Players Who Turned It On In The Big Games

gman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper turned it on in the bad old days of the early 80's ..then totally excelled when Souness arrived . Super Ally , Durrant and Terry Butcher ..Drinkell always stepped up too and he was only there 1 season .

Cooper turned it on in the bad old days of the early 80's ..then totally excelled when Souness arrived . Super Ally , Durrant and Terry Butcher ..Drinkell always stepped up too and he was only there 1 season .

Kirk Broadfoot. Always had that prick mcgeady in his back pocket and did ok in champs league, good performance at Old Trafford.Left the proper way as well unlike the turncoat money grabbing scum.

Denied a penalty at OT if I remember right.

Wee Doddie. Look back at the stats in cup semis and finals in the 70's and wee Alex scored a barrel load.

75 LCF

76 LCSF

76 SCF

78 SCF

79 LCF

I'm sure I will have missed out one two

Wee Doddie, true Ranger and legend.

Quite a few were heiders as well. not bad for a guy who meadured about 3ft 6inches

As class a player as he was, he'd always be prone to a clanger against the likes of Dunfermline or Dundee, and then play an absolute blinder the following week againt the tims, winning every ball, battling, making challanges, single handedly clearing corners, the man was a beast.

Lorenzo Amorouso never let us down in a big game as far as I recall, let us down with a few mistakes against the poorer teams but what a player... What a shot on him too... I'd kill to have a player as strong, powerful and as lovely looking as big Amo.

As class a player as he was, he'd always be prone to a clanger against the likes of Dunfermline or Dundee, and then play an absolute blinder the following week againt the tims, winning every ball, battling, making challanges, single handedly clearing corners, the man was a beast.

Lorenzo Amorouso never let us down in a big game as far as I recall, let us down with a few mistakes against the poorer teams but what a player... What a shot on him too... I'd kill to have a player as strong, powerful and as lovely looking as big Amo.

A big favourite of mine I loved his attitude. Bossed Celtic in his first game back after months out with a knee injury. But he did make one huge howler against Monaco when we were set to get out of a tough champions league group. Gave the ball away on halfway line and Simone scored an equaliser.

Then again he was tearing up the wing against Dunfermline that day we won the league and Sutton cried like a bitch

A big favourite of mine I loved his attitude. Bossed Celtic in his first game back after months out with a knee injury. But he did make one huge howler against Monaco when we were set to get out of a tough champions league group. Gave the ball away on halfway line and Simone scored an equaliser.

Then again he was tearing up the wing against Dunfermline that day we won the league and Sutton cried like a bitch

The Monaco game (tu) I knew there was one I was forgetting. He was prone to the odd mistake, but the thing I loved about Amo is that he'd be furious with himself afterwards and genuinly care, after his mistake, you'd see him get right in amongst it to make up for it. The man was a legend, I'd probably play him at centre half just now ahead of Jig. So many memories and I remember his interview after the cup game when he welled up as we needed the money. Fuck me, I'm feeling sentimental, I'm starting a petition to bring Amo back to Ibrox. Coach, Gaffer, Boot cleaner, whatever, you'd still get the same passion from him.

I was at his and Albertz dinner a couple of years ago, it was a great night.

Amo for Gaffer :21: