Are You Happy With The Appointment Of Mccall?

716 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the appointment of McCall

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to have him until end of the season. Has to be an improvement to what we have. I believe though in order to have a chance to take us up we need the rest of the coaching team out and McCalls guys in. Need another new face and approach instead of McDowall going back to assistant manager position.

Only Scotland game between now and the end of the season, is against Gibraltar at the end of this month. If Strachan desperately needs McCall for that game he probably isn't cut out for football management.

Yes - my reply was based on Watp72 saying he could do both jobs, if he stayed on with us.

I was thinking that the Scotland job would be ramping up at the start of next season, just when we're looking to get off to a good start (whichever division we find ourselves in).

Why are people only happy until end of season? Surely if we go up he deserves the gig full time? He finished second twice and third on a shoestring budget with motherwell. His record is similar if not better than mcinnes or eck when he became our manager. He knows the problems. Get us up and then massive changes in the squad in the summer.

Could it happen? Could we get promoted with Mccall? I note Black was at the Hibs game last night, which is already a bonus, as I've yet to see Mcdowell or McCoist turn up at another teams game.

He's increased our chances from 0.0001% to 50-50 for me. The most telling thing for me is the fact that Motherwell are in the second bottom spot, if he guides us past Hibs, is it written in the stars that he'll send his old team crashing out of the SPL? I'd feel for Motherwell fans and the ex players like Law if that happened, and it'd obviously be sickening for Stuarty... but fuck me that'd be funny :lol:

Short term? Yes …

Anyone is better than Kenny!

Long term? No …

Some are suggesting on here that if he does get us promoted that should grant at the minimum another year in the job… I can’t accept that.

In the summer our current squad will be decimated with up to 16 players out of contract and possibly leaving the club, with the addition of the Newcastle boys returning to St James’s Park. There is a massive rebuilding project required, we need a manager with far more experience than McCall, someone with a track record of building a team, also someone with a reputation of developing and utilising the youth set up and for me that is NOT McCall.

The current short term goal of taking our current underachieving squad and winning promotion is well within his capabilities IMO, however the long term job of rebuilding an entire squad is far too big a task for him.

Why are people only happy until end of season? Surely if we go up he deserves the gig full time? He finished second twice and third on a shoestring budget with motherwell. His record is similar if not better than mcinnes or eck when he became our manager. He knows the problems. Get us up and then massive changes in the squad in the summer.

If he gets us up or not,it's got to be a huge thank you for what he's done. Then we must find the very best management team available to us before next season,we can't afford to give him another year to see how it goes,the next couple of seasons have to be a success or I honestly fear we might go down the same road as Leeds.

Short term? Yes …

Anyone is better than Kenny!

Long term? No …

Some are suggesting on here that if he does get us promoted that should grant at the minimum another year in the job… I can’t accept that.

In the summer our current squad will be decimated with up to 16 players out of contract and possibly leaving the club, with the addition of the Newcastle boys returning to St James’s Park. There is a massive rebuilding project required, we need a manager with far more experience than McCall, someone with a track record of building a team, also someone with a reputation of developing and utilising the youth set up and for me that is NOT McCall.

The current short term goal of taking our uhh current underachieving squad and winning promotion is well within his capabilities IMO, however the long term job of rebuilding an entire squad is far too big a task for him.

Agree with this but I think the rebuilding job needs someone with vision and a bit of fire whereas McCall is just a bang average manager as his past record shows.

Will be interesting to see what happens off the field in terms of what the board will let him do, will he be appointing scouts or looking at the youth setup etc?

Given his previous experience its difficult to judge McCall on youth development terms, he's never really had the chance to implement anything meaningful, so discounting him long term is difficult. Tbh I have no idea, just hope he dish out a good few boots to the chucks of this squad and get them winning on the park in the (very) short term!

Very Happy.

Out of work. Young. Experience of Scottish football. Decent record.

I like McCall. Finally got someone in who has absolutely no connection with the current group of players, no need to be pally, pally, owes non of them f#ck all. Rattle a few cages. He must want the role which is a bonus, considering we've had a guy in it for too long who doesn't want to be there!

I hope he does well, if he gets us promoted then he keeps the job, if he doesn't...Well we might go out and get someone that the support may want, Cathro or whoever?

Catch 22 really. It's only short-term if we don't get promoted in my eyes. He'll get the gig if he gets us up, and being fair would probably deserve it if he can get this shower to perform.

Agree with this but I think the rebuilding job needs someone with vision and a bit of fire whereas McCall is just a bang average manager as his past record shows.

Exactly !!

Hopefully DK and the new board are seeking someone else long term, using the next couple of months to recruit the right man (or men for that matter) for the job.

You ever watch Motherwell under him? They were garbage.