I Have A Massive Fear We Will Fade Away

Gaz52

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...honestly it's just sickening what McCoist has done.

Are you serious? The blame for what has happened to Rangers belongs to one man and one man only; David Murray. To blame it on a manager after we went bust is ludicrous. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll ever recover fully.

The difference is though, that kids these days have access to Sky TV and to the internet where they can stream the top clubs across Europe who play attractive top quality football and who are being glamourised in the media, very few kids these days would watch Rangers play and be desperate to go back the next weekend.

Spot on!

The naivety and arrogance shown by most on here is astonishing.

After the AGM is won King Etc will owe Ashley somewhere in the region of 4M and they will start having to plan for the following season not knowing what league we will be playing in. With regards to money coming in there will be either be a share issue which is probably 6-8 weeks on more away (so some point in May) and season tickets but unsure how many will be bought (and when).

So do they get a new manager in hoping that he will get us up and if so where does the money come to employ him? Is it simply a free till the end of the season in the form of McCall? With regards to players for next season where will they come from and who will sign them....KMD if still in charge....a new caretaker......a new manager for next season? Who will the players be considering we do not know what league we will be in. I saw a figure of 5-10M mentioned earlier but considering we are still losing money each month exactly where will that come from?

Depending on if we win the play off's this year we could be a good 2-4 years away from challenging. I know the argument people use that on paper our squad is 2nd best in Scotland but where is the money/staff/players coming from short term to bridge the gap?

My fear is we just become a Linfield. People from Glasgow will support us, but just a passing interest and would rather follow Chelseas and Man City's. Which would piss me off big time because they are smaller clubs than us, money has put them where they are now.

I really cannot say it enough times - those players that we all scream at every week are good enough to compete in the Premiership and as such - with the correct coaching and guidance - should be able to step up and do it for Rangers. The reason why they have not done so as yet? He is on garden leave and his sidekick is now controlling the team.

The OP makes his opinion known and some are agreeing but I feel that we will bounce back quicker, if we are guided correctly. King and co. have a fair set of balls to stifle the ranks and are about to have their nerve and ability tested. I actually trust them to do it - with the backing from the three bears and co. - but they will have to be ready for a steep climb in a very short space of time. They certainly do not have the three or four years we expected the previous regime to use to correct our status. The board need to be ready to welcome a new manager asap. The board need to be ready to seek out a head scout and have them pull in data to help us in the July window. We, the fans, need to be ready to support the new men and really hope we do!

I agree, take out the poor players in the team, replace with a higher quality, and we have a base from which to relaunch.

There are 3/4 who must go.

But crucially, we need a MANAGER>

McCoist was a greenhorn, that was his real problem, and we needed the wisest of heads for what lay in front of him at the takeover.

And sadly, Kenny Mac has never managed before on his own.

just don,t rule it out

Absolutely not going to happen. King will need all the support from the fans he can get, bringing McCoist back would instantly have a very very large percentage of the fanbase turn on him. It would be suicide for King.

Imo.

My fear is we just become a Linfield. People from Glasgow will support us, but just a passing interest and would rather follow Chelseas and Man City's. Which would piss me off big time because they are smaller clubs than us, money has put them where they are now.

nothing wrong with Linfield

good club

5 years ? this isnt a major football league ffs, its Scotland.

Anybody willing to throw money away on us can get instant success. In one season Hearts have turned their club around with next to nothing.

A good manager, proper coaching and a few good signings will get us into the top 3.

Footballing wise we're a shambles, not got any big game players, no game changers and more important, no leadership.

Aye, things might improve financially shortly but McCoist's legacy is going to live on, how hard was it to bring youngsters through, pay them a fair salary and build them up to be good footballers?

Black, Shiels, Daly, Cribari, Peralta, Argygygyou (or whatever his name was), Simonsen, Foster, Smith, Miller.. Just to name a few. These signings have killed us big time and we will be spending another year in the championship due to the shitebags who pull on our jersey these days.

We've finally started to see some changes in the squad but last night's selection with Law left wing instead of Templeton shows how clueless/stubborn these men are, the board haven't caused this situation, the management have

Terrified we die away like Leeds. If we do get back to the SPL, it's going to take 5 years minimum until we've got a side who can compete with Celtic, honestly it's just sickening what McCoist has done.

My fear is all the boardroom pish goes on and on. Is there a point when the damage becomes to much to put right? Are we at that point? Have we passed that point? I dont know.

After the EGM get rid of all fan groups, clubs and the like. Draw a line in the sand. Open 1 official fan group/club thing and everyone get behind it. Too many fan groups and organisations all wanting to be important

5 years ? this isnt a major football league ffs, its Scotland.

Anybody willing to throw money away on us can get instant success. In one season Hearts have turned their club around with next to nothing.

A good manager, proper coaching and a few good signings will get us into the top 3.

people at rangers have been throwing money around for ages and thats the reason we are where we are right now

its how you spend your money that makes the difference. we have squandered a lot of our resources on dross and bullshit where-as hearts obviously have done better with the cloth they were cut.

lessons to be learnt here

Are you serious? The blame for what has happened to Rangers belongs to one man and one man only; David Murray. To blame it on a manager after we went bust is ludicrous. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll ever recover fully.

Murray was the person who started the financial breakdown but that's gone, it won't be forgotten but try and balance things out. McCoist had to try and scrape together a team when we were in the third division, no argument about that. However he then had more advantages than most other managers in Scotland when we got promoted to league one, he was the man that signed players that were on the downside of their careers, kept players. like McCulloch who were also on the way down and as has been shown this season was absolutely shocking as a manager, bereft of ideas and failed to install a decent playing ethos that could and should have benefited the club for years to come, McCoists managerial incompetence has set the club back but we will recover if we can get it right on the manager and coaching level. We can be back challenging for and winning the SPFL Premiership in three years, it's Scottish football not a league that's awash with money the EPL. McCoist is and will remain a playing legend at the club but it has to be pointed out his part in where the playing side of the club is at just now. Nothing can camouflage that.