/famine song makes us looks bad, makes the authorities have to investigate us, looking at potential fines etc etc and the only defence of it is - "whit aboot them?"

tbh I don't care about what celtic fans do or sing, let's allow them to look like fannies with their banners - why can't we try and rise above it and change our own behaviour to make them look even worse?

yes they're songs that get you up off your seat but it's to the detriment of the club every time

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we dont need to take any moral high ground - for a start we should be fighting to repeal an unjust law that specifically targets football fans who may wish to claim they are offended.

The day we made it illegal to be offended at a football match was the day we started all this tit of tat shite as one side tries to apply an areshole of a law to the other, without thinking that it may actually be applied to them as well.

I'm sorry but I'm fed up of this being a one way attack on our club, if the authorities keep taking us to task then they must also be seen to deal with the shite over the city, they continually belt out pro-ira songs but it seems it's just a bit of craic when it comes to them.

We need to be stronger and stand up to the kicks the authorities keep aiming at us, until we do that as a club then I'm afraid we will always be an easy target.

Fuck sake. What the fucks going on on here recently?

Either we should all start getting offended or we should start pandering to the haters.

Why dont we just do what weve always done, sang our songs and supported the team?

Im not going to start crying and getting o'ffended at folk calling me a h**. And im not going to go all prawn sandwhich PC brigade and tell folk not to sing our songs either.

I dont like how they get away with it and they dont. But we shouldnt turn into a bunch of easily offended grasses just cause the tims got away with saying h** or whatever

Seriously sick of seeing the club getting it from all angles - fact is singing the billy boys/famine song makes us looks bad, makes the authorities have to investigate us, looking at potential fines etc etc and the only defence of it is - "whit aboot them?"

tbh I don't care about what celtic fans do or sing, let's allow them to look like fannies with their banners - why can't we try and rise above it and change our own behaviour to make them look even worse?

yes they're songs that get you up off your seat but it's to the detriment of the club every time

I dont want to rise above it,i'm happy where i am.Cheers.

I tend not to sing the various club anthems mentioned in several threads recently and equally I don't mind them being sung unless it is to the detriment of Rangers. Also I don't take offence at the songs sung by Septic but feel very saddened by their obvious support for terrorism. I think however the songs that annoy me most and these rarely if ever get a mention are the songs celebrating the deaths of 66 Gers fans in 1971. That is inexcusable. To a much lesser extent, nice one simmy, is a disgusting chant but is not worthy of media coverage. And there are more. Yes the media can throw their " whataboutary" charge at us. However they could sort it quickly if they created the level playing field.

I think both sets of fans should sing what they want, if the clubs have asked fans not to sing the songs and they continue then it's up to the police etc to deal with it and if everyone sings then they can't jail the lot of them.

It's never harmed anyone, it's just words.

They will threaten to close stands etc but what if it doesn't stop? The next old firm game behind closed doors?

I don't think so.

I total agree with op,s choice of username.it the perfect fit.

you do realise that I know what my own username is!

(I also know what punctuation is, you should try it)

most responses on here are as expected. Disappointing that it's set to continue to harm the reputation of the club and the only way to defend it is by deflection - is that not what the celtic fans are always accused off? are we not better than them?

It's only a matter of time before there are more fines/penalties - it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing if our own house isn't in order, but lets just bury our heads and point the other direction...

I think both sets of fans should sing what they want, if the clubs have asked fans not to sing the songs and they continue then it's up to the police etc to deal with it and if everyone sings then they can't jail the lot of them.

It's never harmed anyone, it's just words.

They will threaten to close stands etc but what if it doesn't stop? The next old firm game behind closed doors?

I don't think so.

The police would never allow a closed door game anyway , it would be bedlam in the pubs and town centres in the country , the stadium is in my opinion actually the safest place to be on old firm day and the easiest to control. It's the pubs , town centres and schemes where people end up attacked , bottled or brawling with each other however the media like to forget about that angle and instead just focus on some songs being sung in the ground. and no chance would the police want an extra 50,000 people out their to add to that problem it would be a logistical nightmare

most responses on here are as expected. Disappointing that it's set to continue to harm the reputation of the club and the only way to defend it is by deflection - is that not what the celtic fans are always accused off? are we not better than them?

It's only a matter of time before there are more fines/penalties - it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing if our own house isn't in order, but lets just bury our heads and point the other direction...

As most say we need to start somewhere and its not to take the high ground we are just wanting a level playing ground before anything gets sorted. ftq and ftp whats the difference ftp is seen as sectarian and the other is not, H** and f***** one is seen sectarian and the other is not anyone getting the picture here. No pope of rome song is not sectarian but because the pope is mentioned is sectarian, there is other countless songs that we sing that are not sectarian but because of timmy in the east and this media and mps shite say it its some jump on the band wagon and say it is. I myself dont sing not because I dont want to it because I cant sing but understand the meaning of the songs.

As most say we need to start somewhere and its not to take the high ground we are just wanting a level playing ground before anything gets sorted.

So we need to start somewhere, but we can't start because the other side are still doing it?! Bizarre logic - It would be better to set a positive example whilst campaigning that others do the same, refusing to change because someone else won't isn't really a great response

fuck up ya handwringing poof away and converse wae yer taig mates

So we need to start somewhere, but we can't start because the other side are still doing it?! Bizarre logic - It would be better to set a positive example whilst campaigning that others do the same, refusing to change because someone else won't isn't really a great response

Have you been inside Ibrox before what do you think has been happening inside for the last 10 years, so much has changed we as supporters of Rangers FC have done much more to address this problem than any other club but we as fans and supporters of Rangers FC are being singled out and made an example of while in the meantime the east have been fined 6 times for there crap and as you can see from the recent semi final the chants the banners and the bile experienced by our supporters as well as the ones that tuned into watch the game clear heard the east mob singing songs and delaying banners that were ment to be banned before getting in the ground. So to say we should take the moral high ground is not acceptable when we are not never on a footing is ridiculous. Just to add none of the fines where by SFA they where by FIFA or Uefa.

Have you been inside Ibrox before what do you think has been happening inside for the last 10 years, so much has changed we as supporters of Rangers FC have done much more to address this problem than any other club but we as fans and supporters of Rangers FC are being singled out and made an example of while in the meantime the east have been fined 6 times for there crap and as you can see from the recent semi final the chants the banners and the bile experienced my our supporters as well as the ones that tuned into watch the game clear heard the east mob singing songs and delaying banners that were ment to be banned before getting in the ground. So to say we should take the moral high ground is not acceptable when we are not never on a level footing is ridiculous.

the point is, it's not about what celtic are doing - we keep giving people opportunities to make an example of us, if we didn't give them that opportunity they would have to look elsewhere

and it's not about what happens inside ibrox, it's the conduct of fans everywhere

the point is, it's not about what celtic are doing - we keep giving people opportunities to make an example of us, if we didn't give them that opportunity they would have to look elsewhere

No the point is we as fans and Rangers FC have done far more than any other club in Scotland but its still not good enough in their eyes. Rangers is an institution, its a way of life, the club was founded on a good protestant foundation, why should we forget who we are and what we are if some Rangers fans dont understand this then they should read our history either to remind or to understand. We should never forget HOW this club was found by the Gallant Pioneers and the story behind it, the Great managers that graced our club like Bill Struth and the quotes he left behind explaining why our club is so great, my opinion is simple some have forgotten.

No the point is we as fans and Rangers FC have done far more than any other club in Scotland but its still not good enough in their eyes.

But we could still easily do more - the line from the billy boys is cited in legislation, quite easy to stop signing one line of one song ffs

Rangers is an institution, its a way of life, the club was founded on a good protestant foundation, why should we forget who we are and what we are if some Rangers fans dont understand this then they should read our history either to remind or to understand.

Sorry, but I hardly think glorifying the actions of a proddy gang in glasgow slashing folk is something we "need to understand" what a load of pish - do you think most of the people at the ground know what they are singing about?

I know the history of the club and I wouldn't say that every part of it is something to be proud of or celebrated

The police would never allow a closed door game anyway , it would be bedlam in the pubs and town centres in the country , the stadium is in my opinion actually the safest place to be on old firm day and the easiest to control. It's the pubs , town centres and schemes where people end up attacked , bottled or brawling with each other however the media like to forget about that angle and instead just focus on some songs being sung in the ground. and no chance would the police want an extra 50,000 people out their to add to that problem it would be a logistical nightmare

Exactly.

Empty threats IMO.

I don't know any celt*c fan who is actually offended by our songbook either. It's the internet cunts who don't go to matches and 'neutrals' who have the problem.